Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks. :) It's not at a set time, which doesn't help me at all! I've manage to drop my cup of tea (not too hot, thankfully) down me at least once because the sound has made me jump.
  • Options
    There's someone who feels the need to run down the stairs somewhere between 6 and 7am every singlr fucking morning. Urgh. Learn to walk FFS.
  • Options
    How difficult it is getting hold of a hat. Seriously?!

I've looked again in town. They're all either too big, (I don't think my head is *that* small!) too expensive or what I'm after. I know exactly what I'm after. But I'm not paying £25 for it. I know I should be able to get away with a kids one; but they don't appear to exist...
  • Options
    euw!

My milk has gone off. It smelt fine though. I only realised it had gone off because after drinking my tea, there was a rather thick slime at the bottom of my cup. Gross!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Ewwww!!
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Melian wrote: »
    euw!

My milk has gone off. It smelt fine though. I only realised it had gone off because after drinking my tea, there was a rather thick slime at the bottom of my cup. Gross!

It's awful that the white icky bit on milk reminds me of cum #TypicalYoungAdult xD, she whenever it get's to hot or something, and get's that layer of white milk, I don't dare go near the milk! Despite it still being okay to drink xxD
  • Options
    How difficult it is getting hold of a hat. Seriously?!

I've looked again in town. They're all either too big, (I don't think my head is *that* small!) too expensive or what I'm after. I know exactly what I'm after. But I'm not paying £25 for it. I know I should be able to get away with a kids one; but they don't appear to exist...

Man, I tried looking online for you too! Think I checked out every clothing site I could think of!! Including Primarni!! xxD - Sadly not as dedicated at you, it annoyed me that I couldn't find one, haha! So can only imagine how difficult it must be for you! I love how the hijab just fits every head size! ;) - However, not the best protection from sun, sadly :(
  • Options
    Got a right awful headache mann, can't fucking stand it. And whacking it apparently doesn't help D:

I totes agree, whacking it will only make it worst!! - As I know you can't take pain killers have you tried rubbing vapour rub on your head? As strange as it sounds when I was younger, it did wonders!! Or even a wet towel folded! And time away from technology!! I found dimming lights on technology also helped a bit, depending on lighting in room, etc. Just got to get down to the cause of the headache!!
  • Options

Man, I tried looking online for you too! Think I checked out every clothing site I could think of!! Including Primarni!! xxD - Sadly not as dedicated at you, it annoyed me that I couldn't find one, haha! So can only imagine how difficult it must be for you! I love how the hijab just fits every head size! ;) - However, not the best protection from sun, sadly :(

Thanks. :) I know exactly what I need. But it seems that nowhere does a kids version of it!
  • Options
    I'm not sure what posed me off about this mornings flight more - the woman next to me with the oversized suitcase, which meant I had very little leg room. Or the child behind me constantly kicking my chair. She stopped after being asked three times, finally.
  • Options
    Today already feels like it's going to be a really stressful day -_-
  • Options
    People are wankers. Get the fuck over yourself, you're no better than everyone else.
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Getting very frustrated!!!! Was tidying up last week and misplaced my provisional and some other cards....... Now I can't find them!!! Ugh I know they are here somewhere.....
  • Options
    People who come t on things they quite clearly don't understand or haven't read.
  • Options
    Being sandwiched between two old men on a train resulting in a panic attack, they didn't even fucking move to let me get away
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Being sandwiched between two old men on a train resulting in a panic attack, they didn't even fucking move to let me get away

Crikey bob, sorry you had to go through that Hiccup, I can only imagine how terrible that must have been for you. - Some people are absolutely clueless about the signs of panic attack, or when they should move out the way, etc. Hope you were able to get out in the end!
  • Options
    People who come t on things they quite clearly don't understand or haven't read.

What happened Melian? - Can't stand people who get themselves involved in things they are clueless about, but then they don't realize how silleh they sound.
  • Options
    meggles wrote: »
    student finance are a fucking bullshit joke. i had everything sent off 4 fucking months ago.. i rang out a few weeks back asking what was going on.. i got told my letter of approval would be sent in the next few days... few weeks later.. NOTHING..i rang up again today and got a rude person who fucking hang up on me. at this fucking rate im going to have a shitty dead end job in fucking McDonald because student finance fucked me up and i wont be able to go to uni if they dont fucking sort their shit out....omg im so stressed and i am going to hit the fucking roof

Working in McDonalds however, would still be a job, and money ;) - If you have your approval from UCAS about the University you're going to, you can still go to University, the aspect of money will just be difficult, my student finance didn't come through until 2 months into my course, I had to put off paying for my accomodation, so I really do understand how frustrating Student Finance can be. Have you had your letter of approval through yet? Mine was approved by my University, who was able to send off to Student Finance letting them know I was accepted and a student at the University I was attending. - Did you manage to call back Student Finance? - One rude person doesn't mean they're all rude!
  • Options
    Need to start packing tomorrow, and buy the rest of the stuff I need, but really can't be bothered. I'm looking forward to going back to University, settling into new house, but the thought of setting in stresses me out. I've always had my own ensuite, even at home I have my own ensuite, I had my own in my first year accommodation, so to share will be so difficult. Not only that however, there's just so much shiz, don't know how Imma cope xxD
  • Options
    Why does my manager feel the need to give me like a million tasks today to do before I leave on Thursday...... Why didn't you tell me this last week or before??? I could have been done ages ago :(

Why since A is on holiday do I get everything dropped on me? It's not fair to expect one person to handle all that as well as juggle my actual main part of the job. Just spent majority of my day sitting on the computer. I don't mind but if people start complaining and moaning that I'm terrible and not doing my job properly, well how can I do activities with this mountain of additonal work?

I don't care if I've made errors, fuck them, it's hard when it's 8 o'clock at night, could barely concentrate let alone type properly!

Then I was helping the other staff out before 10, then this colleague of mine happens to give me daggers of a look. Why do I get repaid this way? It was so awkward he just stopped at a door when he saw me (he was walking into a room) and just stared at me with a "what the hell" look. It was awkward and I just said oh I'm just helping such and such by giving him his dinner! Wish I had the guts to ask him what his problem was!!! Ps. I know it was a dirty look he gave me, I just found out last week he went behind mine and a colleagues back saying why are we doing this! It so happens that when we do that, that gives him a bit more additional work and so less time to sleep during his nightshift (so unfair your supposed to work, it is a shift you know!). (I work 2 hours into the nightshifts shift by th way).
  • Options
    Some people need to sort their fucking attitude out. Stop treating people like shit.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Thanks for offering me my dream job a month and a half after saying it didn't exist.
  • Options
    ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Annoyed over the fact I can't be honest and tell people I am honestly really unwell bc it will ruin things for everyone else and I'll be blamed forever. :impissed:

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

• Options
    Supposed to be going to a friends house for a party tonight! ....... But to be honest I don't want to go, I'm not in the mood and I can't be bothered making an effort to get dressed up :( I'm tired and just want to stay in bed all night........ But I should meet up with friends as I need to "try" to stay busy and distracted to" recover".

To be honest I just can't be bothered with people. I'm cool around my close friends but I normally feel lonely at parties, too many people. Plus I don't feel I fit in with my other friends crowd. My best friends will all be away chatting and in the past when I've tried to stick with the,, I sense they get a bit annoyed as I seem clingy. Plus it's awakward- I normally end up sitting somewhere, not feeling a part of the conversation. I'll probably end up trying to chat with people, give up and sit somewhere alone. I just want to feel more normal :(
  • Options
    Absolutely FUMING,!!!!!

Decided to tell mother the truth since my therapist keeps on telling me to.

How dare my mum threaten me with gutting my room out, she doesn't have the right to invade my space!! So I told her, I'm not a child anymore, I'm an adult so you can't talk to me like that! Uggghhhhh...... Why do I deserve this!

I can't not have my mum going into my room, I've lost a sheet of paper that would give away the truth about my struggles, I can't have her reading my therapy workbooks! Neither do I want her looking through my things! If I don't find my provisional tomorrow she will gut my room! Super worried if I don't find it, everything will be over, the game will be up!
  • Options
    This is not good at all......................... Recently I've been so unorganised, loosing things like anything. I used to be so organised too! I think I just worry so much and end up putting things off...... I know it probably makes things worse!

Yesterday, my bank card wasn't in my purse, I started panicking thinking maybe I left it in the shop. But there was nothing I could do as my local Wh smith is closed on Sunday's and I couldn't ask my mum for advice as she'd kill me.

Now I'm thinking how stupid, keep trying to think back to the day. To think of it I can remember taking it out the machine at self service. Then I though oh it'll be okay as self service is right next to the checkout. But what if someone stole it? What if the steal my money? All my savings for uni will be gone. All that time working will be a waste. I will get into debt. Luckily I live with parents but still, mum advised me to take out a loan for first year. To be fair I though my savings would be enough but she said take it just incase, try not to use it but it's there. Now if my card is stolen I will get into debt, as hoe would I repay all that with no money? Ugh I'm such an idiot!

Seriously I need a wake up call, get with it Amanda- you've been too up in the fairies and now your life is a fucking mess! How will you cope at university since you've turned into an unorganised mess! You will fail and life will be crap!
  • Options
    So much for trying to improve , screw worry time, I'm sorry Carol it's a load of bullshit, doesn't work! I'm soooooooooo overwhelmed! Could scream, fuck I can't deal with mum being off two weeks, no space. Constant nagging and being blamed for everything breaking............. Fuck this could jump on a train and not stop traveling........ Want to run away, get away from everyone in my life! If you send me over edge I will do it! Stupid parents , stupid me!
  • Options
    Lying in bed...... Dreading the day, mums declaring it clear out day! She says I need to find something or she will come in to my room and look! No that's not fair I need my space!
  • Options
    Fucking deluded bitch, get a fucking grip, stop it! Your bombarding the thread with you emotions, it's selfish, your a cow and need to get a grip Amanda!
  • Options
    No matter what speed I was doing on the French roads last week, there was always someone wanting to overtake. Even when approaching bends. O___O