Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

just needing some support right now :')

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey everyone :)

soo I fooled around with a guy and we had genital contact, no ejac but precum and I took EC 15 hours later... had what felt like a period 10 days later, still worried bout pregnancy :( this is doing my head in, just looking for some friendly, non judgemental support tonite, bc im feeling low :(

Comments

• Options
    heyy

heyy maddley

well-done for posting on here. if u worried about being pregnecey have u thgought to go and see a nurse to cheak and get advice what to do.

hugs *hug*

here abit of info about reashingsghip it might help
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships

keep posting and telling us about how ur feeling we are ghere for u
    pm if u need to talk and welcome to post on the board
  • Options
    heey :D

heey there bubbley heather :D

ive seen all the pages, read through most of them several times :P just waiting for the 21 day mark when I can test and find out one way or another :/

just looking for someone to talk to about my anxiety, y'know? :') xxx
  • Options
    :thumb:*hug*Was they any good for u

Would u like me to see people u can talk to about that.

That's good ur sorting it out. Well done for posting on here

U can allways pm me too aswell as the boards. Keep us posted
  • Options
    Hey MaddleyLove - I didn't get a chance to post the link in chat last night as it was closing but here is the link to Brook - if you're not able to drop in you can also email them or call their helpline to get some reassurance: http://www.askbrook.org.uk/

:)
  • Options
    Hey, Jo7 :)

thanks for the link, I have actually already done that, and I got an answer saying that what happened wasn't much of a risk as there was no penetration :)
    A nurse also told me that there was little risk in what I did- can they be trusted? :( its been 21 days since my risk, im really scared to test despite what felt like a normal period :'(
  • Options
    Nurses are professionally trained so yes I would say you can trust them :) Do you have any reason not to trust this nurse? You also mentioned that you did take emergency contraception too so you've done all the rights things in order to avoid pregnancy.

It's great that you've been in touch with Brook too and that they've reassured you a bit but it sounds like until you've taken another test you won't feel 100% sure?

I wonder if there is a close friend you could confide in about this? If you did feel that you needed to do another test perhaps they could be there with you to help you from feeling so anxious?

It could also help to find some distractions too from letting this take over your thoughts.. anxiety can be quite consuming at times so finding things that work for you to help bring you out of the spiral of worry could be really useful for you. This article has some broader info on anxiety that you might like to read as it sounds as though this might be at the root of your stress?
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/anxietygettinghelp

Good luck and let us know how things go *hug*
  • Options
    Just got referral papers through for counselling, so hopefully thatll get the ball rolling :) Im so, so scared to test, if it was positive I wouldn't be strong enough to go through it on my own :'( and no, there is no one I can really talk to about this :'(
  • Options
    heyy

thats good that ur speaking to someone about it :D well done u. could u go with u that u trust that might help :) i sometimes take people with me if iamscared and nurvouis about stuff

keep us posting we here to help u threw this :)*hug*
  • Options
    thanks bubbley :')

ill just go on my own, ill manage :) does anyone know if CASH clinics are any good for pregnancy testing?
  • Options
    Hey Maddley, I hadn't heard of CASH clinics before but looked them up and found this video about what to expect. They look really friendly and they do pregnancy tests :)

http://www.wfact.co.uk/clinics/what-to-expect-when-you-visit-a-cash-clinic.aspx#01

Sorry to hear you might not have someone to go with you but we'll always be here to listen to how it goes :)

Good luck :heart:
  • Options
    thanks :') I guess im just having a low evening, where everything seems hopeless :( it happens with anxiety :P ive been feeling recently that I really just need a friend, someone impartial to say they'll be there, whatever happens, y'know? :(
  • Options
    Hey Maddley

Sorry to hear you haven't got that special person to confide in, but there's always someone here to talk to, so do stick around and keep posting. You could also try out our chat sessions, which are much more conversational - all the upcoming chats are listed here:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/144-Announcements

There's one tonight from 8-10pm if you fancy it, go along...

Spanner :)
  • Options
    feeling depressed again this evening. anyone there to talk?
  • Options
    hello!
  • Options
    Heya :)
    just feeling abit low, I know I should probably test but im just so scared. I would not be able to go through a positive result on my own. im not strong enough. im just not.
  • Options
    Well, pragmatically, the longer you wait to find out, the fewer your options are in dealing with a possible pregnancy. How about you get the test, and take it in chat on Sunday night? We'll all be there to support you, if it's negative great, if it's positive you've got live chat to advise you on what your options are next.

I'll be modding that one
  • Options
    im feeling scarily low, im thinking things I don't want to think tonite.....
  • Options
    Do you think you need to speak to someone?
  • Options
    like who? I cant talk to any of my family about this, and my initial assessment with a counsellor is not til 22nd feb...:(
  • Options
    There are all kinds of crisis lines you can call anonymously Childline is 0800 1111 and The Samaritans are 08457 909090
  • Options
    I have called the Samaritans in the past and found it helpful :) however, I couldn't ring them tonite bc my family is home. im scared to tell anyone, such as friends, even though I am dying for someone to support me in this.
  • Options
    Well, we're all here as much as we can be. What did you think of my suggestion of taking the test during chat on Sunday night?
  • Options
    ideally it needs to be taken in the morning... I could test tomorrow but im supposed to be having a nice evening on Saturday and I wouldn't be able to deal with it if it was positive. I know waitings a reaaaallly bad idea, buut ...:/
    should I ask a mate to come with me?
  • Options
    Asking a mate to go with you sounds like a great idea.
  • Options
    im scared. I have no motivation/desire to do things like revise, Ive sat at this computer for 5 hours straight, looking up pregnancy scare stuff, hardly moving from this spot. Im stuck in a monotony of facebook,twitter, pregnancy scares, facebook, twitter... I should be doing homework, revising, but I just haven't. im getting worried this is more than an anxiety problem, im starting to feel maybe its depression? and that scares me, no one will want me if im like this. :'(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    feeling depressed again this evening. anyone there to talk?

Hello Maddley,

Sorry to hear you are feeling depressed again *hug*'s - Would you like to talk a bit about what's been going on for you?
  • Options
    Since the contact was extremely limited, external, no ejaculation, you took EC and have since had a period I would say the chance of pregnancy is zero. Hope you're ok.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Since the contact was extremely limited, external, no ejaculation, you took EC and have since had a period I would say the chance of pregnancy is zero. Hope you're ok.

Yeah i was going to say this. I think you're making mountains out of mole hills.
  • Options
    i know its a case of mountains out of mole hills :P but once my mind starts to wonder, it doesn't stop :(
  • Options
    You have a better chance of winning the lottery, being struck by lightening and then winning the lottery again than being pregnant in this instance. x