Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    India soon!
  • Options
    I swear my body just wants me to be constantly exhausted. I got to sleep probably around 1:30, then I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep for an hour. In what world is three and a half hours of sleep ever fucking ok?! Since then, in my vain attempts to get a decent amount of sleep, I have been waking up approximately every hour. Eugh.

:crying:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    preditcable melt down occured, que me having to travel hundreds of miles to prevent two suicides and spending two weeks shopping money in the process. You fucking cunt, grow the fuck up and stop taking drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's lucky to have a friend like you xx
  • Options
    I will rather post this in the ranty than in the happy news thread.

Was at the housewarming party of my big sis, beautiful flat. And I invited a friend of mine over, who was on her way home from a lame party and she couldn't drink too much, because she has work tomorrow.

So this friend was in a relationship last year, but she wasn't very happy with it. She tried everything to work it out, but in the end it fell apart for the very reasons that were the problem all the time. Last summer I suggested to her to be in a relationship with me (while she was still with her bf) because I am more awesome. She declined.

And god damn, suddenly I so know why I liked this girl so much, I can see myself falling for her again and I can see us being both single this summer, meeting up every so often and do all this girlfriend/boyfriend stuff with each other, that we used to do last summer, meeting at the river bank of the Donau every other day and drink on a picnic blanket until the morning hours and have an amazing time just talking to each other. We just work perfectly together.

And she will rebuff me again, because she is stupid.

And on another note, I had Gulasch for lunch today and I have disastrously smelly wind, this belongs in the happy thread tho. It's manly.
  • Options
    StrubbleS, you are me in XY form. HUGS for never quite getting dating right.

Only it was meatballs that made my farts smell :D
  • Options
    My mum just told me my nan has died. i feel pretty shit and upset not being able to be with her right now, and also my flatmates are not home and i dont have a phone to txt them. Can't stop randomly crying :(
  • Options
    *hug* Sorry to hear that ska :(
  • Options
    hugs *hug* for kitty
  • Options
    What Mr V and Evenstar said. Sorry to hear (or rather read) of this Ska.
  • Options
    Rant against myself.

Pointed out that a friend looked a bit pudgy on one of her facebook photos. Turns out she is uber conscious of her body and I just whirled up a shitstorm.

god damn sometimes it's better to just shut up.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Pointed out that a friend looked a bit pudgy on one of her facebook photos. Turns out she is uber conscious of her body and I just whirled up a shitstorm.

Meh. If she can't take criticism from a friend, then I see that as being her prob. It's like a friend saying to me "oh you've put on a bit of weight haven't you", and I'm like "yeah". Yes it does bother me because I have been getting heavier over the last 12 years but I don't blow up in front of friends.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Meh. If she can't take criticism from a friend, then I see that as being her prob. It's like a friend saying to me "oh you've put on a bit of weight haven't you", and I'm like "yeah". Yes it does bother me because I have been getting heavier over the last 12 years but I don't blow up in front of friends.

I mean I knew girls are being more sensitive about it, but then she showed me a picture of what she wants to look like and it looked like a inmate from a nazi concentration camp.

Will still refrain from doing that now.
  • Options
    Rant against myself.

god damn sometimes it's better to just shut up.

She forgives you, don't worry *hug*
  • Options
    She forgives you, don't worry *hug*

You're back? :chin:
  • Options
    Uni gave me a parking fine a week after me getting a warning notice saying that no further action will be taken for me leaving my car outside the flat too long - despite my car not even being there since! The fine doesn't even have a date of the offence on it. Grrr. :banghead:
  • Options
    You're back? :chin:

Haha, no... I just lurk... thought I'd use the new smile though in my forgiving of Mr. Strubbs :lol: *runs back to hiding place*
    Xx
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Uni gave me a parking fine a week after me getting a warning notice saying that no further action will be taken for me leaving my car outside the flat too long - despite my car not even being there since! The fine doesn't even have a date of the offence on it. Grrr. :banghead:

Given your last sentence, you might be able to dispute it?

Compaines that don't have alternative numbers. I had a look at how much I'd spend this month (minutes & texts) and £5 is for minutes not included in my monthly minutes. (ie, 0845 numbers)

And that was just tot sort my shitty internet out.:mad:
  • Options
    I mean I knew girls are being more sensitive about it, but then she showed me a picture of what she wants to look like and it looked like a inmate from a nazi concentration camp.

Take it as a general rule that it is not ok to call your female friends 'pudgy' or anything similar.
  • Options
    Take it as a general rule that it is not ok to call your female friends 'pudgy' or anything similar.

I guess that's the lesson I learned today.
  • Options
    and not just to save you from the heartache of having to deal with the fallout. If you never do it, you will never upset them by letting them know that even though you're friends, you still subscribe to everything we are told doesn't exist to the extent we think it does -that people judge us by how we look and by how fat/thin we are.
  • Options

I don't think it's anything to do with girls being more sensitive - it seems rather innapropriate?

A friend said something to me that he shouldn't have and I told him (this was after realising what he really meant) that he'd upset me. To which he replied "that's how it really feels sometimes". Um, thanks! There are times when you shouldn't say what you're really thinking.
  • Options
    I'd say the only time it's acceptable is if she asks directly.
  • Options
    I'm getting headache and all i can smell is stale smoke. I thought this had all stopped. :shocking: :yuck: :grump:
  • Options
    I'm getting headache and all i can smell is stale smoke. I thought this had all stopped. :shocking: :yuck: :grump:

Hope you're ok, Naun.
  • Options
    Thanks for the support guys, feel a bit better today, but took the day off work as im currently temping and dealing with fatal insurance claims, couldnt bear to see the word 'deceased' all day.

Thanks (hugs)
  • Options
    A girl I like is confused about another guy

/sobs.
  • Options
    and not just to save you from the heartache of having to deal with the fallout. If you never do it, you will never upset them by letting them know that even though you're friends, you still subscribe to everything we are told doesn't exist to the extent we think it does -that people judge us by how we look and by how fat/thin we are.

Yesssss Mooooom. *Strops off to his room*

I understood!
    grace wrote: »
    I'd say the only time it's acceptable is if she asks directly.

Good that you said this, because I was too scared to ask :p Even tho I don't like it, it is probably best to lie to your gf/wife if she asks you about it, friends on the other hand..
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Thanks for the support guys, feel a bit better today, but took the day off work as im currently temping and dealing with fatal insurance claims, couldnt bear to see the word 'deceased' all day.

Thanks (hugs)

I hope you're ok.

The fact that the people I live with seem to have no problem with slamming doors at all hours. And people who don't reply to text messages and emails.
  • Options
    Some people do really need to stop being so bloody paranoid:
    I changed my Facebook status, which said something about how I'm glad there are some people I won't see after this week. To which a friend replied "like me?" That's the second time I've said something like that and he's asked if it's him. And I got a lecture from him last time about how if it's about someone, I shouldn't allow them to see that.
  • Options
    i just don't feel like me right now :(

i feel so completely drained of emotion, energy...everything really.