Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Melian wrote: »
    Having to wait over a week for a doctors appointment. :(

Is that because there are no earlier apps available? Doctors here have changed to being able to book in advance so now if you ring up for whatever reason, the waiting period tends to be just over a week. It's absolutely ridiculous. And they leave emergency apps available but they're so grumpy about giving them to people -_-
  • Options

Is that because there are no earlier apps available? Doctors here have changed to being able to book in advance so now if you ring up for whatever reason, the waiting period tends to be just over a week. It's absolutely ridiculous. And they leave emergency apps available but they're so grumpy about giving them to people -_-

Yes, Tuesday is the earliest. One of the doctors left at the end of last month and there's a staff shortage atm. But I don't know if that's just nurses. Not an emergency, thankfully.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Why should anyone have to so strongly defend why they don't want children? I don't ask you why you *do* want children.
    Small town mindsets go away... :banghead:
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    Why should anyone have to so strongly defend why they don't want children? I don't ask you why you *do* want children.
    Small town mindsets go away... :banghead:

I've never understood this either.
  • Options
    Whoever decided that silver on grey was a good idea. Just why?
  • Options
    Fucking fire alarms
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Didn't want to admit to my friends I'm going to a mindfulness orientation session at 2pm so I lied and said I was going home after the lecture. Was planning to study in the library- but I met my friend in the toilet and made up an exuse I was priniting something before I went home- awkward!!! Then I can't stay in library so I look for places to go. I decide to study on a bench in George square- bad idea I can't concentrate. Dunno where to go, might try that other uni building , just on a bench inside it. But I'm worried I'll bump into them as I know they have their practical class today!!
  • Options
    Less than 5mph on motorway! - so much for express bus ....
  • Options
    Feeling frustrated....... Just spoke my life out to a Samaritan on the phone. To then have them say they don't understand my Scottish accent :(

I know it's not their fault, just wish they said earlier and I could have slowed down/ tried to tone my accent down if they told me. I don't even have that strong an accent as some I think. Nothing against them, just feeling frustrated as told them so much :(
  • Options
    Just trying to disract myself, apologies for random posts on thesite
  • Options
    apandav wrote: »
    Just trying to disract myself, apologies for random posts on thesite

No need to apologise at all - if distracting yourself helps then it's one of the reasons TheSite exists *hug*
  • Options

No need to apologise at all - if distracting yourself helps then it's one of the reasons TheSite exists *hug*

Thanks *hug* yeah sometimes I just respond to the chat thread, when I need a bit of distraction. It tends to get me thinking about other things for a bit, nice to get a rest from "myself" (so ironic) all be it for a few mins or so.
  • Options
    Eww....... Absolutely hate getting the bus, especially on a very rainy day- it just feels so damp and icky, can't wait to get off!!!
  • Options
    Absolute Bullshit. Cunts everywhere
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    What a pile of fucking shit. :-(

Done with everything.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I'm absolutely fucking fuming. I actually do not know how to handle such anger without verbally lashing the fuck out on the prick who deserves it.
  • Options
    So, I burnt myself yesterday. It was tiny and I couldn't work out why it was so painful. I've got a paper cut inside the burn. Ouch bloody ouch.
  • Options
    I just caught up on tonight's episode of doctor who and wish I fucking didn't. I'm so pissed off :no:
  • Options
    Being approached by some weird guy in the street who wants a relationship with me. He lives 200 miles away. No thanks. He couldn't understand why I didn't want to meet him for lunch or kiss him. Um, because I don't kiss strangers? Can someone please explain why a minority think it's ok to approach a lone female in this way? I was out running minding my own business.
  • Options
    Sorry you went through that melian *hug

It's fucking freezing and I have to actually leave the house this morning for an appointment. I am not about this shit.
  • Options
    Some people really do need to engage their brains before their fingers. According to someone who doesn't understand how visual impairment works, I don't need a cane because I can see something. I then explained that the reason why I use a cane is because I've got no depth perception. (this means that walking down steps is difficult - despite his help, I did manage to almost fall down some steps when we were in France earlier this year more than once) She then said "well, you could always shut your eyes if you don't like the staring". Idiot. I'm also mildly deaf we think; so kinda need both senses to function.
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Chavs on the bus pissing me off at the back being really loud and noisy Old MadOld MadOld MadOld MadOld Mad:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::grump::grump::grump::grump::grump:
  • Options
    Oh my fucking gosh, this pain is absolutely fucking horrendous. I swear to gosh, my GP needs to up my tablets or at least try something else because I'm not sure how I'm supposed to cope with such awful side and back pain. Fuck fuck fuck fuck it hurts.
  • Options
    Oh my fucking gosh, this pain is absolutely fucking horrendous. I swear to gosh, my GP needs to up my tablets or at least try something else because I'm not sure how I'm supposed to cope with such awful side and back pain. Fuck fuck fuck fuck it hurts.

Have you been referred to a pain clinic? They can usually give you something stronger.
  • Options
    I sometimes wonder if some people forget that other people live here? Or am I seriously being that unreasonable in expecting in some bloody peace and quiet? Really don't appreciate her grandchildren running around and stamping (which gave me a migraine a few weeks ago) and nor do I fancy being woken up around 6/7am because someone can't walk downstairs quietly. Their children also have this habit of standing outside my door (I'm on the ground flloor) and talking. Didn't appreciate that at 9.30 last night either.

If they were students (sorry) I could understand it more.
  • Options
    I'm so annoyed. A few weeks ago, the GP increased my propanalol dosage so instead of 90mg a day I'm now on 120mg, and also increased my citalopram dosage. I've just picked the two items up from the chemist and they've given me the correct citalopram but the wrong propanalol. That's the one I actually need as well. So fuck knows how long it's going to be now before I get the correct prescription because I'll probably have to wait again for it to be signed off. This is because the receptionist did it wrong when she requested them both. It's on the system and it was the same time as the citalopram so how on earth can you get that wrong??
  • Options
    Being constantly forced to listen to someone's shit music. I do wonder if some people are deaf.
  • Options
    Left my meds in my mouth for a few mins until I got a drink........that awful taste!!
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    apandav wrote: »
    Left my meds in my mouth for a few mins until I got a drink........that awful taste!!

Worst decision ever D: - I can't take meds without drinking fizzy pop or the taste just stays there D:
  • Options
    Really hungry and I want my dinner soon...... Dad got a new job so we normally have dinner around 8pm , which is too late, probably snack less if I had it about 6:30pm but mum argues I'd snack more after..... :(

Parents are off, yet mum says it's too early, I offered to make it but my offer was declined. I'm getting grumpy now as I'm so hungry :( sorry it's a bit random.