Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i autistic?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teagan wrote: »
    Then you do understand truths of life. There are more but you find these for yourself as you experience life but I think these are good ones to understand and get on with. :)

I don't think they come with experience.
  • Options
    How do you know that if you say you dont understand them?
  • Options
    kira wrote: »

They do. You said that now you understand that 'people are diverse.'

Well if you treated someone one way, and then treated somebody else in the same manner, you would find out that it is likely that they do not both like being treated in the same way. From this experience you would have learnt that people are different and diverse.
  • Options

You didn't even know the truths that I laid out above so how would you know whether you get them from experience or not.

Anyhow, I think this thread has gone far enough as far as I am concerned. You choose to ignore the advice of people on here and seem to delight in taking this topic around in circles. I feel you understand life far better than you pretend to make out, but perhaps you just delight in the attention.

Right. I'm off to get on with my life. I'll leave the other posters on this topic to 'entertain' you, if they choose to.
  • Options
    Kira appears to be aware that he often contradicts himself, and is in fact very aware of it. Its a shame as im begining to think this is such a wind up.
  • Options
    I think it's fair if people feel a thread isn't something they want to contribute to and if they want to say why they feel that way. However I think it'd be best if after saying that you should step away from a discussion after saying your peace.

It's really clear here that problems with social settings apply just as much online as they do offline - if you feel wound up by someone's problems then once you've made that clear I'd suggest not posting and removing the subscription to the thread in question.

I would say though, it's frustrating when someone posts a thread saying they have problems having conversations and understanding expressions and then they get accused of winding people up because... well, because they don't seem to understand a lot of what people are saying and are having problems expressing themselves in the conversation.

Anyway, the main point is, if a poster is someone you're having problems interacting with then the best thing is to recognise that and accept it and move on.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    How do you know that if you say you dont understand them?

Because everybody has them by default.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    They do. You said that now you understand that 'people are diverse.'

Well if you treated someone one way, and then treated somebody else in the same manner, you would find out that it is likely that they do not both like being treated in the same way. From this experience you would have learnt that people are different and diverse.

No they don't. They come by default.
  • Options
    Kira appears to be aware that he often contradicts himself, and is in fact very aware of it. Its a shame as im begining to think this is such a wind up.

most people are so.
  • Options

They don't come by default. To put it simply, you're wrong.
  • Options

He has been told that time and again.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    I think it's fair if people feel a thread isn't something they want to contribute to and if they want to say why they feel that way. However I think it'd be best if after saying that you should step away from a discussion after saying your peace.

It's really clear here that problems with social settings apply just as much online as they do offline - if you feel wound up by someone's problems then once you've made that clear I'd suggest not posting and removing the subscription to the thread in question.

I would say though, it's frustrating when someone posts a thread saying they have problems having conversations and understanding expressions and then they get accused of winding people up because... well, because they don't seem to understand a lot of what people are saying and are having problems expressing themselves in the conversation.

Anyway, the main point is, if a poster is someone you're having problems interacting with then the best thing is to recognise that and accept it and move on.

Jim, as much as I'm not one to dispute with such a great man as yourself, but as your post may well have been aimed at me, it is evident that :

a) he has NO issues making himself understand, or be understood, in the nuances of P&D

b) he claims not to understand emotions but every time we give him some advice, he either ignores it, dismisses it or refuses to believe it. For someone 'seeking' help on emotions etc, he seems to have pretty rigid ideas himself - so what's the point of him asking the questions?

c) he has contradicted himself continually.

WTF??? If he didn't understand emotions then he would gladly seek to understand and take our advice - but he doesn't and he won't. I would imagine our Suzy has better first hand experience on autism than anyone else on here and yet even she is going around in circles with him.

This will definitely be my last post on this topic, I promise, but he is far more self-aware than he lets himself on to be.

I know TheSite's stance would be to give him the benefit of the doubt but my personal view? I spy with my little eye, something beginning with 'T' ... yet people still keep feeding him in spite of getting nowhere.

Ok. That's it. I promise.

ani-zip.gif
  • Options
    I think we'd have to agree to disagree man, the truth is that autism or an ASD is incredibly complicated because it does often show itself in contradictory and difficult methods of expression and understanding. An insight into a problem doesn't necessarily resolve or change those difficulties.

A person could be a troll but on the other hand they could be entirely honest. I more than understand your frustration but really this isn't someone doing something offensive and could easily be a poster who has issues expressing themselves.

But again, I understand where you're coming from, it's just not definately true and if it wasn't...
  • Options

I don't believe that. i think these are things everybody picks up.
  • Options
    Exactly, picks up.

People don't just know things. They learn them from their environment and their experiences and their interactions with others.
  • Options

Once again
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Exactly, picks up.

People don't just know things. They learn them from their environment and their experiences and their interactions with others.

I still don't believe that.
  • Options

See the contradiction?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Jim, as much as I'm not one to dispute with such a great man as yourself, but as your post may well have been aimed at me, it is evident that :

a) he has NO issues making himself understand, or be understood, in the nuances of P&D

b) he claims not to understand emotions but every time we give him some advice, he either ignores it, dismisses it or refuses to believe it. For someone 'seeking' help on emotions etc, he seems to have pretty rigid ideas himself - so what's the point of him asking the questions?

c) he has contradicted himself continually.

WTF??? If he didn't understand emotions then he would gladly seek to understand and take our advice - but he doesn't and he won't. I would imagine our Suzy has better first hand experience on autism than anyone else on here and yet even she is going around in circles with him.

This will definitely be my last post on this topic, I promise, but he is far more self-aware than he lets himself on to be.

I know TheSite's stance would be to give him the benefit of the doubt but my personal view? I spy with my little eye, something beginning with 'T' ... yet people still keep feeding him in spite of getting nowhere.

Ok. That's it. I promise.

ani-zip.gif

In response to point A, i like to be apprised of this.

Point B, I know that people pick up things by default. Everybody else in this thread did.

Point C, most persons are like that. Everybody else is in real life.
  • Options
    Even if most people were contradictory, they wouldnt be all the time, and why do you have to be like that?
  • Options
    Point B, I know that people pick up things by default. Everybody else in this thread did.

It's called life experience.
  • Options
    I don't think Kira's reactions to our postings are typical and so I do believe Kira has an issue with communication. Whether it's autism or not, is not for me to say but, just the fact that other people are so annoyed by the interaction makes me think that Kira could benefit from some help with communication.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    It's called life experience.

No it's not. It's by default.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I don't think Kira's reactions to our postings are typical and so I do believe Kira has an issue with communication. Whether it's autism or not, is not for me to say but, just the fact that other people are so annoyed by the interaction makes me think that Kira could benefit from some help with communication.

Yes, since I know you're not telling the truth.

You're trying to deny me from the knowledge of life that everybody has by default. Who are you to do this? Are you thinking right?
  • Options
    Even if most people were contradictory, they wouldnt be all the time, and why do you have to be like that?

You said that people were diverse. well, this is an example, no?

And everybody does have life knowledge by default. It's my right to have it too.
  • Options
    You said that people were diverse. well, this is an example, no?

And everybody does have life knowledge by default. It's my right to have it too.

You are born with a blank canvas, you have to learn everything.
  • Options
    You are born with a blank canvas, you have to learn everything.

That's not true. Stop obfuscating the truth. Who are you, and what the heck did I do to you? lol...

You seem to think you can dictate to me, we are on an equal keel. Note I have not dictated to you. This is typical youth behaviour, you expect everybody to initially ingratiate themselves to you. Respect is earned, not given away.

You are trying to deny me from being have the same knowledge of life, and why? What do you have to gain from doing so?
  • Options
    Im not denying you from having anything, im telling you that you have to learn things you dont automatically know them. Proven by the fact that YOU say you dont have these facts, and therefore you need to learn them.
  • Options
    I still don't believe you.

But I don't want to discuss this tonight. I'm tired, it's been a long day.
  • Options
    Yes, since I know you're not telling the truth.

You're trying to deny me from the knowledge of life that everybody has by default. Who are you to do this? Are you thinking right?

Proving my point that you need help with communication. Do you give similar reactions to people in real life?
This discussion has been closed.