Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid Customers.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was walking along the deck in my overalls a couple of week's ago when this (American) passenger asks "Have you solved the problem yet?"

Could you be a bit more specific?
  • Options
    What's pax mean ? Obviously it's a passenger but does it actually mean something else like COS in the U.S. ?
  • Options
    Well from reading your posts i think twat might be a better word :D

ETA Do you still do the knob thing ?
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    I work P/T in my boyf's mum's take away, just being the phone monkey and i've noticed that some customers are just so flippin thick.

For example:

Customer: Hi, Can i order
    Me: No, we're closed
    C: Okay, so can I have...
    Me: I'm sorry we're closed..last orders are at 10:45
    C: Oh ok....(long pause). So that's sweet n'
    Me: WE'RE CLOSED!

WTF?

If you're closed what you doing answering the phones in the first place?

stick an answering machine on that says you're closed and what time you're opened from -
  • Options
    It was about 10:50, just before we close up properly, but we still answer the phone just in case
  • Options
    GAH!!! Just got a stupid customer rant to get off my chest....

One of our regular account customers is having some printing done with us. His account is currently overdue for payment. I emailed him and asked if we could have payment for his overdue invoice before we printed the cards. I don't think thats unreasonable, as he has a terrible history of paying us and is generally a dodgy character.

He phoned me up, demanding to know when his printing would be done- and I told him I'd sent him an email saying that we were waiting to print until we'd received payment. He had a right old go, telling me that for the sake of continued business i should 'be very careful'. His average payment time is 62 days- our terms are 14. And he's telling ME to be careful?! I've had to go to his offices in the past and announce that I'm staying there until I get a cheque. THAT'S how bad the man can be. Honestly, I can't believe he thought that I was the one being unreasonable. Gah.
  • Options
    My most bizarre one was when I was working in WHSmith.

Phone Rings
    Me: "Hello, WHSmith Books, how can I help?"
    Woman: "Hello, I've just taken some washing out of the machine and I had left my bus pass in the pocket, and so now you can't read it"
    Me: "... oh.... umm... how can I help you?"
    Woman: "Well, i need to know what to do"
    Me: "this is WHSmith..."
    Woman: "Well, I rang the post office and they told me to ring you"

I had a good laugh over that one!
  • Options
    ^^^ That's cheered a poorly old fairy up :)
  • Options
    My most bizarre one was when I was working in WHSmith.

Phone Rings
    Me: "Hello, WHSmith Books, how can I help?"
    Woman: "Hello, I've just taken some washing out of the machine and I had left my bus pass in the pocket, and so now you can't read it"
    Me: "... oh.... umm... how can I help you?"
    Woman: "Well, i need to know what to do"
    Me: "this is WHSmith..."
    Woman: "Well, I rang the post office and they told me to ring you"

I had a good laugh over that one!

:lol:

this is a funny thread, I like it- let's keep it!
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    It was about 10:50, just before we close up properly, but we still answer the phone just in case

in case customers are phoning to ask where thier rice crackers are, or why the driver hasn;t turned up yet, and all that stuff?
  • Options
    Ooo, rememember an old guy coming in because he had this ancient book and had written to the address in the back, but it had been sent back as address unknown. So he came into Smiths to find out the new address!
    The amount of people who thought Smiths was some sort of public information service, much like a library, was incredible.
  • Options
    1) Customers clicking their fingers at you at the bar/Here love, I'm next/Could you serve her after me?
    2) Customers who order £30 worth of drinks and don't tip
    3) The ones who grab you by the back of your head when slabbering their order in your ear
    4) I've just finished an order, say, "that'll be £15.50 please"
    "WHAT? How much is aftershock?"
    "It's £3."
    "I don't want it well."
    "OK. That's £12.50."
    "And a battle of tennents." (Which are £1 on tuesdays)

5) Anyone who calls Guiness "a pint of green". I know what it is, but I'm going to stare at you in a disgusted manner until you stop showing off to your underage boird and stop being twatty.

6) People who won't fucking MOVE out of my way if I'm doing a floor shift, carrying two crates of beer and can hardly see in front of me. Then they get annoyed when I kick em in the shins.
  • Options
    Halloween wrote: »
    2) Customers who order £30 worth of drinks and don't tip

eh? why the fuck should they give you a tip for doing your job- a job which you are paid at least minimum wage for!
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

Find yourself a job as a barmaid in a busy bar on a weeknight, earning some extra cash so you can feed yourself for the next week on something that isn't £.40 pasta from Tescos, and you'll find yourself thinking a little differently.

Minimum wage, after taxes, doesn't cover much. If I'm being polite and quick with an order, it's nice if someone tips you. A £30 order is a lot of work when you've 50 other people shouting at you to SERVE ME ME ME ME ME NEXT

ETA: My list consists of things that piss me off about customers. I'm not saying they're stupid. So noone can bitch about how "I don't tip therefore you're calling me stupid" etc.:p
  • Options
    I work in the technical support department for my computing firm, and my phone number ends with -5544. I quite often get calls from customers enquiring about their pension schemes. I just say back to them "I think you have the wrong number here".

It turned out that the customers were trying to get hold of a company called Marconi Pensions whose number ends with -5400. I'm not sure how easy it is to confuse -5544 with -5400 :-)
  • Options

Find yourself a job as a barmaid in a busy bar on a weeknight, earning some extra cash so you can feed yourself for the next week on something that isn't £.40 pasta from Tescos, and you'll find yourself thinking a little differently.

Minimum wage, after taxes, doesn't cover much. If I'm being polite and quick with an order, it's nice if someone tips you. A £30 order is a lot of work when you've 50 other people shouting at you to SERVE ME ME ME ME ME NEXT

ETA: My list consists of things that piss me off about customers. I'm not saying they're stupid. So noone can bitch about how "I don't tip therefore you're calling me stupid" etc.:p
    and, i work in a hotel with 84room, we had one person check out with over a £2000bill, did he tip? no.. not everyone tips, one out of every 4-5rooms tip at the hotel. get use to it
  • Options
    Chill your bags. I'm having a general bitch about things that piss me off.
    For the individuals who are taking my list very much to heart, listen-

If a bill comes to £29.90 and you wait for your £0.10, it bugs me. I don't feel the need to justify my rant, and I don't lose sleep over someone not tipping me. I don't need to "get over" anything.
    I don't think about it when my shift ends. I don't cry about it.
    Why the fuck is what I said causing mini outrage?

Le sigh...
  • Options
    Because you assume you should get tipped for your job, YOU shouldn't, you get paid to do that, as for paying for taxis etc etc you choose to spend money like that on travel etc.

why should people in the service industry expect to be tipped? I tip, I am a person who tip, but I do it for various reasons, I do it out of quality of food in a resteraunt, if its better than just good, manners of stff, service, if the staff take time to ask how you are etc? I TIP then, if I walk up to the bar and ask for some drinks, why should I tip? all you did was get them? its your JOB too.

and Why should it piss you off if someone waits for there change, seriously... ITS HIS MONEY, i always wait for my change, I earnt it, why should I give it away just because of the ammount
  • Options
    Gah.

I never assume I'm going to get tipped. However when people who can obviously afford it wait on 10p, yea I consider that to be stingy as fuck. The better service you provide, the more chance you have of being tipped by the customer. Thus when I've spent ten minutes making 5 billion shots and running up to the spirit store for some liquor the guy can't even pronounce for him to angrily wait for 10p without a "thanks" or anything, it's disheartening.
  • Options
    customers who do not listen are the worse

We have 2pools, one in the country house hotel, one in the spa resort, spa resort pool is also public and gym members so thus busier, HOTEL pool is PRIVATE to hotel and lodge guests,

SPA guest comes up complaining its to busy in the spa resort pool, demands to use hotel pool. I explain that hotel pool is of limits to spa residents but she explains she wants somewhere quiet to swim without kids.

Ok, so I mention, sometimes in VERY busy conditions we can allow it so check with duty manager, phone her she told me, not a problem but the pool has just closed, till 4.30 (1.00 to 4.30

Explain this to the woman and she says "but if I was staying in the hotel I'd be able to use it?" I reply saying "yes if the pool was open" and she asks why she cant use it right now, for five minutes I explain to her it is CLOSED right now,

finally she storms off. stupid people
  • Options
    The ones who lose their cloakroom tickets and despite me telling them "sorry I'll lose my job, come back at the end of the night" they still procede in a drunken state to describe said coat/bag/then mutter "bitch" when they skulk off.
  • Options
    Heard a great one today... two girls talking to eachother... one looks at a sign which states that we're getting rid of menswear and it's all 70% off... she points it out to her friend who says back 'are they getting rid of the mens wear then?' ....................

Made me chuckle.

Had a bit of an odd thing the other day. I was tidying around near the changing room and a woman comes out of them, having just tried on some stuff... and she looks at me and says 'Oh I wish you'd been here a minute ago, I wanted to see what these look like' (holding up a garment)... :eek2: She then just wandered off to the till... I still have no idea what she meant.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I work in the technical support department for my computing firm, and my phone number ends with -5544. I quite often get calls from customers enquiring about their pension schemes. I just say back to them "I think you have the wrong number here".

It turned out that the customers were trying to get hold of a company called Marconi Pensions whose number ends with -5400. I'm not sure how easy it is to confuse -5544 with -5400 :-)

We had a spare phone next to a computer workstation that was only ever used for rare outgoing calls. No-one would call it as it wasn't anyone's desk.

