Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bad

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you been told why?
  • Options
    Yes. I'm not eligible for therapy - people are worse off than me. CPN has been told he doesn't need to see me anymore and he thinks he's reached the end of the road with me. And if I'm not on his caseload I'm definitely not eligible for therapy.
  • Options
    Feeling really bad :(
  • Options
    I bet you are. Being knocked back like that is ridiculous. "not sick enough" my enormous bottom...
  • Options
    It wasn't said exactly like that - More of you're not high risk, we have to look after people with schizophrenia etc. But still.

I'm looking into other services. There's a service run by the NHS that provides different forms of therapy to people who aren't being seen by the CMHT. I'm also looking at getting therapy from two different services which offer supervised therapy by trainees at a cheaper price. It's so hard to be positive about it all though :(
  • Options
    That's an amazing achievement, to keep looking into help after a knockback is hard. :)

I hope you get somewhere. Meanwhile, have you tried MoodGym?
  • Options
    Thanks Picc. I feel a bit like noone gives a shit. If stuff gets really bad again I have noone to turn to. :(

I completed MoodGym around this time last year but suppose it can't harm to try again.
  • Options
    Thanks Picc. I feel a bit like noone gives a shit. If stuff gets really bad again I have noone to turn to. :(

oh love :( *hug*

it feels so awful when this happens. it happened to me twice. it's really hard to readjust to a life without mh services, especially when you're really struggling. it's not because no one gives a shit, you know that. it doesn't make it easier though. lots of hugs for you x
  • Options
    I completed MoodGym around this time last year but suppose it can't harm to try again.

The nice thing about CBT is that you can keep refreshing ad infinitem. I would also really recommend finding some good Mindfulness resources. It just keeps the edge off (when I can find the time!).
  • Options
    Thank you. I guess part of it is adjusting to not having fortnightly support, but perhaps the bigger thing is that for around 2 years I've felt like therapy was just round the corner and I was pinning a lot of hope to that. Especially as I was sort of told that while medication might make a bit of difference, therapy would be the best shot for long-term improvement.

But yeah, I've self-referred to the free service, waiting for a call back from one of the trainee services and I've spoken to the other and they're going to call me back next week. I really hope something comes up. I don't want to be like this. It's a bit frustrating that I was constantly told that I was worth helping and that it was good that I was trying, but that got me nowhere.

Ah well. I'll get over it I guess.
  • Options
    But yeah, I've self-referred to the free service, waiting for a call back from one of the trainee services and I've spoken to the other and they're going to call me back next week. I really hope something comes up. I don't want to be like this. It's a bit frustrating that I was constantly told that I was worth helping and that it was good that I was trying, but that got me nowhere.

Ah well. I'll get over it I guess.

That's really good progress, I'm really impressed. Hope one of them comes through.
  • Options
    Thank you. I also found out from my last therapist how my therapy got funded last time. (Through occ health and uni). I tried calling my (old) CPN this morning to ask for some sort of letter to take to them or something..... But he was busy and no call back. I hope that he won't just not call me back because I'm not part of his caseload anymore :(
  • Options
    Wheyyyyy, my pastoral tutor emailed me saying he's away until the end of April. Brilliant :(
  • Options
    Feeling quite negative about things at the moment. Thinking about taking the rest of the term off. Trouble is with my pastoral tutor away I don't really know who to talk to about it. It gets complicated because I'd need ECs for both the exam and the essay I'm doing atm but I don't even know where I'd get the evidence from - I still haven't seen my GP for MH reasons. I've somehow ended up working 8-13 and then 16-00 tomorrow. How did that even happen :(

And I know this is becoming more of a diary of my moaning - I'm sorry about that :(
  • Options
    Wheyyyyy, my pastoral tutor emailed me saying he's away until the end of April. Brilliant :(

Who's in place acting for him? There will be someone you can see. If all else fails, try the disability / student support folks. They're usually very good and can help with ECs and practical advice.
  • Options
    I'm not sure.... And there's no disability / support folk on this site. I know I'm just making excuses, I just feel like I've had many people involved and nothing has really come of it - they've all buggered off so what's the point brining anyone new in. I'm going to struggle on I think because actually doing nothing would give me the time and space to start thinking bad things and rebuild plans etc. It's hard because I feel really on the limit of being able to cope. Meh.
  • Options
    I'm not sure.... And there's no disability / support folk on this site. I know I'm just making excuses, I just feel like I've had many people involved and nothing has really come of it - they've all buggered off so what's the point brining anyone new in. I'm going to struggle on I think because actually doing nothing would give me the time and space to start thinking bad things and rebuild plans etc. It's hard because I feel really on the limit of being able to cope. Meh.

