Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Starting a sexual relationship

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So, you wouldn't be prepared to wait if you liked her that much and she wasn't ready?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    So, you wouldn't be prepared to wait if you liked her that much and she wasn't ready?

No - I've been there and done that. It was a waste of time, money and effort. She deliberately misled me in claiming that she'd have sex with me "when the time's right"; months later, we'd not even had a peck on the cheek. All I received from her was a string of lame excuses. It left me feeling frustrated, foolish and with a much reduced bank balance. Had I realised that she was leading me on and conning me, I wouldn't have bothered with her; she could see that I was an easy target to exploit. I'm not an open wallet or a mug who's going to allow himself to be fleeced again. If someone's not ready for sex, then they're not ready to date. I want sexually liberal girls with high sex drives. If she wants to wait, then she's not my type, even if she will eventually have sex with me, which she probably won't. The girl whom I wasted hundreds of pounds and many hours on had sex with someone whom she met after she met me - and she didn't keep him waiting for months.
  • Options
    You need to get it in to your head that sex isn't a transaction or something you're automatically entitled to. Unless you go to a brothel, that is.
  • Options
    The large majority of men indirectly pay for sex; men don't wine and dine women at top restaurants out of the goodness of their hearts. It's very common for a rich man who has no other positive qualities to have sex many times with many very attractive women, each of whom would have nothing to do with him if not for his wealth.

Women are automatically entitled to sex. Even if they look and behave like Aileen Wuornos, they have no difficulty in getting as much sex with as many men as they want. The qualities that men need to have in order to be granted permission to have sex: good looks, good social skills, charm, ability to dance and tell jokes etc. don't apply to women. A woman doesn't need to prove she's worthy in order to get sex, she merely needs to be willing. There's no gender equality in dating and sex.

I'm not going to be made to feel guilty for wanting what is perfectly normal. The large majority of people have sex and enjoy it. I want to be one them.
  • Options
    The large majority of people have sex in their teens. Therefore, getting it cannot be a complicated conundrum, nor can it be a rare privilege. There can't be a long, arduous, intricate, complicated, sophisticated sequence of events that lead to a shag under a pile of coats at a teenage party.
  • Options
    What 'connection' is needed to have a shag under the pile of coats at a teenage party? It doesn't sound like it requires being a chivalrous, sophisticated, master of seduction - but I guess I must be wrong.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Adam0 wrote: »
    What 'connection' is needed to have a shag under the pile of coats at a teenage party? It doesn't sound like it requires being a chivalrous, sophisticated, master of seduction - but I guess I must be wrong.
    Problem is, as people grow up, that no longer becomes acceptable and people start wanting to base it off feelings instead of just diving right in.

You're becoming bound by this unhealthy mindset of having researched all of this and become so fixated on this end goal that it's making you less likely to get the sex you so want.
  • Options
    There's a lot of pages in this thread so I've not read them all. But look, the reason you're not "having sex every day" is because you "aim is to have sex every day".

Whilst you continue to exist in a mindset where your "target" is to have sex, the chances are it will not happen for you.

There's perhaps some slim chance that you might happen upon a set of circumstances that leads to some drunken fumble on a pile of coats (or whatever), but that's what that would be, a one-off encounter, and, chances are, you'd find it deeply unfulfilling.

There is no doubt in my mind that you'll find yourself in a healthy, sexual, relationship with someone just as soon as you stop concentrating on the sex aspect and start thinking about the relationship aspect.

You say that you've been "lied to and manipulated" multiple times in the past. The implication of that would be that someone has lied to you about the promise of sex, and the further implication of that is that you have brought [the question of] sex to that relationship far sooner than you should have. In other words, your partners have not been lying to you or manipulating you, they've been trying to run things at a speed at which they are comfortable.

Now, there will, of course, exist, a section of female society who might be willing to [immediately and without preparation] embark on a highly sexualised adventure with you, someone they've never met. However, the chances are that a) you don't know these people, b) you're unlikely to meet these people and c) once you do meet these people, your "vibe", "aura", "desperation", "lack of experience" - call it what you will - will shine through and turn them away. You're not on a level with them, because you're not sexually experienced.

So. Tl;DR; if you want to have sex, stop trying to get sex.
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    Problem is, as people grow up, that no longer becomes acceptable and people start wanting to base it off feelings instead of just diving right in.

a) I still want to just dive right in.

b) Why didn't I get sex in this type of situation during my teens when it was acceptable? Girls didn't want me then, just like they don't want me now.
  • Options
    Because it's obvious how desparate you are, which is off putting.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    There's a lot of pages in this thread so I've not read them all. But look, the reason you're not "having sex every day" is because you "aim is to have sex every day".

Whilst you continue to exist in a mindset where your "target" is to have sex, the chances are it will not happen for you.

There's perhaps some slim chance that you might happen upon a set of circumstances that leads to some drunken fumble on a pile of coats (or whatever), but that's what that would be, a one-off encounter, and, chances are, you'd find it deeply unfulfilling.

There is no doubt in my mind that you'll find yourself in a healthy, sexual, relationship with someone just as soon as you stop concentrating on the sex aspect and start thinking about the relationship aspect.

