Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    psh!

i nuked a croissant in the microwave today. who would have thought 1 min is a bit too much? whoops
  • Options
    I have teeth coming through on both sides. :(
  • Options
    psh!

i nuked a croissant in the microwave today. who would have thought 1 min is a bit too much? whoops

Haha, I nuked a steel plate today with liquid nitrogen :p It was an accident (it was the casing of a cutting mill at work). It made a lout crack and there was a 1mm fissure in it, which is nearly invisible now, after the casing expanded again ^^
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Oh god, how do you manage to cope? I probably called in sick and crawled under the blankets and cry.

Ha!

As the topic title implies, we are allowed to rant here :-) I was just puzzled that 2 eggs did it in a row. The other 4 were boiled, so I can't comment on those :-P
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    playing with radioactive substances? :shocking:

Kinda. They emit radiation too, but are way more awesome ;)

They are fluorescing :p

OLEDs, the electric lighting of the future ^.^

Mainly we were just drinking beer and having a blast tho.
    1.jpg 602.7K
    2.jpg 402K
  • Options
    Kinda. They emit radiation too, but are way more awesome ;)

They are fluorescing :p

OLEDs, the electric lighting of the future ^.^

Mainly we were just drinking beer and having a blast tho.

That second one looks like someone has just given a glow in the dark urine sample.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    That second one looks like someone has just given a glow in the dark urine sample.

the second one is the first one, just under UV light, but yes ;) blood and sperm does fluoresce by this wavelength (I think 230nm) too.
  • Options
    Ha, I knew it ;)
  • Options
    I had sex for the first time in a three months and woke up to a back almost in spasm :( still had to go into uni to hand in the assignment :(
  • Options
    Thursday and Friday is off. Mahoosive weekend, and I am right about now getting started to go to a wicked party :hyper:

Today's gonna be so awexome.

From the happy thread.

Night was epic fail. Spend a fortune on pregaming alcohol just to find all participants be lazy and not in going out mood at all. Went off with a nice buzz and the fail began. First it was some weird parish party. I mean I am not fussy about girls at all when drunk but I never saw so many ugly girls. Music was lame, guys were goofs. Ok, on to the destined party. 5 kilometer queue. After 1 or 1,5h we decided to fuck it and go elsewhere. My pregaming buzz slowly goes over to a pregaming hangover. I have a snack at happy noodles and add spoonwise this red thick sauce. Which incidentally was napalm. My mouth burnt like hell, but I was to proud to throw it away. Friends scattered and I fell asleep in some bar.

terrible hungover and tummy ache now. Fuck, Monserrat was right. The day was doomed and the fried eggs knew it all beforehand.
  • Options
    Aw, strubbs, that's terrible. I hate it when people aren't in the same mood you're in!
  • Options
    Yes, it was almost like in one of these slapstick movies were everything goes wrong. I should check if I have my cell and my wallet, because I wouldn't be surprised at all if I lost them, or if I had a black eye. Would all fit the theme of the evening.
  • Options
    24weey1.jpg

Ok, so I finally got over the fact that girl of interest doesn't like me in that way. Never contacted me, and finally said, "I am not sure if I'm ready for an relationship yet." which was enough for me to get the hint.

And now she is texting me, that she goes to certain bar and asks me if I'd like to come.

Oh great, no rest for the wicked.
  • Options
    Today was going to be hardcore revision day. I am currently lying doubled up in bed because of my stupid fucking anti-depressants that I didn't even fucking want. If I fail this stupid exam...eugh.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Today was going to be hardcore revision day. I am currently lying doubled up in bed because of my stupid fucking anti-depressants that I didn't even fucking want. If I fail this stupid exam...eugh.

i meant to ask, you wanna do the walk of doom upto campus together? gonna leave at about half 8.
  • Options
    Stomach ache :(
  • Options
    i meant to ask, you wanna do the walk of doom upto campus together? gonna leave at about half 8.
    Well, I need you to show me where Cornwallis is so yes :p. Was going to leave about then anyway so I could grab some pens (realised today I need more...) and some water and something to eat.
  • Options
    I didnt realise you were in cornwallis! cool. see you early. eep
  • Options
    I'm getting extra time because of my shitty wrist :yes:
  • Options
    Couples constantly declaring their sickeningly sweet love for each other over fb. It's the kind of thing we did when we were 16, not in our 20s. :yuck:
    And I have an exam on tuesday which I've done hardly any revision for :(
  • Options
    Spilt coco pops over my nice white summery trousers this morning :(
  • Options
    Ok, news from planet strubbles.

So I met up with girl of interest and a (female) friend of her yesterday evening. So far the evening was nice, and since she contacted me, for the first time, asking me to go out, I was happy, that she thought things over.

Anyway to cut the story a bit, I was having half the evening my hand on her inner thigh, or in her hand and when her friend was on the toilet, I kissed her and we briefly made out. I then said, (not in the seriousness this will probably now sound like), "Give me a good reason why we shouldn't be together." and she was a bit embarrassed I guess, looking at the table, smiling and replying, "I... don't know."

So at 4:30 in the fucking morning (she has to get up before 7 for work) we leave in different directions and her friend and me were walking the same direction and I was telling her that I have a crush on girl and I simply don't know what else to do, so it finally happens. Apparently the girl associates relationship with constraint/prison and I now have to relay to her that it's not gonna be like that. Her friend asked, "why aren't you content with what you have with her now?" and I said, well, I don't have the guarantee that there won't be any other men. To which she said, "There are no other men." I said to that, "Well, this is fine, but when we are not exclusive she basically has the right to have other men besides me, and I can't do that."

On one hand it's great, because I want my relationships a bit looser, because my first relationship broke apart, because my gf was calling twice a day to talk my ears full of the most inane stuff and she was always complaining why I didn't call her. Girl's friend said that she is not like that, calling daily etc., so I am trying to find a balance between open relationship and exclusive relationship with lots of duties and try to communicate to my girl that it's gonna be awesome for the both of us.

So far it's really a marathon, but I'm not willing to give up so close to the goal.

Expectation-o-meter: 100%
    possible-disappointment-o-meter: Going through the roof.
  • Options
    i sat an exam this morning with major stuffed nose related brain fog, not sure how well i've done and feel rough
  • Options
    I think that's possible progress Strubbs!

Was stood up tonight. Am really ... well was fuming. Now feeling quite shit.

I just kinda KNEW from the beginning - even though it was paranoia, that he wasn't going to show. It really, really sucks. I hate people. Why do they put others through misery of hope?
  • Options
    had an exam this morning that i revised really hard for but i dont think i done so great....ran out of time so had to rush through a shitty conclusion. disappointed :(
  • Options
  • Options
    I got weighed at my local hospital today. I have put on a stone in the last 8 months.
  • Options
    empathy hugs for strubs *HUG*

I think I'm getting tonsillitis. This will be the third time since February. bring on the not being able to eat, drink, swallow or smoke for the next few weeks. WOOOO!
  • Options
    So, what would you guys do in my spot?

Sometime before yesterday I chatted with her talking about the relationship, and she said, that she's not sure if she wants one right now, to which I said, "ok, I just wanted to know that. Now I know that I don't need to try anymore.", which kinda was the official resignation of pursuing this.

But then she contacted me. Should I show a more doubtful/uninterested side, to have her coming to me? I am afraid that I scare her away, by acting too relationshippy already. I don't really know how to proceed, I feel like I'm on a narrow rope here and I need to play my cards wisely to make it.
  • Options
    i think this girl is all about the chase :yuck: