Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    Sorry I've not been replying to stuff. Everything's just been a lot lately. I'm kinda ill, plus the weather has been unbearable, so I've been feeling extra extra overwhelmed. Right now the only thing on my mind is to survive till the next day hoping it can be better than the last. My mind feels half melted, half burnt to a crisp. I just don't think my mental state is good for any talking right now, I dont want to say something dumb or stupid and then regret it. You could say I'm pretty feral right now lol
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2023
    Really struggling with the physical affects of constantly drinking alcohol. I just feel so groggy all the time and It’s really starting to affect my sleep. Sometimes I just wake up randomly and can’t get bac to sleep. That never used to happen to me. Even if I had slept all day I’d never get disturbed sleep
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,902 Extreme Poster
    Hey all, I hear that several of you are in a difficult spot right now. It's a brave thing to share how you feel on here, so well done for opening on here. I'm glad to see the support that people show each on here. Sending hugs to you all <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    why did they just forget abt me
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    mental health team are constantly failing me tbh, social worker shared her kinda immediate concerns about me and no one even addressed it so I ended up in a&e. I'm tired of complaining so I wont but I'm tired of being failed.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Sometimes do you ever feel that your struggles have been going on so long that they will just never get better. I will never make friends , I will never be able to understand when someone says a joke , I will always take offence at anything anyone says … I will just forever be a freak who can’t fit into society and at this point I don’t know how much longer I can keep holding onto a society that I don’t understand or don’t fit into.

I feel this so so much. But everyone keeps saying 'it will get better' so surely it must be true, right? I guess we just have to hope. Sending hugs <3
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,544 Skive's The Limit
    Really wanna stop the alcohol the psycal affects is just not worth it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,098 Community Veteran
    @Morgyn007 how are you feeling about being tested for dyslexia as it can be a big thing to have an assessment. Im sure though that your teachers will help you too <3 always here if you want to talk more about this
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    I dont want to sound like an arsehole or ungrateful but I hate it sometimes when people help me when I dont need it. My parents especially my mum does this all the time automatically. I don't feel like I need to be independant. Why won't I let myself be helped. Like today I was filling a form for the scheme Im applying to for work and I struggled with the spelling of something so I gave my laptop to my mum and she corrected it for me by tpying onto the form which I have just sent off. I know I shoulden't worry about this but it felt like the work wasnt me eventhough I filled out all of the form and I asked my mum to read over it. Im just being silly and stupid right now fml
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,106 Wise Owl
    Here's a free hug to anyone that wants / needs one today

And I reminder that you are loved and add value to the world <3
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    The news of his passing hit hard because I knew what it felt like to be in that headspace.

• Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 951 Part of The Mix Family
    Mum told me the only reason she got our puppy was to make me feel better and now she regrets buying him - as if he's a fucking object - he's a living breathing animal not something you just throw away once your done with itznzw1gimddcb.jpg
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,209 Boards Champion
    Struggling
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,898 Master Poster
    There was a spider in my schoolbag after break today. And it was a big spider. I got really scared. I don't mind small spiders but big ones are scary.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,888 Extreme Poster
    Super nervous for my date and I’ve arrived an hour early lollllll good one mate
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 951 Part of The Mix Family
    Asked my mum to discuss student accommodation and screamed at me and moaned like a toddler and went in a mood once she got what she wanted
  • Options
    @Jellyelephant sending you positive vibes hopefully the date goes well <3
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,209 Boards Champion
    Today was so shit.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Tired , tired of it all
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
This discussion has been closed.