You say that you've been "lied to and manipulated" multiple times in the past. The implication of that would be that someone has lied to you about the promise of sex, and the further implication of that is that you have brought [the question of] sex to that relationship far sooner than you should have. In other words, your partners have not been lying to you or manipulating you, they've been trying to run things at a speed at which they are comfortable.

Now, there will, of course, exist, a section of female society who might be willing to [immediately and without preparation] embark on a highly sexualised adventure with you, someone they've never met. However, the chances are that a) you don't know these people, b) you're unlikely to meet these people and c) once you do meet these people, your "vibe", "aura", "desperation", "lack of experience" - call it what you will - will shine through and turn them away. You're not on a level with them, because you're not sexually experienced.

So. Tl;DR; if you want to have sex, stop trying to get sex.

a) Some sex would be better than none.

b) I was lied to, exploited and psychologically manipulated; I didn't falsely assume.

c) If someone's 'comfortable pace' is to have months of dating without so much as a peck on the cheek, then she's not ready to date, let alone suitable for me.

d) I've tried not trying to get sex - I didn't get sex then either. How would I get sex without trying (without wasting a huge amount of time, money or effort)? My aim is to get sex as soon as possible, as often as possible, as cheaply as possible and as easily as possible, with as few complications as possible. If prostitutes' fees were 50 pence per shag, I'd get laid every night without exception.

e) If I can't get sex because I'm not sexually experienced, not sexually confident etc. - how do I get started?
  • Options
    c) If someone's 'comfortable pace' is to have months of dating without so much as a peck on the cheek, then she's not ready to date, let alone suitable for me.

They are ready to be dating, hence why they are dating. Just because they don't want sex straight away and want to go at their own pace does not in any way mean then aren't ready to date.
  • Options
    Because it's obvious how desparate you are, which is off putting.

If being desperate to have sex is off-putting, nymphomaniacs would be virgins because their desperation would be repulsive. What you mean is that desperation to have sex is repellent in a man, but attractive in a woman. This is yet another double standard in our so-called gender-equal society.
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    They are ready to be dating, hence why they are dating. Just because they don't want sex straight away and want to go at their own pace does not in any way mean then aren't ready to date.

You think that months of being taken out regularly without so much as a peck on the cheek is normal dating? The point of dating is to have a sexual relationship; if a person isn't ready for sex, then she shouldn't be dating, as she's leading on the mug who's wasting his time, money and effort on her. The average is sex on the third date, and it is common to have sex on a first date.
  • Options
    You think that months of being taken out regularly without so much as a peck on the cheek is normal dating? The point of dating is to have a sexual relationship; if a person isn't ready for sex, then she shouldn't be dating, as she's leading on the mug who's wasting his time, money and effort on her. The average is sex on the third date, and it is common to have sex on a first date.

You think having sex every single day is normal dating?

The point of dating isn't about sex, people don't just date someone for sex.

Okay but what about asexuals? They still date. Are you saying that they shouldn't be allowed to date?
  • Options
    Going on a date with someone isn't a signal that you're ready to get jiggy.

Here's something that might blow your mind: it was a year before I had sex with my first girlfriend. Like it or not Adam, everyone has their own paces and not everyone is ready to sleep with someone after a date or a couple of dates. Personally, it takes me a long time to be comfortable with being physiclaly intimate with anyone. You're so deluded about this whole social mechanic that it's frustrating and sometimes insulting. Sex is a big deal to a lot of people. Do not sit there and decide what someone else is ready for or wants. You will not get anywhere if you stick to this attitude. Believe us, take in what we say, we aren't bullshitting you.

It's been said a thousand times and I'll say it a final time - people are PEOPLE, not objects or sex machines.
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    You think having sex every single day is normal dating?

The point of dating isn't about sex, people don't just date someone for sex.

Okay but what about asexuals? They still date. Are you saying that they shouldn't be allowed to date?

Sex every day certainly is normal. No psychologist, doctor etc. would claim that daily sex is abnormal.

Sex is the main reason for dating. Sex is the central component of a sexual relationship - that's why it's called a sexual relationship.

Only about 1% of people are asexual, which means that it's probably the least common sexual orientation. Some asexuals date, but many don't, because a high proportion of asexuals have schizoid personality disorder, and vice versa. None of the girls who misled me into thinking they would have sex with me were asexual. If someone is asexual and is dating, they should tell their date that, or at least tell them that they don't ever want sex. I've made it crystal clear by the way I talk to girls I fancy that I'm sexually attracted to them, so as to avoid asexuals, prudes, sex-phobics and the friendzone. Likewise, my dating profiles clearly state that I want sex on the first date. On many sites, members are asked what they want/like to do on a first date - should I lie and say that I want to play dominoes?
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    not everyone is ready to sleep with someone after a date or a couple of dates.

