Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bnp.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kaff wrote: »
    Maybe we should do swaps? We can take in economic migrants who want to work hard and pay their taxes, and then deport all the workshy layabouts who sit at home draining resources, popping out kids and never putting a penny back into the system?
    lyric wrote:
    But why should our country fork out for workshy layabouts? No other country is stupid enough to.

Works both ways (sorry its an old point but still a faily relevant one i'd say)
  • Options
    Works both ways (sorry its an old point but still a faily relevant one i'd say)

It would if it weren't largely misinformed generalisation.

The process isn't as simple as immigrants being entitled to unlimited benefits the minute they set foot on British soil. They are limited as to what they can apply for, and often their entitlements are linked to contributions, or they are only eligible YEARS after being granted leave to remain here.

EU migrants are entitled to more, but on the other side of the coin, as EU citizens, WE would be entitled to the same benefits in their countries.

Illegal immigrants do not have national insurance numbers and as such are not entitled to any benefits at all. And asylum seekers are a different kettle of fish altogether, as they are not allowed to work while their application is being processed.

The use of the word 'immigrant' as synonymous with 'sponger' really gets my goat, as in my experience, the vast majority of the reprehensible human beings in our country are British, born and bred, and it is usually these, the ones shouting the loudest about all the filthy immigrants taking 'our' money that are themselves taking the most from our communal pot.
  • Options
    The use of the word 'immigrant' as synonymous with 'sponger' really gets my goat, as in my experience, the vast majority of the reprehensible human beings in our country are British, born and bred, and it is usually these, the ones shouting the loudest about all the filthy immigrants taking 'our' money that are themselves taking the most from our communal pot.

:yes:
  • Options
    Goldsword wrote: »
    I say no more immigrants! At least until the UK population has fallen by a few million.

You know, you are welcome to be one of those leaving. No-one forces you to stay here...
  • Options

POTW
  • Options
    It would if it weren't largely misinformed generalisation.

The process isn't as simple as immigrants being entitled to unlimited benefits the minute they set foot on British soil. They are limited as to what they can apply for, and often their entitlements are linked to contributions, or they are only eligible YEARS after being granted leave to remain here.

EU migrants are entitled to more, but on the other side of the coin, as EU citizens, WE would be entitled to the same benefits in their countries.

Illegal immigrants do not have national insurance numbers and as such are not entitled to any benefits at all. And asylum seekers are a different kettle of fish altogether, as they are not allowed to work while their application is being processed.

Doh! I was trying to show how stupid lyrics point was, by saying we're the only country that funds home grown work shy layabouts.

I know most people who come here work or cannot cause of refugee status, but I know that people who come here generally work a lot harder for their money than a lot of people who were born here do. And that we are one of the only countries in the world where people can choose not to work out of sheer laziness and still live a reasonabley comfortable life

Guess the point I was trying to make didnt come across as well as i'd hoped
  • Options
    Guess the point I was trying to make didnt come across as well as i'd hoped

My rant was generally inspired by the wording of the post of lyric's that you quoted - that wasn't all aimed at you!
  • Options
    I just wouldnt want people thinking I believed that bollocks so edited for clarity
  • Options
    Yes it is! We cannot absorb millions of people when we are only a small island with limited resources!

The UK population is now 62 million yet we are one of the smalled countries in the world in terms of area.

I say no more immigrants! At least until the UK population has fallen by a few million.

Limited resources how?

The government would not allow as much immigration if it didn't benefit the economy, or if we couldn't cope.
  • Options
    Doh! I was trying to show how stupid lyrics point was, by saying we're the only country that funds home grown work shy layabouts.

Are we though? I've got family in Australia who whine about their layabouts, I'm sure there are loads in the USA, and in Europe.

People seem to think laziness and a disinclination to work are purely British things, they're not.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Are we though? I've got family in Australia who whine about their layabouts, I'm sure there are loads in the USA, and in Europe.

People seem to think laziness and a disinclination to work are purely British things, they're not.

Strongly agree.

