Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just spent an hour and a half in a&e because I found a lump on my bad wrist, only to be told that it has nothing to do with the pain and they won't do anything about it.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I have worked the last two summers on a large farm shop , i phoned a week or so ago to ask if there was work this year and was told yes no problem everyone will be taken on again this year , i sent an email to the owner explaining my personal circumstances and saying i was really looking forward to the summer.
    This morning i got a phone call from his wife (i guess he did'nt have the balls to call me ) saying that sorry but they would not be needing me after all , despite the fact that i know of two new people being taken on over the summer break.
    Not sure if i am being discriminated against and i am not going to make a fuss but feel pretty upset and pissed off :impissed: not to mention poor just when i need the cash.

bastards! If you think it's to do with your trans status then, if you have the mental strength you could fight them on it. Although, these things are difficult to prove, sometimes it helps mentally to have the validation of someone like the CAB on your side to know that not only is it wrong, but that other people care about discrimination like that.

HUGS
  • Options
    I have no motivation, no money and I can't even dance coz my back has gone :( boredom here we come...
  • Options
    Franki - I have tried both Nytol and Night Nurse. The latter won hands down for me, keeping me asleep. Word of warning though - you must allow yourself 8 hours sleep while using Night Nurse. If you take it then set the alarm in, say, 6 hours time, then you'll end up worse than you were before due to grogginess.
  • Options
    I just realised I missed dinner, trip to tescos it is then.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    bastards! If you think it's to do with your trans status then, if you have the mental strength you could fight them on it. Although, these things are difficult to prove, sometimes it helps mentally to have the validation of someone like the CAB on your side to know that not only is it wrong, but that other people care about discrimination like that.

HUGS

Thanks for your hugs :)

I do feel that i am being discriminated against but at the same time i am aware that i could easily become paranoid at every knockback i get in life , i know i could fight it but that will just bring more attention on to my family in the local area and what would it acheieve its not as if i could go and work with them now.
    Sounds weak i know and thats not really like me but i am just looking for the path of least resistance i guess.
    Right now i just feel bloody angry !
  • Options
    I don't think that's weak - you need to weigh up the pros and cons and choose your battles. It does seems suspicious though, so you have my sympathies on the suspected discrimination.

Any directions for an alternative summer job?
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I just spent an hour and a half in a&e because I found a lump on my bad wrist, only to be told that it has nothing to do with the pain and they won't do anything about it.

*snuggle*
  • Options
    Some people just piss me off. AAHHH :banghead: I really CBA today, stupid family meal aswell... got to think of a lie about my hand too.
    Xx
  • Options
    I met a fantastic guy last night who I met in passing (okay, well I posed with him for a photo) back in Feb during a huge town party. So met him again last night, asked him to join us for pool cos he was alone. We got flirting, cuddling ... and a bit closer than cuddling. Then he tells me he's a 'no sex till marriage' kinda guy. DAMNIT! I really like this guy! We're going keep hanging out. "As friends" and I'll get heartbroken. But that's life.
  • Options
    I like the way you've stuck this story in both categories... I think this one might be the one though. Is he telling the truth, no sex before marriage? *scratches head*
  • Options
    I lent a friend £100 a month ago, says he pay me back on the 8th of may. See him on the 8th and he says "Oh, I'm having money problems, I'll pay you when I get paid." A week later, he rings me up asking to borrow more money. I said no and now hes ducking me.

Prick.
  • Options
    I like the way you've stuck this story in both categories... I think this one might be the one though. Is he telling the truth, no sex before marriage? *scratches head*

The one as in THE ONE?

Yeah, he's telling the truth. Religious reasons. I don't think I could hold out on sex for that long though!
  • Options
    I lent a friend £100 a month ago, says he pay me back on the 8th of may. See him on the 8th and he says "Oh, I'm having money problems, I'll pay you when I get paid." A week later, he rings me up asking to borrow more money. I said no and now hes ducking me.

Prick.

Hound them until you get it, even if it means getting little bits of them now and again, get it off them.