That's true, but I'm ready to have sex within minutes of meeting a girl whom I fancy. I want to find girls who likewise are ready to have sex, without me having to wine and dine them, buy them expensive presents, be interrogated by their families, make them laugh, 'be friends first' or any other extraneous rituals. I thought that clearly stating on my dating website profiles what I want would attract girls of that type, yet it hasn't and I don't know how I can. No-one ever initiates contact with me on the dating sites. About 99% of the girls whom I send messages to via the sites never respond. I've never got to the stage of talking to any of them on the phone, let alone meeting them.
  • Options
    Sex every day certainly is normal. No psychologist, doctor etc. would claim that daily sex is abnormal.

Sex is the main reason for dating. Sex is the central component of a sexual relationship - that's why it's called a sexual relationship.

Only about 1% of people are asexual, which means that it's probably the least common sexual orientation. Some asexuals date, but many don't, because a high proportion of asexuals have schizoid personality disorder, and vice versa. None of the girls who misled me into thinking they would have sex with me were asexual. If someone is asexual and is dating, they should tell their date that, or at least tell them that they don't ever want sex. I've made it crystal clear by the way I talk to girls I fancy that I'm sexually attracted to them, so as to avoid asexuals, prudes, sex-phobics and the friendzone. Likewise, my dating profiles clearly state that I want sex on the first date. On many sites, members are asked what they want/like to do on a first date - should I lie and say that I want to play dominoes?

1) daily sex is normal - who even has time for that, or has a high enough sex drive? It might be nice to, but it's hardly a maintainable pattern over time.

2) sex is the main reason for dating - what about just enjoying each others' company

3) what about asexuals dating *shock horror* other asexuals.

Please, wipe your brain and get rid of these mentalities. They're over judgemental, warped and completely unreasonable. You've researched sex to such an extent that instead of being well informed, it's holding you back
  • Options
    Are you surprised that none of the girls you've contacted contact you again? I know I wouldn't contact you again, if you listed that you'd want sex on the first date. Bit different maybe if we were friends first or something and had known each other for some time before dating.
  • Options
    1) daily sex is normal - who even has time for that, or has a high enough sex drive? It might be nice to, but it's hardly a maintainable pattern over time.

I do. I masturbate for about two hours per day; I easily have the time and sex drive to have sex every day.
  • Options
    2) sex is the main reason for dating - what about just enjoying each others' company

Just enjoying each others' company is what friends are for. Friendship and dating are two different things. Dating without sex is like repeatedly going to a restaurant and never eating anything, repeatedly going to a museum and never looking at any of the exhibits; repeatedly going to a sports centre and never playing sport.
  • Options
    Are you surprised that none of the girls you've contacted contact you again? I know I wouldn't contact you again, if you listed that you'd want sex on the first date. Bit different maybe if we were friends first or something and had known each other for some time before dating.

Yes, I am surprised - and very disappointed. I joined dating websites to get lots of sex and that's what I thought I'd get. I thought that girls who have high sex drives and whom enjoy sex would have been keen to have sex with me, especially those who don't want a load of complicated stuff like wining and dining, meeting each others' families, 'being friends first' etc. I thought they'd see my profile and be pleased to find someone who wants the same things that they do. All the sexual activities I want are mainstream, including French kissing, fellatio, cunnilingus and vaginal intercourse. Most girls enjoy those activities, and they don't all feel the need for a long, arduous preamble.
  • Options
    Just enjoying each others' company is what friends are for. Friendship and dating are two different things. Dating without sex is like repeatedly going to a restaurant and never eating anything, repeatedly going to a museum and never looking at any of the exhibits; repeatedly going to a sports centre and never playing sport.

Oh. Looks like you're saying my relationship isn't a relationship then.

Companionship above the sex anytime, really.
  • Options
    3) what about asexuals dating *shock horror* other asexuals.

That would make sense, because they'd be suited to each other. Only 1% of people are asexual, so this isn't a major issue. Dating websites, nightclubs etc. are not full of asexuals. Most people have never dated an asexual, so this isn't much of an issue. The vast majority of people want and enjoy sex.
  • Options

:yes:

Can you hear yourself? :banghead:
  • Options
    The vast majority of people want and enjoy sex.

Not 24/7 like you appear to want.
  • Options
    Oh. Looks like you're saying my relationship isn't a relationship then.

It sounds like you're not doing it correctly and that you've never climaxed during sex. As soon as you have your first orgasm, you'll understand why the vast majority of people love sex and you'll want to do it thousands of times. I wouldn't want to live if I couldn't have orgasms every day; they're intensely pleasurable.

It's bizarre that people who don't like sex (much) are attracted to a thread which is asking how to start a sexual relationship. You must have realised from day 1 that you weren't going to convert me into the 'sex is a load of fuss over nothing' way of thinking that you have and are trying to promote. I have an erection for about two hours per day.
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    Can you hear yourself? :banghead:

I stand by what I wrote minutes ago. I can't understand why anyone would want a sexless date; it's like a meal without food, a museum without exhibits, a car without an engine, a party without guests, a radio without sound.
  • Options
    You. Are. Not. Getting. It.

Who said we don't like sex? Sex is amazing. It's just not common place to want it for hours per day like you seem to, or expect people to just give it to you. Let me ask you this - how many times would people have to repeat themselves before you got the message here?
This discussion has been closed.