Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I still have most of a pack of pills left, so I don't need to go get more just yet. I will start taking them again though.

Tbh, she didn't say I should stop completely, so we won't blame her really. They were just making me really tired and not wanting to do anything, so I was like...meh.

I know I'll get hugs on Thursday, but hugs and cuddles are different tbh. I need cuddles like what JD used to give me :(. I need someone to just like...hug me really tight and make me feel like I'm loved and I want that like...safe feeling that I got with him. I miss having someone to be couply with, and I miss having someone to be in love with :(. I liked being all in love, it was nice, and now I'm just single and miserable and meh :(.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote:
    I still have most of a pack of pills left, so I don't need to go get more just yet. I will start taking them again though.

Tbh, she didn't say I should stop completely, so we won't blame her really. They were just making me really tired and not wanting to do anything, so I was like...meh.

I know I'll get hugs on Thursday, but hugs and cuddles are different tbh. I need cuddles like what JD used to give me :(. I need someone to just like...hug me really tight and make me feel like I'm loved and I want that like...safe feeling that I got with him. I miss having someone to be couply with, and I miss having someone to be in love with :(. I liked being all in love, it was nice, and now I'm just single and miserable and meh :(.
    Extra special JsT hugs coming your way soon ;o
  • Options
    It's easy to stop taking them if you feel better, but you have to take them a bit longer otherwise you sink again.

That said, i just stopped taking mine one day and I was fine.
  • Options
    I started crying at work today. I was getting really stressed out, and I needed a cigarette and I was shaking and stuff and almost in tears, so my manager sent me out back to have a cigarette and I just burst into tears.

Good fucking Christ :(.
  • Options
    Fuck. Just fuck.

I'm sick of all this shit, and trying to make my GP understand why I'm having trouble losing weight... he just looked blankly at me. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    GP's suck balls. What's with the weight loss trouble?
  • Options
    I'm bulimic. I try and try but I end up getting really depressed and bingeing again. I exercise but it doesn't make any difference.
  • Options
    Could you get referred to someone who knows what they're talking about?

I could say the obvious, stop binging, but that's not so helpful. Have you tried replacing it with something else, like a 5 mile run? Or something more helpful and less damaging, if you know what I'm driving at.

Like whenever I got stressed during my exams, I'd go training, it'd take my mind off it, by the end of a session I'd feel great and I could go home eat a pie and do my revision and everything would be good
  • Options
    I've been having psychotherapy for a year or so and I keep trying. Sometimes I do manage to take myself off for a long walk (although that's usually through C. London at midnight and possibly not very bright) and I used to try to swim it off but they've closed the only affordable pool in my area. I'm trying to get the courage to go to the gym but I don't want them to weigh me.

And it doesn't help that my housemate keeps going on aobut how lazy and unfit I am when it's bollocks. I'm asthmatic & I hyperventilate, so I get out of breath faster than she does but I'm not actually that unfit.
  • Options
    Mate, weight means nothing. If you saw me you wouldn't believe for a second that I've just topped 11 stone. Try the gym, it's a safe place to work out and you can get something tailored to your asthma.

ETA: For the record, from the pictures I've seen of you, you don't have anything to worry about, you're just sensitive.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Mate, weight means nothing. If you saw me you wouldn't believe for a second that I've just topped 11 stone. Try the gym, it's a safe place to work out and you can get something tailored to your asthma.

ETA: For the record, from the pictures I've seen of you, you don't have anything to worry about, you're just sensitive.
    Thanks, I think I'll go down once I get the money my landlord owes me.

One of my housemates is trying to help me out, we're going to eat together for a bit and cut out the lager (I don't drink often, but I'll have 4 pints when I do... bad Kate).

I just got really upset yesterday. Especially as he told me to lose weight without even weighing me. It's probably because it's the PCOS that's made me put on weight but it also gets worse as you put the weight on (Catch-22). I guess he figured that since I'd done nothing to gain weight I wouldn't mind being told to lose it but I wish he'd read my notes first...
  • Options
    This your GP being so heavy handed? He'd tell me to loose weight if he weighed me. Thing is everyone's a bit different. I was slightly crushed when a lacrosse buddy told me she never topped 10 and a half. Then she pointed out that muscle density is different for different people, and I probably have slightly different fitness. She was always very lean, I'm a bit chunky, but it's still mostly all muscle

Anyway he probably looked at you and decided (sorry for this) that you're slightly soggy round the edges, and could do with loosing a few pounds, which we've established is true, even if not a nice way of going about it. GPs have a really hard job, and sometimes they just can't register that there's a mental problem in the way of the physical one, he probably just thought "so, stop binging?" you know what I mean?

Get yourself down to the gym, try to replace the eating with excercise, and you'll do fine
  • Options
    Yeah, I know. And I do know I could do with losing a few pounds else I wouldn't put my body through the crap I put it through. (Tbh, from what I've read it's probably 4 years of bulimia that's given me some of the health problems I have now.) But I was pissed off that he doesn't see that the whole reason I do it is because I am absolutely desperate to lose weight.

I know you're right. I hope I manage it this time!
  • Options
    I never ever weigh myself. I'd have a full on spaz out if I did. Instead I just diet until I feel happier. (Although this me be backfiring as I've become obsessed with becoming skinny again) as far as exercise goes, my mum walks 3 miles a day adn swears by it. I however go to the gym and do classes.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    I just got really upset yesterday. Especially as he told me to lose weight without even weighing me. It's probably because it's the PCOS that's made me put on weight but it also gets worse as you put the weight on (Catch-22). I guess he figured that since I'd done nothing to gain weight I wouldn't mind being told to lose it but I wish he'd read my notes first...

A surprising number of doctors lack tact in a fairly major way. Last year, when I said I was worried about how much weight I was losing, the doctor said (direct quote) 'it's not like you're skinny or anything'. I was 6 stone 9 and had a history of eating disorders. Thanks for that, Dr. Feelgood.

Anyway, point is that you have to try not to take it to heart, which I know is damn hard, but you have to try damn hard. Weight means nothing. You have to put your health and mental wellbeing first. You could be the skinniest person in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you're the skinniest dead person in the world.

Find a kind of exercise you enjoy, and stick with it. Personally I'd die inside if I went to the gym, but I find other ways to get a bit fitter. The more you do it, and the more you enjoy it, the fitter, happier and healthier you will get. Then the weight loss/size loss - you may not lose any weight if you're toning up - will be a bonus.
  • Options
    Got a fair point Kaff, I like playing sport myself. The team atmosphere is what it's all about.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jeez. I feel shit.

I am on my own as the boy is away on a 4 day course thing. And I felt crappy enough before he went about various things. Now that I am on my own they have escalated in my mind and I want things that I can't have. And I hate it. I just feel a bit stuck at the moment. Am forcing myself not to cry or even think about certain things but I just feel so naff.

It sucks big eggs.
  • Options
    play with cats, watch all teh films you've wanted to when you've been busy. chin up laura i know how you feel in a way, my parents are away and the novelty is wearing off adn im jus rattling around the house xxx
  • Options
    Jeez. I feel shit.

I am on my own as the boy is away on a 4 day course thing. And I felt crappy enough before he went about various things. Now that I am on my own they have escalated in my mind and I want things that I can't have. And I hate it. I just feel a bit stuck at the moment. Am forcing myself not to cry or even think about certain things but I just feel so naff.

It sucks big eggs.

Do you have anyone you can go & see or stay with until he comes back?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Sofie wrote:
    Do you have anyone you can go & see or stay with until he comes back?

Nope. I can't go and stay anywhere as I have 3 cats that need fed. Tried to see my local friend tonight but she'd already made plans. The rest are a bit far away to just pop over. I phoned my mum for a bit.

I'll be happier tomorrow. It is this time of night and bedtime that is the worst. I just want a bit of a cuddle and stuff.

I *know* I'm being irrational, as always, but just meh. Things always escalate in your mind when you are left to your own devices.

I probably make no sense :/
  • Options
  • Options
    What's the point in living? Doesn't seem worth it...
  • Options
    FFS - I cant be arsed with shit any more. I'm having a shit time at the moment and I was really really happy yesterday for the first time in ages and now I'm back to the shitty black emo depressive self-distuct mode. I havent SH this much in ages (its pretty much every day now) and theres no-one on MSN I can talk too. I actually sitting here crying becasuse I'm that fucked up. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :crying:
  • Options
    Aww... I'm on :). You don't have to be alone...
  • Options
    FFS - I cant be arsed with shit any more. I'm having a shit time at the moment and I was really really happy yesterday for the first time in ages and now I'm back to the shitty black emo depressive self-distuct mode. I havent SH this much in ages (its pretty much every day now) and theres no-one on MSN I can talk too. I actually sitting here crying becasuse I'm that fucked up. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :crying:

ha im feeling like that. got rejected by some one today. i think. its wierd cos i knew what she'd say but still feel like shit. surprisingly didnt cut myself as much as id think. she probably thinks i'm a twat.
  • Options
    She probably doesn't actually, she probably just wasn't attracted to you. As plenty of women aren't to many many men all over the world. I, for example, don't really get why people seem to think tom cruise is so attractive.
  • Options
    yeah, i knowut i still feel like shit like no one will ever want me. boo fucking hoo.
  • Options
    Nothing ever fucking changes does it? I never good enough, whatever I do is always wrong. I try to help, and it never works out. Do people not realise how close I am to cracking up? Or worse than cracking up- self harm.

If I cut- I know I'll be made to go back to the fucking counsellor, and I don't want to. So what do I do? Not cut and crack up, or cut, then be forced to see the counsellor.
  • Options
    Regardless of whether you cut or not, you need to go and talk to someone. Things obviously aren't okay - if they were, you wouldn't be feeling like this.

You know where I am :).
  • Options
    I just had to things out my system yesterday (still do) otherwise I'm scared I'll do something really stupid, I've got so used to cutting again I dont even notice the (tempoary) scars. I dont want to go the doctors, the last one was an unhelpful prick.