I find it odd that someone thinks this country is the only one with layabouts. I may be extrapolating too much here (or completely incorrectly), but I've noticed recently (IRL and on here) a lot of people in their rush to prove their liberal credentials, come out with some absolute nonsense.
  • Options
    We've been absorbing millions of people for centuries. And none of the immigration figures and calculations seem to be counting emigrants. In 1999, the net population increase due to immigration was 181,500.
    Your argument is totally stupid! When Britain started absorbing millions of people it was a remote almost uninhabited off shore island ripe for colonisation by the expanding peoples of Europe.

Now it is totally full up! We can take no more! It is pathetic liberal morons like you who support mass immigration that I blame for every racist attack and race riot! Because mass immigration and its result of causing mass unemployment and housing shortages etc feeds resentment amongst the native white population which then boils over into violence.

Only sensible strict immigration controls will prevent Enoch Powells prediction of rivers of blood in Britain from coming true! Enochs 1968 speech
  • Options
    lolwhut?

You call her perfectly reasonable and logical argument stupid, then come out with that bollocks?

People have been coming here for years and years, but then at the same time, people have been leaving as well. You seem to have ignored that part.
  • Options
    It is pathetic liberal morons like you

Man... ease up on the personal insults.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »

I agree, but I think they're definitely a symptom of western culture and/or the welfare state. And I don't think for a minute that it's the majority of people, either. I'd happily say most Brits are hard-working people with values and pride, and I totally appreciate how lucky I am to live in a country that will provide for me, should I need it to. But anyone who denies that there is a sector of society that totally fail to have any kind of social conscience or work ethic is either blind, lying, or very fortunate to live in an area with little or none of these kinds of people.

I'm also not saying for a second that ALL immigrants are lovely, hard working people. I'm sure there are a fair amount of shitbags and layabouts and criminals amongst them. But most come here because they want to build a better life for themselves, and that generally involves working hard, contributing to society, and assimilating to our general culture. That's why I support limited, controlled immigration and think that the BNP and its supporters should emigrate to somewhere far, far away.
  • Options
    Your argument is totally stupid! When Britain started absorbing millions of people it was a remote almost uninhabited off shore island ripe for colonisation by the expanding peoples of Europe.

Now it is totally full up! We can take no more! It is pathetic liberal morons like you who support mass immigration that I blame for every racist attack and race riot! Because mass immigration and its result of causing mass unemployment and housing shortages etc feeds resentment amongst the native white population which then boils over into violence.

Only sensible strict immigration controls will prevent Enoch Powells prediction of rivers of blood in Britain from coming true! Enochs 1968 speech

Woohoo - we've got us a crazy, an angry crazy ranter. chuckle bunnies
  • Options
    liberal

You use that label as an insult. I wear it with pride.

LOL

I'll bet you still go on about England winning the world cup too, don't you.

In case you haven't noticed that was a little while ago. So long, in fact, that even I wasn't born then. Funnily enough we seem to still be coping. It's only the right wing racists like you that seem to still have issues with immigration.
  • Options
    One thing annoying about BNP is how they are so patronising and demoralising to working class white people. It just encourages playing the victim card and making excuses to sit around and whinge.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    So why not then vote for UKIP or one of the independents who may also raise any concerns about immigration? Why vote for what is, essentially, a Nazi party? You don't just get the immigration question looked at by voting BNP, but you get a party where nearly every one of their leaders has had criminal charges brought against them including racism, violence etc. There are repugnant repercussions for voting for the BNP that extend far further than mere immigration. That's why you need to dig deeper into a party's manifesto than just concentrating on the froth.

I did read the manifesto before voting.
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »

I did read the manifesto before voting.

obviously not
  • Options
    But anyone who denies that there is a sector of society that totally fail to have any kind of social conscience or work ethic is either blind, lying, or very fortunate to live in an area with little or none of these kinds of people.

No you are totally wrong in saying many people do not want to work! For a start everyone who claims unemployment benefit has always had to be able to prove that they are actively seeking work when requested by DHSS staff by keeping a record of all jobs they apply for.

