Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep. I'd noticed who it was this morning but I'm just waiting for everyone else to notice :D.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Yep. I'd noticed who it was this morning but I'm just waiting for everyone else to notice :D.

I noticed around lunchtime. :D
  • Options
    Not a great loss.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Not a great loss.
    Seriously? You chastised her for being harsh and unsympathetic and yet it's ok for you to post something like that? Double standards, much?
  • Options
    oh, I'm there. I do think she got misinterpreted quite often, misinterpreted us too
  • Options
    Seriously? You chastised her for being harsh and unsympathetic and yet it's ok for you to post something like that? Double standards, much?

Do you want me to lie?
  • Options
    ther's a difference between lying and omitting
  • Options
    Who was it? Going from MrG's comments, I'm guessing geneve?
  • Options
    Do you want me to lie?
    No, but there's a saying which goes 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'. Seriously, she's gone now, and from where I'm sitting it seems to be because of people like you who were harsh with her for being harsh. It's double standards and it gets on my bloody nerves.
  • Options
    No, but there's a saying which goes 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'. Seriously, she's gone now, and from where I'm sitting it seems to be because of people like you who were harsh with her for being harsh. It's double standards and it gets on my bloody nerves.

No need to be happy about it ;)

She had some good advice, I just think the lack of her own realisation that she could even be capable of offending anyone, let alone actually doing it, wasnt just a bug bear. It was making this place, and a few people feel very uncomfortable about coming in here for advice.

Did I make people say or do things, no. I'm not responsible for the actions of others, and I find it hilarious that if its such a big "double standards" deal, why are people gossiping about it then?

Trust me I did my best to bite my tongue a lot of times, and tone my posts down before I posted them. I dont know for what particular reason this poster was removed, or if they asked for their own posts to be removed, mods will likely not comment, and its about time that particular matter got put to bed.......

..........and we got on with ranting about things.
  • Options
    I was gossiping about it? No. I responded to Monserrat's question. You were the one who decided to start being negative, sunshine. Like I said, if you haven't got anything nice to say, why say anything at all? She's gone now and posting along the lines of 'good riddance' is not necessary. It only perpetuates the negativity that was brought along by the constant bickering that seemed to follow her around.

For what it's worth, I agree with Evenstar. I think she was misunderstood by a lot of people because they were so busy being up in arms about how OMG HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALLOUS AND HARSH AND HORRIBLE. How about next time, instead of jumping on that person, you try and calmly explain without resorting to petty insults and arguments that help nobody.

Rant over.
  • Options
    I tried that a number of times, it didnt work.

Plus im not abdicating any responsibility here, but what would have happened if the comment had been dropped?
  • Options
    You know what though? It was. I was getting the impression that she was actually trying harder to understand what was going on but as soon as people jumped on her she got back into her defensive bubble.

My point, however, was that there was no need to be all 'good riddance, no great loss' about it when she's already gone. It's pointless and it's bitter and it's just horrible. Eugh.
  • Options
    I tried that a number of times, it didnt work.

!n a way that came across, to me at least, as often being quite condescending. I think she was just so used to being flamed she became likely to jump to that conclusion. And I think you misunderstood her quite a bit.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    !n a way that came across, to me at least, as often being quite condescending. I think she was just so used to being flamed she became likely to jump to that conclusion. And I think you misunderstood her quite a bit.
    :yes:.

If you had people jumping down your throat every time you made a post, wouldn't you go on the defensive? I know I would.
  • Options
    Expleted usless question setters.

1. How difficult is to correctly proof read a question paper? There are only ten exams in total, with three question on each. You would have thought a department and set of examiners could manage to make sure they were correct. Missing the verb from the first sentance of the first question on the first paper was pretty poor form.

2. Why oh why do you have to put the data and equations for each question on the back of question? Would it really be so hard to arrange the blank pages such that its possible to see both the questions and the gumpf to go with it at the same time?
  • Options
    Gaaah asking guys out is so hard!! Stop being so shy and just ask me ffs!
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Gaaah asking guys out is so hard!! Stop being so shy and just ask me ffs!

haha, *cluck cluck cluck*
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    Who was it? Going from MrG's comments, I'm guessing geneve?

Ohhh i will miss her, she had a way of igniting a good debate, plus i really enjoyed winding her up :)
    Maybe she will rejoin with a new name
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    haha, *cluck cluck cluck*

Its true, ill admit it :(
  • Options
    Lexi - do it by some sort of proxy; txt email, that sort of thing. That's what I do! It means you can work out what you're going to say and say it without tripping all over your words and turning bright red :D

Also, I hit my hand under the base of the thumb and it's all swelly and bruised now :(
  • Options
    The job I thought I had lined up for the summer doing trail work in the national forest got yanked out from under me again. Then the boss I was working for last week decided not to call me about work this week. And now I can't find a full time job. :banghead:
  • Options
    i am genuinely petrified about my exam this afternoon. and if i fail it's because the teaching i pay for was distinctly absent.
    please let me pass :(
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    i am genuinely petrified about my exam this afternoon. and if i fail it's because the teaching i pay for was distinctly absent.
    please let me pass :(
    You'll be fine, sweetheart *hug* :heart:
  • Options
    bloody social workers.

arggghhhhh :banghead:
  • Options

2. Why oh why do you have to put the data and equations for each question on the back of question? Would it really be so hard to arrange the blank pages such that its possible to see both the questions and the gumpf to go with it at the same time?

This one especially drives me craaazyyy!
  • Options
    Same.

It can't be that hard, maybe even this single sided printing thing would solve the problem.....
  • Options

1. How difficult is to correctly proof read a question paper? There are only ten exams in total, with three question on each. You would have thought a department and set of examiners could manage to make sure they were correct. Missing the verb from the first sentance of the first question on the first paper was pretty poor form.

Ever thought it is deliberate?
  • Options
    Well if it is I can't quite work out why.

The examiners always get really flustered when we ask about errors and a thorough mocking from the rest of the department so that being deliberate seems unlikely.

Being irritating sods deliberately could be more likely........
  • Options
    As I was taking a picture of my octi, I noticed that on my bookshelf there was a book that I had just bought another copy of last week. Its been there for YEARS, how could I not know/notice. :confused: