Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Melian wrote: »
    Take it as a compliment! A friend of mine is 31 and still gets ID'd for lottery tickets.

Snap. Same age - 31 here, except that it's for alcohol. I do my lottery online :-P
  • Options
    i get ID'd all the time because i look about 13. when i ID people at work they often laugh :yeees:
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    If people concentrated on their exam paper more they wouldnt notice the distractions ;)

It was a long and boring paper, I had time to notice them!! :)
  • Options
    I bought £700 worth of sparkling wine and champagne at customer services in Tesco, no problem.

Did however get refused one bottle of pimms through the ordinary checkout as had no ID.
  • Options
    only 2/3 of my courses last semester have handed me back my marks, i only got C's in the two ive got back (i was sure i'd done better) and the one that i've not got results for i was more worried about and was ill when i was sitting, so theres no way ive passed :(
  • Options
    Baby stole my haemoglobin :grump:
  • Options
    :'( Just found out there aren't even any post grad courses i can do in scotland to be able to do what i want to do. So my undergrad course is no good, and im going to have to move to either Hull of Manchester. I'm begining to think this registration thing is a scam to make people go to new unis haha
  • Options
    Dont know what to say to get out of going for a drink tonight with a guy friend
  • Options
    The sun's no fun if you've no-one to go out with :(
  • Options
    Everyones giving me shit for chucking my boyfriend. I CANT FUCKING HELP IT IF HE'S A TWAT.
    And I think ive just broken my knuckle from punching a wall :/
  • Options
    Everyones giving me shit for chucking my boyfriend. I CANT FUCKING HELP IT IF HE'S A TWAT.
    And I think ive just broken my knuckle from punching a wall :/

Just kindly remind them that its none of their business in the first place.
  • Options
    Tried that... but aparantly I'm going to get the shit beaten out of me. Time to call in some favours me thinks :)
    Xx
  • Options
    Tried that... but aparantly I'm going to get the shit beaten out of me. Time to call in some favours me thinks :)
    Xx

People like that always annoy me, why oh why do people feel the need to be cnuts towards other people to this degree, when its not them that was involved in the first place.
  • Options
    i hate people who lie and attention seek.

really annoys me!
  • Options
    i hate people who lie and attention seek.

really annoys me!

lol I was just about to post that! I don't understand why they need to, especially when it mucks around with other people.
  • Options
    £1 has just disappeared. I took some money out of my purse, then dropped a coin, and now it just isn't there. It's only a pound, but it's driving me crazy, because it can't just not be there like that!!
  • Options
    I've just woken up :( It's friday and i'm meant to be in work *sobs* it's this fucking seroquel, just knocked me out cold, and now i'm feeling spaced out and reaaaallllyyy slow. I just hope the side effects even out damn quick.
  • Options
    Apparently my body is incapable of sleeping without pills.

:(
  • Options
    My flatmate brought some guy back to the flat last night that smeared shit all over the bathroom, ive gotta get ready for work. And to be honest, im freaking out a little and im gonna have to clean everything outside of the bathroom just in case he was wandering about touching my stuff. Im actually nervous at the thought of leaving my room. :(
  • Options
    eh? He smeared shit around, actual shit?
  • Options
    Yup, all over the toilet walls. I still dont know if my flatmates cleaned it yet cause im at work
  • Options
    Pretty glad the bathroom and toilet are separate. And that the bathroom wasnt attacked haha. Had a wee meltdown getting ready for work and currently thinking I may never be able to use the toilet in the flat again
  • Options
    Yup, all over the toilet walls. I still dont know if my flatmates cleaned it yet cause im at work

:eek2:

There are some very strange people in the world.
  • Options

He needs his head looking into, regardless of him being drunk or sober.
  • Options
    That is awful, you poor thing. Dealing with someone else's poo in the morning. I hope it's gone when you get home and there's a massive apology waiting for you from your housemate.
  • Options
    Oh my dear lord, she actually wants to see that guy again :shocking: :yuck:
  • Options
    I confess I'm annoyed. Really annoyed. I was starting to get a bit hung up on this guy I thought I was seeing. Why? Cos he looked like Sheldon :( Am I not going to be able to look at Jim Parsons again and feel a little bit of pain cos I could have had my own Jim Parsons? Le sigh. I've been told this guy I thought I was seeing used to be a top bloke, is now trying his best to be a player. AWESOME. I sure know how to find the great guys [/sarcasm]

Time to move on.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Apparently my body is incapable of sleeping without pills.

:(

Have you tried things like Nytol?

Athiefawhoreandaliar - that's is really disgusting.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Have you tried things like Nytol?
    I have before. It got me to sleep but never kept me asleep, which is the other half of my problem. I slept alright last night though so maybe I'll see how it goes for now.
  • Options
    I have worked the last two summers on a large farm shop , i phoned a week or so ago to ask if there was work this year and was told yes no problem everyone will be taken on again this year , i sent an email to the owner explaining my personal circumstances and saying i was really looking forward to the summer.
    This morning i got a phone call from his wife (i guess he did'nt have the balls to call me ) saying that sorry but they would not be needing me after all , despite the fact that i know of two new people being taken on over the summer break.
    Not sure if i am being discriminated against and i am not going to make a fuss but feel pretty upset and pissed off :impissed: not to mention poor just when i need the cash.