Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    England sucked, people suck, relationships suck, life...makes me giggle :yes:
  • Options
    Further to your recent application for the above post, I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.

Hearing this all the time, if I actually hear anything back.
  • Options
    I am tidying my room, and i stepped over a large pile of books and stood on a plug. Resulting in a very sore foot and a lot of blood. :crying: ouchy!
  • Options
    Phone bill of my little sister. 300 Minutes over the free minutes (1000 free minutes) and 100 something SMS over the free text limit (1000 free texts) in a single month. Wondering what she does all day, since she sits in school until late afternoon. She pays (or more precise: Let's my parents pay) in one month what I pay in more than a year.

Generally, my parents are not in a outstanding financial situation to word it carefully. She milks my mother for money like you wouldn't believe it and my mum just can't say no. I am eating only the cheapest stuff available in the supermarket and pay most of my stuff myself with my measly paycheck from my temp job.

My father's punishment to her: three weeks without pocket money. Almost made me laugh. Not to mention that she gets about 3 to 4 times as much pocket money than me when I was her age. In those weeks she will just mooch a bit more off my mum.
  • Options
    I got my uni results this morning, which for me were good. Someone turns arund and said "oh, it's not as if you'll need them?" Piss on my parade, why don't you!
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I got my uni results this morning, which for me were good. Someone turns arund and said "oh, it's not as if you'll need them?" Piss on my parade, why don't you!

She's jealous :-)

Congrats on the degree Melian.
  • Options
    Bloody paperwork of life.
  • Options
    I am preparing myself for another round of 'I'm sorry, you're shit' emails from all the job applications I just sent in.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I am preparing myself for another round of 'I'm sorry, you're shit' emails from all the job applications I just sent in.

Ditto. Same shit, different week.
    Further to your recent application for the above post, I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Ditto. Same shit, different week.
    Yeeeep :(.

Although I did just apply to something which is actually relevant to my degree, AND something I'm actually interested in (copywriting job for The Body Shop) so I have everything crossed for myself right now :).
  • Options
    I wish you the best of luck Franki, especially with this being relevant. Please let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    Good luck Franki! Ive got everything crossed for you

My rant is i have this week off work but no one else does so im stuck in the flat playing COD alone til the weekend
  • Options
    Do you know the feeling when a friend is breaking bad news to you and you are just terribly upset and gloomy even tho the bad news are not related to you in any way?

Oh jeez. And nothing you can do to help :/
  • Options
    I dont know what to get my parents for their 25th wedding anniversary... my nans already taking us all out for dinner and all ive managed to find online is silver photo frames, wine glasses or plaques.... all generic and boring :(
  • Options
    I think I've made one of the biggest mistakes of my life... and not only that, but I've fucked up my relationship too. Akk I feel like crying.
  • Options
    The girl sitting in front of me in my exam today kept untying her hair, before then scraping it back into a bun. She did this about four times in the space of maybe three minutes, without writing anything inbetween. Another boy kept attempting to fit hi fist into his mouth. It was so distracting!!
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    The girl sitting in front of me in my exam today kept untying her hair, before then scraping it back into a bun. She did this about four times in the space of maybe three minutes, without writing anything inbetween. Another boy kept attempting to fit hi fist into his mouth. It was so distracting!!

LOL! :eek:

Did you consider grabbing the girl's hair and yanking it? :D As for the boy, well I'm guessing he's on the 'special' end of the scale, lmao. I can imagine that both would have been distracting. You could have had a quiet word with the invigilator and asked if these people could stop fidgeting as it was disturbing you.
  • Options
    super147 wrote: »
    LOL! :eek:

Did you consider grabbing the girl's hair and yanking it? :D As for the boy, well I'm guessing he's on the 'special' end of the scale, lmao. I can imagine that both would have been distracting. You could have had a quiet word with the invigilator and asked if these people could stop fidgeting as it was disturbing you.

I think they were more bored than 'special' to be honest, although the girl has done the same thing in all of our exams. I only have one left, so when she does it again I may ask the invigilator to ask her to stop.
  • Options
    LOL @ exams

I sat my GCSEs in June 1995. We were allowed to bring sweets in as long as the wrapping didn't make too much noise. In one of my exams, the invigilator kept asking me if he could eat my sweets!
  • Options
    haha in our exams its the invigilator that is annoying.
    Over the exams, she opened some skittles and they went every where, she opened bottles of coke that more than once fizzed up. She talked to other invigilators about people sitting the exam and if you were near the front you could hear her. She wore high heels on a wooden floor and walked around, she walked in between desks and she was quite big so it would move them. They are supposed to stay at the front and do nothing but apparently no one told her this! :banghead:
  • Options
    I got ID'd for cigarettes this morning :yeees:.
  • Options

Ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! :D

*rolls on floor giggling*

That hasn't happened to me since I was 14! :p
  • Options
    It hasn't happened to ME since I was 14 either, which is why I didn't have my ID on me :(.

Good job there's two shops down my way, eh :D.
  • Options
    It hasn't happened to ME since I was 14 either, which is why I didn't have my ID on me :(.

Good job there's two shops down my way, eh :D.

Lol! :D

I remember going to the newsagents at lunchtime with the regular order from all my classmates. I'd be at the counter asking for a box of 10 Embassy, 20 Benson & Hedges, 10 Lambert & Butler, 10 Superkings, 3 boxes of matches, one lighter, etc etc. And he's say "These ARE all for you aren't they?" :rolleyes: lmao! DUH!

The last time I asked my age when buying cigarettes, and this is not word of a lie, was by the same guy who had sold me four cans of lager not 5 minutes before :thumb: I still can't work that one out!
  • Options

Give it a few more years and you'd have posted this in the good news thread, followed by this smiley:

:hyper:
  • Options
    hehe, i love getting id'd! i'm always getting id'd in clubs, bars, supermarkets, etc. it makes me very happy because i'm 24! my boyfriend gets insulted though. he's 27 in august and he got id'd in asda the other day for one bottle of banana beer. oh it did make me giggle! you should have seen his little face!
  • Options
    hehe, i love getting id'd! i'm always getting id'd in clubs, bars, supermarkets, etc. it makes me very happy because i'm 24! my boyfriend gets insulted though. he's 27 in august and he got id'd in asda the other day for one bottle of banana beer. oh it did make me giggle! you should have seen his little face!

Awww, I hope they gave him a wowwipop to cheer him up! :D ROFL
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options

Take it as a compliment! A friend of mine is 31 and still gets ID'd for lottery tickets.
  • Options
    If people concentrated on their exam paper more they wouldnt notice the distractions ;)

On a serious note, that stuff would have made me want to put their pencils up their nose and bang their heads off the desk, a la magic disappearing pen trick played by the joker in Batman Dark Knight film.