I also always found that when I get dribbles of money through off people, it tends to disappear. So put it aside till you get the whole amount.
  • Options
    The one as in THE ONE?

Yeah, he's telling the truth. Religious reasons. I don't think I could hold out on sex for that long though!

No, the one as in the right category. As great as he might be in other respects, he doesn't seem like the right kind of guy for you...
  • Options
    No, the one as in the right category. As great as he might be in other respects, he doesn't seem like the right kind of guy for you...

Hmm probably not, but I think he may be GOOD for me. I guess I'll have to see. I'm already fearing heartbreak!
  • Options
    I might be dyspraxic, on top of everything else :(
  • Options
    Fuck buddy etiquette! Shall i text him?? But he hasnt texted me at all!! I dont want to appear desperate or easy :( Stoopid men.
  • Options
    Aah, there was a daddy long legs in our room, so we threw a shoe at it. Now there's a body stuck to the wall, and legs everywhere. Do they have eight legs? That's far too many, I'm not going to be able to go near that area for ages. Aah, aah, this is horrible. I hate dead insects, especially daddylonglegs. I'm scared it's going to get near me, I need to brush my teeth but I can't get to my toothbrush. Oh God, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight :(
  • Options
    :d
  • Options
    It's a bit soon for daddy long legs (usually mid-September), but then again, I've seen midges already.
  • Options
    Strubbs, that's not funny, I don't think you understand how much I hate them, and they're the only animal that we get that I'm actually terrified of. Stan can go fricking kill himself in your bed.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Strubbs, that's not funny, I don't think you understand how much I hate them, and they're the only animal that we get that I'm actually terrified of. Stan can go fricking kill himself in your bed.

Haha, you are right. (his name was stuart btw.)

I have arachnophobia, so I share your sentiment. I once had to climb on a small cupboard and from this on our fireplace to get a telephone book so I could smash a spider that was in the hallway (between fireplace and cupboard) :p I just left the phonebook lying there, for a long time :p
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Haha, you are right. (his name was stuart btw.)

I have arachnophobia, so I share your sentiment. I once had to climb on a small cupboard and from this on our fireplace to get a telephone book so I could smash a spider that was in the hallway (between fireplace and cupboard) :p I just left the phonebook lying there, for a long time :p

Ok, since you've taken STUART away, he doesn't have to kill himself in your bed.
    I don't mind spiders, so long as they're kind of..meaty. (That sounds like I eat spiders....) It's just the thought of having legs near me, that I might inhale or touch or something :shocking:
  • Options
    I have teeth coming through on both sides. :(
  • Options
    Aah, there was a daddy long legs in our room, so we threw a shoe at it. Now there's a body stuck to the wall, and legs everywhere. Do they have eight legs? That's far too many, I'm not going to be able to go near that area for ages. Aah, aah, this is horrible. I hate dead insects, especially daddylonglegs. I'm scared it's going to get near me, I need to brush my teeth but I can't get to my toothbrush. Oh God, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight :(

You need to get a dog , my dogs go mad trying to catch daddy long legs but as soon as they fly low enough SNAP and they are gone , works with spiders to although they tend to just step on them for some reason
  • Options
    So, my mum gave me these "gradual tan" stuff... said it'd take 3/4 days until you can notice it... so I didn't bother putting it on very neatly because I thought "Oh you wont be able to see it" I now have loads of white patches. And loads of orange patches. Yeah, seriously a GRADUAL tan isn't it :(
    Xx
  • Options
    petty complaint, blah blah blah, I'm drunk, blah blah blah, continue my petty complaint, blah blah blah \rant.:grump:
  • Options
    It's just the thought of having legs near me, that I might inhale or touch or something :shocking:

Woke up this morning, went to brush my teeth. In the sink were about four pieces of black things that looked like legs. I started screaming but apparently it was my roomate who has black hair cutting her it in the sink :blush:
  • Options
    Ooooh god i HATE daddlylonglegs, i remember talking about them on thesite last year too!! it's winter for me now, but i haven't seen any, so i'm really hoping this is a daddylonglegs' free country! ick.