Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So BORED with life!!!!

I know my interests are a little underground and non mainstream so i wanna get to more gigs and clubs etc.

Trouble is none of my friends are into the same thing, and i dont know anyone well enough my age and in the local area to go out with. I want to get out more to these clubs but ill be going by myself and i bet i wont meet anyone there or be able to integrate myself in :grump: :crying:
  • Options
    So, it looks like because of that little nervous breakdown I had and the fact that I haven't had more than four hours sleep a night for nearly two weeks, I won't be getting a full degree at graduation. That's if I even get to GO to graduation.

Fuck you, life.
  • Options
    The tumor in my best friend's mum's head is definitely malignant, and the prognosis is not hopeful.
  • Options
    General rant about the IB. Just remembered how annoyed I am that it is so easy for people to cheat. Need 3 timezones for papers. Grrr.
  • Options
    Ok... so i STUPIDLY moved (only about an inch forwards) my Xbox whilst it was on and with a disk inside, and it made a horrific noise. I took the disk out and it has 3 deep scratch rings on it. Put it back in and can't play it.

And its not just any disk. Its CODMW2 which i have become addicted to over the last few days. :crying:

:grump: :grump: :grump:
  • Options
    Ok... so i STUPIDLY moved (only about an inch forwards) my Xbox whilst it was on and with a disk inside, and it made a horrific noise. I took the disk out and it has 3 deep scratch rings on it. Put it back in and can't play it.

And its not just any disk. Its CODMW2 which i have become addicted to over the last few days. :crying:

It's an omen. Go out and meet friends :p
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    It's an omen. Go out and meet friends :p

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE AWAY ON AN AMAZING TRIP THAT I HAD TO PULL OUT OF BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS AT HOME.

Ergh.
  • Options

Can't you use some of that special goo stuff that you can buy to get rid of scratches on discs?
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Can't you use some of that special goo stuff that you can buy to get rid of scratches on discs?

I'll take it to GAME sometime. Costs a couple of quid, and I don't wanna mess it up anymore ha :p
  • Options

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE AWAY ON AN AMAZING TRIP THAT I HAD TO PULL OUT OF BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS AT HOME.

Ergh.

*hug* *hug* *hug*
  • Options

Ergh.

I thought you'd say you had to pull out of because you were buying an expensive video console :D aww shucks. Well do you know what I do? I downloaded a Super Nintendo Emulator and I play Final Fantasy 3 and Yoshi's Island on the computer.

I am just retro like that :D
  • Options
    And she slipped into a coma earlier, is out now but, things aren't looking good at all.
  • Options
    Just went to visit my mum in hospital, she's gotten worse. She can barely even speak, don't know if it was the morphine or the cancer talking. :(
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Just went to visit my mum in hospital, she's gotten worse. She can barely even speak, don't know if it was the morphine or the cancer talking. :(

*hug*
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    katralla wrote: »
    And she slipped into a coma earlier, is out now but, things aren't looking good at all.

*hug* Hugs to you two xxx
  • Options
    same, really sorry to hear that you two :(
  • Options
    Hugs to you two, too. *hug*

Why don't people understand the word "NO". Surely it's not a hard word to understand is it?
  • Options
    Why don't people understand the word "NO". Surely it's not a hard word to understand is it?

Oh god we get this at work.

Customer: Frescato please
    Me: Sorry we cant make any we've run out of ice
    C: you've run of ice
    Me: Yes
    C: So you cant make any?
    Me: No, we have no ice
    C: Oh ok. Can you make any other iced drinks?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • Options
    Today's rant...

Derrick Bird in Cumbria decided to copy what a cub scout leader did in Dunblaine in early 1996. While my heart goes out to those involved it can't really be debated in the P&D section apart from gun laws. I know guns will be debated aggressively for the next X number of weeks, to my dismay because guns don't interest me. (same as fox hunting debate.. debates went on for way too long). The only difference now is that it will be David Cameron's pleasure to shake up gun laws instead of John Major.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Oh god we get this at work.

Customer: Frescato please
    Me: Sorry we cant make any we've run out of ice
    C: you've run of ice
    Me: Yes
    C: So you cant make any?
    C: Oh ok. Can you make any other iced drinks?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

it's because people think if they keep asking you the answer will change :yes:
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    it's because people think if they keep asking you the answer will change :yes:

Exactly. Most of the userbase at my old job were perfectly intelligent people with uni degrees or studying for a degree and yet selective hearing will always rear its ugly head. Seems to be unavoidable.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. :) *hug*
  • Options
    My mum just called me downstairs, to get at me about the calories I'd eaten at dinner. I know she wants me to lose weight, and I am trying, but she doesn't need to point out every single little thing, like eating feta cheese with tomatoes.

I'm sorry, it's pretty unimportant compared to some of the ranty things that other people are talking about, but it upset me a bit.
  • Options
    Food thieves! I thought I had enough yoghurt to last me until I go home (Sunday) and now someone has pinched some.
  • Options
    My (potential) fuck buddy still hasnt contacted me...... Hmmm not sure if its just because of being busy with work or because he's all talk and no action? I dont want to contact him either so i dont seem needy or annoying. I thought fuck buddies were supposed to be simple :(
  • Options
    hugs to java and kat :hugs:

I'm still in a lot of pain. Bed ridden all day it seems :(
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    My mum just called me downstairs, to get at me about the calories I'd eaten at dinner. I know she wants me to lose weight, and I am trying, but she doesn't need to point out every single little thing, like eating feta cheese with tomatoes.

I'm sorry, it's pretty unimportant compared to some of the ranty things that other people are talking about, but it upset me a bit.

i know this is no help but i hate mums who do this. i know she is probably doing it because she cares but still pah
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    My (potential) fuck buddy still hasnt contacted me...... Hmmm not sure if its just because of being busy with work or because he's all talk and no action? I dont want to contact him either so i dont seem needy or annoying. I thought fuck buddies were supposed to be simple :(

Yep, they should be Lexi. But quite often they aren't. It's hard to have a completely no string setup and not be the least bit put out when someone doesn't act interested to the level that we want. Even if we don't need a relationship we still all need validation to a point. Hope he gets in touch soon!

As for my own minor rant for the day, and this IS minor but is still pissing me off, my tongue is sore! :S On one side, feels like it's been sandpapered. Third day of this so far, and not the first time I've had this. Gah! :banghead:
  • Options
    I miss one of my friends who is pretty busy with things and I don't get to talk to or see alot of these days. Kind of makes me realise how much I took them for granted.

In addition to the ususal malarky about plans for the future.
  • Options
    This is going to sound pathetic because 'it's a game omg' but the guild I was in on wow had some drama recently and I found out something I shouldn't have which upset me a lot because it basically justified all my paranoias and eugh. Anyway so I left because of it because I needed to clear my head and last night I spoke to the guild leader who said he understood why I left but that my emotional instability means he doesn't think it's right for me to come back. I'm crushed. I transferred there just to join that guild and now I have nowhere else to go. I don't know anyone else on that server and now the one person I really made friends with when I joined is ignoring me and telling me that my being miserable as sin is 'too intense' for him. I just needed a distraction and instead I feel like everyone hates me. Fuck a duck I feel like shit.