Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Realising although I've had a good day doing simple things, colouring and watching TV ain't going to change my life :/

Then I'm in conflict as I know I'm supposed to be "kind" towards myself and so I should be proud for staying busy and enjoying my day, yet still it doesn't change anything :/
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    apandav wrote: »
    Realising although I've had a good day doing simple things, colouring and watching TV ain't going to change my life :/

Then I'm in conflict as I know I'm supposed to be "kind" towards myself and so I should be proud for staying busy and enjoying my day, yet still it doesn't change anything :/

Sometimes you need those days to prepare you for other "big" days. It might be boring as hell, but it'll help you to build up your energy levels.
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »

Sometimes you need those days to prepare you for other "big" days. It might be boring as hell, but it'll help you to build up your energy levels.

Yeah I get where your coming from and agree.

But it's not a one off for me, I'm just trying to get through each day at a time or else I sit, think and worry. I'm just sick of it. I've not been enjoying these things as much but enjoyed it more today. Thing is I'm sick of it, as I have nothing to do for the next few weeks. I'm just trying to stay busy or I'll end up calling helplines with all my worries, shit moods etc. And they will get annoyed as I call a lot.

Hurry up psychology appointment on Thursday, it's been one month!!!
  • Options
    FUCK this I've been meaning to cancel my gym membership for months as I haven't been in like 6 months and need to watch my money as I'm a student.......I've been too nervous about going in :( and I finally phoned them to cancel, trying not to breathe heavily whilst speaking and they say you need to come in to sign a form :/ I wanted to avoid going in, I feel too embarrassed!!!!!
  • Options
    Was feeling proud that I tried to plan my day- busier days are normally better for me (well not too busy)......but need to stay in the house for mums delivery which is coming at an awkward time 15:30-16:30,so I can't see my friend nor can I go shopping after (my alternative plan). I can't be bothered getting ready to go out and have to rush back so just staying at home. Feeling disappointed. I was in the mood yesterday to gut a few of my drawers but I'm not in the mood for that today! So what am I going to do, I just feel i can't be bothered even to get ready or anything now :(

May seem trivial but I'm already starting to think, I can't think, thinking isn't good for me :( Now what the heck will I do?

I ain't in the mood for TV, colouring or anything. Currently listening to music but kinda feeling a bit down :(
  • Options
    I could study for my chemistry test, not in the mood, can't concentrate in my home. And I'm already worrying, its not until the 22nd jan (coincidentally my bday :/) and its MC. My friend messaged me asking for me to send her some notes, makes me feel bad as she must have started studying, I just can concentrate in the house and the past few weeks have been tough- yes its starting to get better, and it feels shit again......psychologist this Thursday.....FINALLY
  • Options
    TV...No, Colouring....No, Studying....No, Tidying up....No, Listening to music (tried that) ....No, Walk (actually not an option)....No, Facebook (oh no and remind myself of all people "enjoying" their lives when I sit here, no thanks) ...No, Reading...No, IPad Games....No, Gutting room...No, Cooking....No (nothing to cook anyways), Play with dogs.....No (sleeping anyways), Sleeping....No (can't sleep during the day), Buzzfeed...No( last time I got nightmares after reading ISIS sent David Cameron a message), Drawing....No, Texting/Messaging Friends...No, Sorting my crystals.... No (can't be bothered and not in the mood), Watch a film...No concentration, Youtube....No concentration.........................
  • Options
    If I were taking my advice, I'd push myself to do something but I just can't even.

When I went on that mindfulness course, they said people forget to just exist in the here and now,,, no i can't exist w/o thinking right now
  • Options
    Sorry for being an annoying cow, I'll try to stop posting now :/
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're not an annoying cow @apandav ! It's really hard when we know all sorts of things we feel we 'could' or 'should' be doing but we just can't muster the motivation!

Try not to be too hard on yourself though, some days just don't work out how we planned but there is always tomorrow :)

What about sorting one of those drawers whilst listening to some music or just having a lie down and doing some deep slow breaths. Take your time, you'll find something :)

And in the mean time, if having a bit of a rant helps, feel free!
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    You're not an annoying cow @apandav ! It's really hard when we know all sorts of things we feel we 'could' or 'should' be doing but we just can't muster the motivation!

Try not to be too hard on yourself though, some days just don't work out how we planned but there is always tomorrow :)

What about sorting one of those drawers whilst listening to some music or just having a lie down and doing some deep slow breaths. Take your time, you'll find something :)

And in the mean time, if having a bit of a rant helps, feel free!

I guess your right, it's just very frustrating for me and the more I try the more restless I get. At the same time, I normally start daydreaming which I am trying to avoid as it makes me feel worse!

People just keep telling me I need to stay busy and I think that I may becoming a bit pre-occupied with it and missing the point of "staying busy".

I've not really done much today, just faffed about. Think I'll go out for a bit tomorrow , probably do me some good!

Thanks, having a rant normally helps me......just the feeling of letting everything go!!
  • Options
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    TS/personal related...

But does anyone else go over a billion and one thoughts before starting a thread? Legit write them up and then delete them, like mine always end up being long pointless babbles about what ever the m'larkey. But basically I'm like, is there a point to this? What am I going to gain from posting this thread? Will is cause arguments? Not many people like me...What if I were to be ignored? What if it's a response that's so typical I can't stand it? - Etc. Etc. - Maybe it's just me, but its easier to post in threads like these, ranty/hug etc. Than it is to start my very own.
  • Options
    TS/personal related...

