Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    What on earth did I do wrong for this to happen?
    What's happened greenman?
  • Options
    Don't you just love it when your mate abandons you for a girl? :impissed:

Just goes to show you can't rely on anyone... :impissed:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    What on earth did I do wrong for this to happen?
    It's a cliché but shit just does. Happen, that is. You don't have to have done anything.

But I know that you do know that, really, because you're so good at being the voice of reason in this outfit.

If it helps, I think now would be a good time to say that you've never done anything wrong by me - or most other people in this thread if not on the boards - you've got a lot of respect (if you need to call in a favour and chat things through you can always PM me).
  • Options
    I think everything's just getting on top of me at the minute.

My job is shit, the firm I work for is shit, my pay is shit. etc etc.
  • Options
    Don't leave, it wouldn't be the same without you.
  • Options
    Why do you feel that you have out-stayed your welcome?

(I certainly don't think that you have). You're honestly brilliant on the boards, and I'm not just saying that. You've replied to posts that I've made when I was really struggling, and what you said made sense, it was intelligant, and it was really useful.

If you go (I hope that you don't), then thankyou for what you've said.
  • Options
    As I say, I think everything's just getting on top of me at the minute.

I'm pretty much fed up of pretty much everything in my life, and I don't really know how to fix it.

I'm not fishing for compliments, btw. If you're fed up of my whingeing you should say so!
  • Options
    I didn't think you were fishing for compliments, but I'm grateful to those who have helped me.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm not fishing for compliments, btw.

Well then more fool you! :p

In seriousness, I know I'm a helluva lot better at talking than I am at listening... but if you ever need to bend someone's ear then I'll gladly step in at any time mate. Really sorry to hear you're feeling overwhelmed with negatives (I feel like it should be underwhelmed because it's negative but... oh nevermind!) but I won't offer any of the thousands of platitudes that are on the tip of my tongue. Am here if needed :)
  • Options
    I suppose the big problem is that I'm stuck on a shitey wage in a shitey job, and I don't have the money to do the things I want to do. And I don't know how to progress further, I feel like I'm bashing against a wall.

I don't have the magic degree to get a paid-for training contract, and I can't afford to buy my own professional qualifications.
  • Options
    Weight. Bleeuurgh :(
  • Options
    Kermit, I wish I had something more constructive to say but it will get better. I'm sure you know that and I sound patronising but fuck it, I said it anyway :D

Something will turn up and help you out of the rut you feel you're in. It always does.
  • Options
    I'm sure something will.

A year ago I was in a job I really enjoyed, something that stretched my brain.

Now I'm stuck doing button-pushing in an office on a shit wage, spending my time pretending I care when some stupid London cunt gets his stupid remortgage done, and having to restrain myself from calling him a stupid London cunt when he starts shouting at me for not running around for him. And I'm stuck in an office where everyone still lives at home with mummy and daddy, and can't understand why I can't go out and spend £3 on a pint in the worst bar in Newcastle, and thinks that I'm ignoring them and above them because I can't afford to piss my money away in somewhere that I despise.

I always did set a lot by what job I have, its what I spend most of my time doing after all. Shame really.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm not fishing for compliments, btw. If you're fed up of my whingeing you should say so!
    Isn't that what this thread is for, though? And you don't whinge half as much as other people ;)
  • Options
    hope u are feeling better today Kermit x
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    MissPiggy wrote:
    I'm really worried, I've been suffering from depression for years and recently I keep tryign to kill myself.

Hey MissPiggy,
    It's great that you feel able to ask for support on the boards - I hope it helps. We have a Q&A in the askTheSite archive: feeling suicidal - which you may well benefit from reading.

Take care x
  • Options
    cheer up kermit
    hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    And now my dad's had a stroke.

*sigh*

He's fine, it was only a mild one, but he can't walk at the minute. Not good.
  • Options
    Oh honey :(

:heart: and *hugs* for you tbh <3
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

*sigh*

*hugs*
  • Options
    oh no :( i wish i could be here more to help.

