Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

virginity + blood (girls only)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so is it normal to bleed a LOT after having sex for the first time? I slept with my bf last night and today I'm bleeding v.heavily, as if it was a really heavy period. Is this natural to happen hours after having sex? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    erm i thought it was only a tiny little bit of blood to be honest, like a stain in the knickers brown thing( sorry for being graphic there!)

is there any slim coincidental chance that youve just come on your period? it could happen.
    see your doc in any case incase theres something really wrong.
  • Options
    I suppose everybody is different, i didn't bleed at all.

I'm sure it will soon stop, unless you are due on your period now or something.

Useless advice i know, sorry.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yeah it does sound like you have just come on, often i come on a bit earlier when i have sex
    my first time, i didnt bleed at all, so i wouldnt think you would have that much blood afterwards.
    if it carries on, or you feel very very sore inside, id go and get yourself checked out.
  • Options
    were you in much pain at the time?

and are you sure it's not your period?
  • Options
    well if it is my period its a few days early.

i was in a lot of pain aswell :(
  • Options
    hybrid wrote:
    well if it is my period its a few days early.

i was in a lot of pain aswell :(

If it is close to your period then it may have came early especially if it is very heavy, i don't think losing your virginity can cause that much blood.

I'm sure you should be able to tell the difference anyway, if it's blood from losing it then it would probably be like when you cut yourself whereas period blood, without being graphic it can someties be thicker at times if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    see that's what I was thinking but then my periods normally aren't very heavy nor thick (sorry about the graphic description) but whatever this thing is, is very heavy and thick, so could it just be the effect of both causing this? I'm definately going to the college nurse tomorrow but I just want some general knowledge of what the hell is going on.
  • Options
    hybrid wrote:
    see that's what I was thinking but then my periods normally aren't very heavy nor thick (sorry about the graphic description) but whatever this thing is, is very heavy and thick, so could it just be the effect of both causing this? I'm definately going to the college nurse tomorrow but I just want some general knowledge of what the hell is going on.

Well periods vary so maybe it's just this month that is different, never know. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about anyway, sex is a natural thing and if you took it slowly then i'm sure no damage as bad as to make you bleed heavily could have been caused.

It most likely just is a heavy period.
  • Options
    thanks, that's reassuring. much appreciated
  • Options
    Hiya hybrid

Just to try and reassure you somewhat - this happened to me. I lost my virginity to my boyfriend, and started to bleed really heavily a while after I'd got home, and it turned out to be my period a few days earlier than expected. I didn't bleed whilst we had sex or straight away after, but it came on just like yours did.

If you're unsure then of course see the nurse, just to be safe.

Hope everything works out ok and take care
    Love cavey
    xx
  • Options
    If it's only a few days early then it's probably mainly your period, don't worry! And as for being graphic, don't worry about that. You get far more blunt descriptions on here than that!

xx