Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My rant of the day:

Want pizza with flatmate. Shouldn't have cos had McDs and a bit of BK last night and supposed to be losing weight.

Part II: Can't stop over-analysing whether this thing I have on Thursday with this guy is a kind of date or not - and do I ask him if it is? How annoying.
  • Options
    My rant of the day:

Want pizza with flatmate. Shouldn't have cos had McDs and a bit of BK last night and supposed to be losing weight.

Part II: Can't stop over-analysing whether this thing I have on Thursday with this guy is a kind of date or not - and do I ask him if it is? How annoying.

We don't have this "date" thing here. You go out with someone/meet someone, but there is no official outspoken difference. And it makes it just easier imho. A good "hanging out" is better than a crappy "date", just make the best out of it, get him drunk and bone him.

Anyway: About my situation. Yes, that's what I suppose too. I am actually not hurt at all, I was just a bit cynical/pessimistic in the post. Which might be a good or a bad thing. Good, because I can easily let go, if it doesn't work out, bad, because it was recently always easy for me to let go, which might mean that I just don't give a damn anymore, which prevents me from really going into a relationship with someone.

I don't know. We'll see.
  • Options
    she sounds insecure.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

she, "the problem is i am pretty unsure of a lot of things at the moment."

"what do you mean?"

"What I want, how I reach it, and how I handle the problems I have."

this is what makes me think she's insecure.
  • Options
    I shaved and got ready to leave for work, not wanting to go in. Just as I was leaving I get a call asking me if I wanted to come in or not. I want my beard back for tonight :(
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    she sounds insecure.

well, yea. The German word I was translating into "unsure" can mean insecure as well, according to the dictionary :p

But how will a boyfriend be obstructive to her goals or the solution to her problems?

I have a slight suspicion that she's insecure, because she hardly ever was in the situation she's now in, and is a bit afraid that things might change out of the daily routine of just working your ass off and chilling with a few episodes of a series on the computer in the evenings.

Like some people are afraid of moving out or planning a huge holiday and going to a foreign country by themselves.

And she's just shields herself with the 'problems' she has so she doesn't have to bother with it. Which is, very detrimental in it's own way, because then - even if she likes me back - a relationship would not really be possible/healthy.

yikes, I guess there is just one way to find out.
  • Options
    Well, you don't know what her problems are do you? And she hasn't tried to tell you so, I'm guessing they're private and the kind of things that would make someone worry about whether they were at the right time in their life or able to have a boyfriend, or she wouldn't have mentioned them.
  • Options
    probably

then again she said she wouldn't be unhappy if a situation occurs.
  • Options
    You could try to find out, or just let her know that you don't mind if she has problems, as you aren't looking for someone perfect. And, that you're not perfect yourself.

I liked your answer that being in a relationship ought to not to be a burden. Maybe if she's worried about things, being able to open up to you about them will mean that you two are in a place where you like and trust each other enough to have a go at a relationship.

But then, maybe the first thing you should do is coax her into doing something fun with you. And then give her some reassurance afterwards that you're not expecting her to be perfect.
  • Options
    Yes, I guess that's it. But then again I will just let this all approach me since telediagnoses and construing her words won't help here. The chat is just 2 days ago and I haven't met her since then.

I will let you know how it panned out.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    We don't have this "date" thing here. You go out with someone/meet someone, but there is no official outspoken difference. And it makes it just easier imho. A good "hanging out" is better than a crappy "date", just make the best out of it, get him drunk and bone him.

Yeah, we don't really 'date' here either, so thanks, for kinda putting it simply for me. A good hanging out with no expectations.
    I will feel different again tomorrow ;)
    Anyway: About my situation. Yes, that's what I suppose too. I am actually not hurt at all, I was just a bit cynical/pessimistic in the post. Which might be a good or a bad thing. Good, because I can easily let go, if it doesn't work out, bad, because it was recently always easy for me to let go, which might mean that I just don't give a damn anymore, which prevents me from really going into a relationship with someone.

I don't know. We'll see.

All I can say is don't bend over backwards for her, lay down your thoughts fully and if she doesn't want to try anything then don't weep over nothing lost IMO.
  • Options

All I can say is don't bend over backwards for her, lay down your thoughts fully and if she doesn't want to try anything then don't weep over nothing lost IMO.

Yes, that's what I was planning to do.
  • Options
    I found out yesterday that the guy I was seeing for 7 months has gone at got with someone else 2 weeks later....and bragged about it on fb. What a slap in the face. :(
  • Options
    BLOCK him, now.
  • Options
    I'm cold and there's no heater in my room. :(
  • Options
    One of my friends just accidentally told my mum another of my friends is on drugs!! :banghead:
    Xx
  • Options
    oops. are you now 'banned' from seeing them?
  • Options
    oops. are you now 'banned' from seeing them?

:no: I sort of covered it up... my friend goes "Is it true he grows weed and has taken heroin?" and it is true... and my mum goes "WHAT?" and I went "Oh, people think he is on drugs... but he isn't..." Woops.
    Xx
  • Options
    Is he a bad influence on you, or can you be friends with him and not get taken down the same path?
  • Options
    Is he a bad influence on you, or can you be friends with him and not get taken down the same path?

He goes to my school, I've known him for ages! Love him! He is an utter legend, so I'm still going to see him 5 days a week anyway even if it's not out of school.
    He is such a nice lad, and he isn't a bad influence at all.
    Xx
  • Options
    Everyone making decisions for me, thinking they know what's best for me. I've pretty much been told to either go to uni full-time or go part-time and get a job. How on earth I'm meant to do that with failing eyesight and shitty mental health, I don't know.

Meanwhile, my brother can get away with doing nothing all day.
  • Options
    My Virgin modem popped its cloggs which meant not internet access last week, and now my 21" TFT monitor has also gone. £400 new, and now just outside warranty. Bastaaaaaaaaard!
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    And really, why do I bother? I'm working 10 weeks solid, 12 hours a night to pay for a house, then any prat can get a council house in a new development miles beyond my budget. WTF is wrong with this country?

It's not that simple - a friend of mine has been waiting months to get rehoused. When it was time to move, the house was damp. He then had to wait another 3 months before moving.
  • Options
    this country is bloody freezing.

i was in 42 degree weather yesterday.

today i'm in 9. booooo. coldcoldcold :(
  • Options
    I have the worse luck with boys and mess everything up....:crying:
    I think I might have to either become a lesbian and hope I have better luck with women or become celibate....
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I have the worse luck with boys and mess everything up....:crying:
    I think I might have to either become a lesbian and hope I have better luck with women or become celibate....

I hear ya :( You seem lovely though, I'll go out with you if you like?
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I hear ya :( You seem lovely though, I'll go out with you if you like?

Ohh, I am very tempted by that offer :flirt: ;)

I have come to the conclusion that boys officially suck :yes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Ohh, I am very tempted by that offer :flirt: ;)

I have come to the conclusion that boys officially suck :yes: :rolleyes:

Ace ;)

Not all boys suck though...just thought I'd point that out before we get TheSite's male contingent up in arms :D
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Ace ;)

Not all boys suck though...just thought I'd point that out before we get TheSite's male contingent up in arms :D

Haha, oh gosh yes, apart from all the boys on Thesite who certainly do not suck :yes: ;)
  • Options
    Piecesofme - I share your woes. Single since 1996 here, and effectively given up.