The DHSS call in all claiments regularly for restart interviews where they have to show evidence that they have applied for jobs.

It is simply not possible to stay on the dole and not look for work because failure to try hard enough to look for work results in suspension of unemployment benefit.

The problem is that many people cannot get work because they lack skills and previous work experience and unskilled jobs are thin on the ground with too many applicants chasing them.

The government has always tried to blame the unemployed for unemployment. And has brought out the 'unemployed are lazy argument' many times to try to shift the blame from themselves for failure to reduce unemployment.
  • Options
    A lot of people on the dole do want to work, but they're not happy to accept unfortunately the dregs of the jobs that are out there. But even at the lower ends the competition is fierce! For a teaching assistant job, my mum was up against someone with 10 years as a headteacher in a school in Poland. In theory to be economically efficient, my mum should travel to Poland and accept a lower wage there as she is lesser qualified. But it doesn't work because people will only be willing to geographically locate if they can earn MORE. That's why in places with a lot of money, you get a decent amount of unemployed because the unemployed don't want to move miles and miles for a job that earns them a pittance of what they COULD earn where they are.

I mean, who wants to go door to door dropping off magazines in Wales. Everyone wants a good job where they can earn enough to buy a nice car and a mortgage.

Unfortunately our economy just won't support that, there are a lot of jobs that just won't provide a very good standard of living, you will be forced to share a house with 3/4 other people, not in a good area, and have to use public transport.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    A lot of people on the dole do want to work, but they're not happy to accept unfortunately the dregs of the jobs that are out there.
    No you are still wrong! Everyone on the dole has to apply for ANY suitable job that pays the minimum wage!

The problem is that people can't even get the lowest jobs because there is so much competition for unskilled jobs! For example I recently read in the Evening Standard that 11,000 people applied for just 34 vacancies at a new shop that was opening on Oxford Street!
  • Options
    No you are still wrong! Everyone on the dole has to apply for ANY suitable job that pays the minimum wage!

The problem is that people can't even get the lowest jobs because there is so much competition for unskilled jobs! For example I recently read in the Evening Standard that 11,000 people applied for just 34 vacancies at a new shop that was opening on Oxford Street!

That's a lot of exclamation marks.
  • Options

No we don't. We have to apply for jobs that we have a chance of getting, you can refuse a job that is offered to you, just as long as you find other work elsewhere and apply. Your have discretion. It's not a "Apply for this job and this, otherwise you won't get anything from us, you have no say in what jobs you can and can't apply for!"
  • Options

Have you ever been on JSA? And do you read anything other than the Daily Mail and the Evening Standard? Most of your qualifying articles or statements seem to come from shit newspapers; doesn't really inspire much confidence in how your opinions have been shaped.

Just because the rules say you have to do something doesn't mean that people do it. Especially not when Jobcentreplus is stretched to bursting, understaffed and underfunded.
  • Options
    I have worked for recruitment for a major chain... When their store opened in White City, around 1000 people applied online for a vacancy.
    Especially not when Jobcentreplus is stretched to bursting, understaffed and underfunded.
    It will get worse.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Woohoo - we've got us a crazy, an angry crazy ranter. chuckle bunnies
    What is crazy about having tough immigration controls? One of the countries with the tightest immigration controls is Australia a country many times bigger than Britain and with far fewer people too.

If the BNP were so bad then nobody would vote for them. As it is people who are angry about this governments lax open door immigration policy are turning to the BNP out of frustration with mainstream parties.

Our present immigration controls are a joke!
  • Options
    What is crazy about having tough immigration controls? One of the countries with the tightest immigration controls is Australia a country many times bigger than Britain and with far fewer people too.

If the BNP were so bad then nobody would vote for them. As it is people who are angry about this governments lax open door immigration policy are turning to the BNP out of frustration with mainstream parties.

Our present immigration controls are a joke!

Is this why you've changed from being a rabid socialist to a racist then Steelgate?
  • Options
    If the BNP were so bad then nobody would vote for them.!

crazy person logic, I knew it, a real thesite ranting loon.