Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bnp.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have always been for strong immigration controls and people who support strong immigration controls are not racist!

Immigrants are from all races the biggest immigrant group in Britain now are from eastern Europe and are white!

Why should we allow mass immigration into this country? It is total madness! :mad:
  • Options
    Goldsword wrote: »
    I have always been for strong immigration controls and people who support strong immigration controls are not racist!

Immigrants are from all races the biggest immigrant group in Britain now are from eastern Europe and are white!

Why should we allow mass immigration into this country? It is total madness! :mad:

Why is it total madness then?
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Why is it total madness then?
    Because this country cannot accomadate millions more people! That is why! We already an overcrowded island with far too many people for our land area!

There are simply not enough jobs and homes to go round already that is why we need to halt all immigration immediatly until this country's population starts to decline.
  • Options
    Because this country cannot accomadate millions more people! That is why! We already an overcrowded island with far too many people for our land area!

There are simply not enough jobs and homes to go round already that is why we need to halt all immigration immediatly until this country's population starts to decline.

Do you have hard evidence to back this up?
  • Options
    What is Christianity's stance on immigration?
  • Options
    “When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.” -Leviticus 19.33-25
  • Options
    ding - bonus point to grace!
  • Options
    “When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.” -Leviticus 19.33-25

What has Leviticus got to do with Christianity ?
  • Options
    what do you think?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    what do you think?

Next to nothing.

Unless the particular faction has it as part of their corporate charter.
  • Options
    Didn't Jesus directly refer to Leviticus? How is it not relevant?
  • Options
    Unless the particular faction has it as part of their corporate charter.

It's in the manifesto.
  • Options
    What has Leviticus got to do with Christianity ?

I'm confused. Why wouldn't it have something to do with Christianity?
  • Options

Feel free to start alleviating the problem by fucking off.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Didn't Jesus directly refer to Leviticus? How is it not relevant?

If either of you get an answer that comes anywhere near to being straight, I'll eat my hat.
    Aladdin wrote:

:D
  • Options
    If either of you get an answer that comes anywhere near to being straight, I'll eat my hat.
    Many Christians, however, feel that certain moral aspects of the law still apply, such as the sexual morals of Chapter 18. Other groups such as the Seventh-day Adventist Church still attempt to follow some aspects of the dietary code of chapter 11.

It would be a shame if Leviticus wasn't relevant to Christianity, as I used several quotes from it in my Christian perspectives exam.
  • Options
    It would be a shame if Leviticus wasn't relevant to Christianity, as I used several quotes from it in my Christian perspectives exam.

More to the point, it forms a part of the teachings set out in God's manifesto (a.k.a. The Bible)...
  • Options
    I've probably been a bit vague, but I was referring to getting a straight answer from GoS. :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Says he with the oh so trendy, I am so right on, "boycott Israeli goods slogan" on his posts! I have never seen anyone with a "boycott Australian goods" slogan yet Australias' persecution of the native aboriginal population makes Israel's treatment of the Palestinians look like nothing and to their credit the aborigines never used terrorism against Australia.

The very fact that you have that slogan shows how ignorant and niave you are. ;)
  • Options
    As I said...
  • Options
    Bigots 'r' us?
  • Options
    Christ is this thread still going? What is it about Lyric's threads that stimulate such a terrific guffstorm every single time?
  • Options
    Christ is this thread still going? What is it about Lyric's threads that stimulate such a terrific guffstorm every single time?

To be fair, Lyric hasn't posted in it for a while, and it's really just Goldsword now...
  • Options
    Didn't Jesus directly refer to Leviticus?

That is my point.
    How is it not relevant?

Because evidently self proclaimed/practising Christians do not.

Minor lip service at best.

Leviticus contains many statutes.
  • Options

Because evidently self proclaimed/practising Christians do not.

Many don't, but then again many do...
  • Options

I refer you to my reply to Katralla.

Furthermore,as you appear to be a theology student (rather than a legal scholar) perhaps a perusal at the following will aid (and abet):

Luke 6:46

Matthew 7:21-23

John 2:3-4

Mark 7:6-7
  • Options

If you would be so kind as to give me your definition of a straight answer, I could decide whether to set the table for dinner.
  • Options
    I think it's overly difficult to follow many of the rules set out in Leviticus, which include things like not playing football, although I've played football with the local vicar.

The 'Golden Rule' however, treat others as you wish to be treated, which is really the basis of Christianity, is followed consistently, and the quote I used earlier falls under that. If you are an immigrant in a foreign country, you would wish to be accepted by other people and the law, like in the bit that goes 'love the alien as yourself.' Which basically is the golden rule.