We then had a spate of calls to this line, all expecting it to be a furniture shop, and to begin with they took a lot of persuading they had the wrong number, or there was a misprint in a catalogue somewhere.

We used to take it in turns to answer the 'furniture store' calls - it was nice to be aware even before taking the call the amount of confusion likely to appear seconds later.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Had a bit of an odd thing the other day. I was tidying around near the changing room and a woman comes out of them, having just tried on some stuff... and she looks at me and says 'Oh I wish you'd been here a minute ago, I wanted to see what these look like' (holding up a garment)... :eek2: She then just wandered off to the till... I still have no idea what she meant.

Maybe she wanted someone elses opinion on what the clothes looked like on her :) unless you're talking about a bra or something which is indeed weird.
  • Options
    So the shopping centre fire alarm goes off which in turn sets off every shops fire alarm, cue lots of people talking loudly or covering their ears.

It's also funny how many people refuse to leave your store or get out of the changing room in a quick fashion when the fire alarm goes off. People just don't seem to care. After my workmate whipped out with " sorry i cant serve you the fire alarm is going off you have to leave the store " people started to turn and walk away, not this young couple god no they moved aside for everyone then walked upto the desk followed by some dodgy looking guy who we instantly agree'd looked like he was ready to nick the stuff he was holding, again with the fire alarm going off loudly they want served.

When it comes to customer's you cant help think " What the FUCK !? " Common sense goes completely when you are a customer it seems.

and something that REALLY bugs me. Store opening hours ? 9am - 6pm. Simple enough, you have 9 hours to shop. So why is it that SO MANY people insist on wanting to shop for stuff AFTER 6pm when we are trying to get everyone out, and why so damn rude to me because i won't let you in when OUR TILLS ARE GOING OFF you !

It's actually at a point where people will get on their hands and knee's, hell they'll lay flat on their back and somehow STILL get under the shutter only to be told VERY sharply " We're closed ! ".

But at the end of the day without all these idiots, a LOT of then genuily stupid we wouldnt be able to have a laugh about it all.
  • Options
    and something that REALLY bugs me. Store opening hours ? 9am - 6pm. Simple enough, you have 9 hours to shop. So why is it that SO MANY people insist on wanting to shop for stuff AFTER 6pm when we are trying to get everyone out, and why so damn rude to me because i won't let you in when OUR TILLS ARE GOING OFF you !

It's actually at a point where people will get on their hands and knee's, hell they'll lay flat on their back and somehow STILL get under the shutter only to be told VERY sharply " We're closed ! ".

Yeah that really annoys me to! It's like on a Sunday ALL the shops are only open 10-4, so why do people come out shopping at like 3.30? Plus there are announcements every five minutes from 3.45 onwards saying the store is closing, yet 4.05 you'll still get people having a good browse with no intention of leaving. So you approach them and say - "is there anything I can help you with at all because we're actually closed now" and they just wave you away and carry on looking! I think its rude, they wouldn't expect to be able to enter a shop before it opens in the morning so why do they think its acceptable to delay all the staff at the end of the day? We can't begin cashing up until the store is secure and all the customers have left, so even though I only get paid until 4pm sometimes we don't get out the store till 4.30.
  • Options

I worked a bar thurs, fri, sat, sun, bank holiday nights 7-late for quite a while on minimum wage. I used to come away with £70 in tips on heaving days but these were GIVEN to me by customers, not a rightful reward for doing my job exactly as I was being paid to with good humour and grace.
  • Options
    FireFly85 wrote: »
    Yeah that really annoys me to! It's like on a Sunday ALL the shops are only open 10-4, so why do people come out shopping at like 3.30? Plus there are announcements every five minutes from 3.45 onwards saying the store is closing, yet 4.05 you'll still get people having a good browse with no intention of leaving. So you approach them and say - "is there anything I can help you with at all because we're actually closed now" and they just wave you away and carry on looking! I think its rude, they wouldn't expect to be able to enter a shop before it opens in the morning so why do they think its acceptable to delay all the staff at the end of the day? We can't begin cashing up until the store is secure and all the customers have left, so even though I only get paid until 4pm sometimes we don't get out the store till 4.30.

To be fair the law states shops can trade for up to six hours between the hours of 10am and 6pm on a Sunday. The shops on Oxford Street all trade from 12 noon to 6pm.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote: »

It's also funny how many people refuse to leave your store or get out of the changing room in a quick fashion when the fire alarm goes off. People just don't seem to care.

You'll find a lot of people who have lived in communal buildings have stopped caring about fire alarms with no sign of fire.

Our one in halls went off about 3x a fortnight, I'd amble out because the noise was annoying rather than because of a fire risk.
  • Options