:heart: for andy and frog tbh

stay strong guys xxx
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

*sigh*

my dad had 2 strokes about 5 years ago because of an accident at work. it was the scariest time of my life because my dad couldn't speak or feel anything down one side. but he fully recovered and he's back to normal now. don't lose hope x
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:

*sigh*

Shit.

Hope it all goes ok. xx
  • Options
    Fucking......too much shit on my plate.....can't think straight at all.......
  • Options
    :(:heart:

In other news: I'm so tired. So, so tired. I can't concentrate on anything because of it. I've spent the last 2 hours writing one rubbish sentence of an English essay that's due in tomorrow, and I just can't do it. I'm so tired. I'm still on almost full-time hours at work because she keeps putting me on two 8+ hour shifts on weekends, starting at insane am (I did a 7-4 on Saturday and a 7-3 yesterday, and I have two 7-4's next weekend despite saying to her that I can't work Sundays anymore), and then giving me 5 hour weeknight shifts. My first week back at college I was on 5 days, 27 and a half hours. Last week it was 4 days, 22 and a half hours (although I skipped Monday so it was actually 19.5) and this week it's 3 days, 20 and a quarter hours. 16 and a half of which come from two days. I can't do this, AND my college work, AND my social life, AND have everyone always coming to me with their problems and shit. I just CAN'T. I'm tired, and I'm stressed, and I can't fucking concentrate on everything. I'm just tired and irritable and meh when I'm at home, and then when I'm at college I get hyper from the lack of sleep, and then by the time I'm on the bus I'm back on a fucking downer. It's just bullshit, it really is.

Meh :(.
  • Options
    You know you have to work fewer hours. You've got to stand up for yourself and say no to these long shifts.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    :(:heart:

In other news: I'm so tired. So, so tired. I can't concentrate on anything because of it. I've spent the last 2 hours writing one rubbish sentence of an English essay that's due in tomorrow, and I just can't do it. I'm so tired. I'm still on almost full-time hours at work because she keeps putting me on two 8+ hour shifts on weekends, starting at insane am (I did a 7-4 on Saturday and a 7-3 yesterday, and I have two 7-4's next weekend despite saying to her that I can't work Sundays anymore), and then giving me 5 hour weeknight shifts. My first week back at college I was on 5 days, 27 and a half hours. Last week it was 4 days, 22 and a half hours (although I skipped Monday so it was actually 19.5) and this week it's 3 days, 20 and a quarter hours. 16 and a half of which come from two days. I can't do this, AND my college work, AND my social life, AND have everyone always coming to me with their problems and shit. I just CAN'T. I'm tired, and I'm stressed, and I can't fucking concentrate on everything. I'm just tired and irritable and meh when I'm at home, and then when I'm at college I get hyper from the lack of sleep, and then by the time I'm on the bus I'm back on a fucking downer. It's just bullshit, it really is.

Meh :(.

What does your contact say about minimum working hours hun? Because I'm seriouosly suggest you tell her you can only work your contact minimum and cannot do any overtime as your college work is suffering. If you minimum is 16(two eight-hour shifts) hours you might need another approach. You can't let your college work suffer because of your job, its far more important (God I sound like my mother)
  • Options
    I've told her that I can work Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, and Fridays if she *desperately* needs me, but no more than 3 days a week.

She's given me 3 days, but I've been given a Sunday shift. A 9 hour Sunday shift starting at the time I would be just about getting up on a college day. I don't have a minimum amount of hours, outside of when I tell her I can work. The only thing they can't do is give me a shift within 11 hours of finishing the last one. I can't not do it because I seriously need the money, but what am I meant to do? I still have my Extended Essay to do...and loads of other stuff. Meh.

Mum says I should look for another job, but I dunno if I want to, 'cause I quite like Maccys :(.
  • Options
    You tell her that you can't do the Sunday shift. I know you need money but if it' affecting your college work, you've got to cut back.

I can't think of anything practical except writing a budget and sticking to it.
  • Options
    I HAVE to do the Sunday shift.

I have to save £1000 by the time I go to Uni, plus paying my mum £17.50 a fortnight for my phone. That's like...£45 a fortnight.

Plus everything else I need.

I need to do that Sunday shift.

I really don't want to though.

I feel dead.