But does anyone else go over a billion and one thoughts before starting a thread? Legit write them up and then delete them, like mine always end up being long pointless babbles about what ever the m'larkey. But basically I'm like, is there a point to this? What am I going to gain from posting this thread? Will is cause arguments? Not many people like me...What if I were to be ignored? What if it's a response that's so typical I can't stand it? - Etc. Etc. - Maybe it's just me, but its easier to post in threads like these, ranty/hug etc. Than it is to start my very own.

I do this all the time with starting threads, in the end I always end up deleting them and just forgetting about it because it never makes any sense in my head and I don't want to be in the way. It's a lot easier to post in ranty/hug thread because it's not so focused around ourselves if that makes sense?
  • Options
    TS/personal related...

Not just TS; but yeah. But not helped by someone (not on TS) who never gives advice; but just responds with "I don't understand what you mean". Um, read it again? Alternatively, if you've got nothing helpful to add, you could just shut up?
  • Options
    Some people really take the piss, not everyone get's money handed to them on a plate, like I work hard for my money, but even then, it just about covers my bills, and even with student finance I'm still working hard to keep at it and manage it enough to afford food, etc. Like, I can't drop everything while you fudging mess with my head. Like I care how loaded you are. I don't want to reach out to my parents everytime I need money, I want to earn it myself, and my parents are always willing to help, but they're like struggling themselves, it isn't fair on them, I'm not commuting from home or nothing, I want independance, not be living with my parents when I'm 21. Man! People suck.
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »

I do this all the time with starting threads, in the end I always end up deleting them and just forgetting about it because it never makes any sense in my head and I don't want to be in the way. It's a lot easier to post in ranty/hug thread because it's not so focused around ourselves if that makes sense?
    Melian wrote: »

Not just TS; but yeah. But not helped by someone (not on TS) who never gives advice; but just responds with "I don't understand what you mean". Um, read it again? Alternatively, if you've got nothing helpful to add, you could just shut up?

But this you guys, you've pretty much summed it up, like legit thought it was just me, like massive reassurance. But is the focus like the main reason you're not posting? Like I'm gonna echo Melian, I'm worried about getting responses like 'I don't understand' or just a simple hug or being told, that people care, because it actually makes my post seem so superficial if not anything else.
  • Options

But this you guys, you've pretty much summed it up, like legit thought it was just me, like massive reassurance. But is the focus like the main reason you're not posting? Like I'm gonna echo Melian, I'm worried about getting responses like 'I don't understand' or just a simple hug or being told, that people care, because it actually makes my post seem so superficial if not anything else.

They kind of both tie in to one for me, So if there's the focus on me and my own thread, people tend to feel obliged to reply I guess? And if they're just replying because they see you have no other replies, not because they understand what's going on or because they care they tend to leave more generic replies. I don't know if I'm making any sense tbh
  • Options

They kind of both tie in to one for me, So if there's the focus on me and my own thread, people tend to feel obliged to reply I guess? And if they're just replying because they see you have no other replies, not because they understand what's going on or because they care they tend to leave more generic replies. I don't know if I'm making any sense tbh

Yeah, you are making complete sense, like I legit get it! - Like you've pretty much summed up what I was trying to express.
    I guess it's not about how we can tackle this, because if you're feeling like this, Melian too and me, there must be other users.
  • Options

I agree. I know with threads like this one, the hug thread and "I need somewhere to post random shit", I don't need a reply. (or in the case of "I need somewhere to post random shit", it's usually something that's really not worth making a thread over)

Having been here long enough, I can roughly work out the responses I'm likely to get, which means I know whether I should post this thread on here or post it elsewhere. That being said, I posted a thread recently in Health. In was a "I have no idea what response I'll get; but I need somewhere to post my thoughts" and I received a few replies. I was pleasantly surprised at the replies I did receive.

I do avoid replying to threads with just a hug (I will sometimes reply and then will leave a hug) because personally, those repliies do frustrate me.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Laptop is less that a year old and has broke. Urgh so annoying.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Hey @Melian[/USER] and [USER="90420"]Hiccup
    Just wanted to pick up on a few things you mention about posting your own threads - I've started a thread in anything goes to talk about this more - would be good to hear your thoughts as it seems like a really important issue. Thanks for raising it.

:)
  • Options
    Clearly can't express how you feel without it being externalized. Thanks guys. Like yeah, made my day.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hardly and sleep in over a week, shoulder is so bad and I am so tired.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Cunts cunts cunts. I want to die :):):):):)
  • Options
    Cunts cunts cunts. I want to die :):):):):)

Hey Hiccup - please do start a thread if you need some support tonight or reach out to someone that you can trust, it's okay to feel angry, finding ways to let it all out can help. You don't have to manage on your own and we really value you here <3

• Options
    Being told to get out more (and completely ignoring the main issue here) - you really have no idea how difficult that actually is :(
  • Options
    I have like an exam at 9 today, I have not slept, and I'm pretty much shitting brick. Like, help?
  • Options
    I have like an exam at 9 today, I have not slept, and I'm pretty much shitting brick. Like, help?

Hate that feeling! Good luck for your exam :heart:
  • Options
    I need tips guys!! - You know when you're like on your feet for ages, after not working for a few days, and then coming back to work, and like throughout you're just on your feet and the minute you rest, your feet are in agony? - Like how do I help with pain?