It sucks that they're not on-site but I bet they'll answer an email. I know bringing new people in might seem pointless but from the pov of the university, you will be taken much more seriously with the disability people backing your corner on ECs, changed assessment, etc.
  • Options
    Thanks picc.

I think I'm going to stick it out. By the time I arrange a meeting with a new tutor it'd be at least the end of the week anyway, and I can't really miss anything until I've seen them. (I'm trying really hard to not give them reasons to chuck me out). It would also be a nightmare getting evidence etc which would take me into next week. I've only got 2 weeks till Easter so hopefully I can just get through till then and have a nice break. Save my 'time off card' for another occasion. Just hope this doesn't all push me over the edge.
  • Options
    You can bash your way through two more weeks if term, I have every confidence in you.

How's the shifts going?
  • Options
    Shifts are ok at the moment, have a nightmare few days coming up though. I think I'll get through it.

Counselling isn't going too well. I just don't seem to be clicking with the counsellor. It's hard to explain - I get annoyed at the questions she asks, and think why the hell is she asking me that etc etc. Hoping I just had an off day.
  • Options
    'Following your recent self-referral to the x service, I am writing to inform you that unfortunately we are unable to pursue your referral. This is because our service offers short term psychotherapy, appropriate for clients experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties. We are aware that following your contact with CMHT, you had been advised that longer term psychotherapy is appropriate to meet your needs. Therefore I would advise you to discuss this with your GP who many consider alternative avenues'

:crying:
  • Options
    Was that letter from the counsellor you didn't click with? I don't know what to say, it's getting silly.
  • Options
    Sorry I'm sort of using this thread as a rant. I know there's not much more people can say or do :(

So my options after being discharged from the CMHT were as follows:

-University counselling (which I'm still going to but not really clicking)
    -Free NHS service for people not under the care of the CMHT. That's who I got the letter from (and quoted above).
    -See a trainee therapist - won't be free but will be cheaper than private.

So the first 2 options aren't looking good. I've called up 2 separate people about the therapy. However I do need money.... I found out how my last therapy was funded (through occ health and uni). I tried to get in contact with my old CPN to try and get some sort of letter of recommendation (I figure noone's going to just hand me over money without a professional opinion). I first called over a week ago, and again a few days ago and he hasn't got back to me. Probably is thinking that because he's discharged me he never has to talk to me again.

I really am close to giving up. I know I shouldn't stop trying but it's so hard doing it alone and knowing there's little prospect of me getting help :( I'm a broken record I know, but the only reason I've stuck at uni etc is because I wanted to do that if I'm better. But I know I can't do it if I'm not better, so really what is the point? When I've felt really suicidal I've hung on to the hope that I'd be able to feel better with help. But that's not there anymore. There's no reason for me to believe things will change. Things have steadily got worse over the years. And with each crisis I've got even closer. I came so close a few months ago, and I think I'm heading downhill again.
  • Options
    Feeling really quite terrible this morning. Have so much to do, but I'm avoiding getting out of bed because I'll do something bad. So so so fed up with feeling this.
  • Options
    Get up, get washed, get dressed and get outside.

Staying in bed isn't actually going to change anything apart from giving you time to think about how rubbish stuff might be.
  • Options
    I'm out of bed, had a shower and spent a few mins outside. Now getting working...
  • Options
    I'm out of bed, had a shower and spent a few mins outside. Now getting working...

High 5!
  • Options
    I had quite a bit of anxiety at uni YSH and I would take a 10 minute walk whenever I started getting too upset to carry on working. Was more of a power walk.

Don't take a phone or anything with you, it's purely to get some fresh air and allow your brain to absorb knowledge and rest a little bit. Ideally you don't want to think about anything except perhaps how beautiful the weather is!

Hope this helps xx
  • Options
    Good on you.

And I bet nothing actually got worse, did it?

(No, because clearly I am always right :p )
  • Options
    (No, because clearly I am always right :p )

it's an engineering thing... I'm always right too.