Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid Customers.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Remember guys, these people can vote :eek:

:lol:
  • Options
    WE get some right fucking nut jobs at the hotel.

Atm we have a crazy women with us for 2 weeks, on more than one ocassion she has phoned Reception and demanded for Maintaence to fix the bed side lights, even though I have gone to her room and shown her that there is a switch above her bed to turn them on, she then proceeds to say they're too dark in BROAD daylight and she cannot read, with the certains open and demands for 120W lightbulbs, (we use power saving lightbulbs as a Green policy)

A customer Arrived this morning (part of a conference) and asked for there room at 11AM, I proceeded to explain 11AM is check out time and 2PM is check in, he then demanded his room saying its 11AM and its check out time so why cant he get the key? I swear we was thinking backwards, finally he understood me and demanded we REMOVED said person from the room and clean it by half past 11 so he can enter the room.

I politely told him to shove it. well more of.. "I'm afraid we cannot do that, your room will be ready at 2, I made sure his room was ready last

The amount of guests who ask if the coutesy bus is "FREE" and if they can use it even if they're not GUESTS even though its called the "guest coutosey bus"

the amount of people who phone up saying they were told this amount by this person and so and so, they say a name of someone who doesn't even work here, lol idiots.

there are so many more :(
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Oooo oooo another thing that really really hacks me off - when people pay for a cup of tea with a £20 note, and if they're really lucky I might have a £10 note but the rest ends up in change. Then they go - oh you don't have a fiver?
    I spent two seasons working for the shops at the Haven park. Our cash machines are often stuffed full of £20 notes. Because of the transation fees, a lot of people withdraw huge amounts of money in one go, meaning they've got nothing but twenties on them. This poses real problems for shops, and especially for the bars. The number of fivers and tenners that we went through in a single day is disturbingly high. The nightmare is worst in bars and pubs, where people often buy one or two drinks, price coming up to about £4, and paying with a £20. When one person does it, it's no problem. When everyone does it, you need a massive supply of smaller notes to compensate.

I decided one day last year to do a bit of research into this. I asked the Bank of England how many £5 notes are in circulation. They tell me there are around 220 million of them in circulation at any one time. They also keep 200 million in storage. The notes stay in ciruclation for one year at most, usually because they deteriorate in quality very quickly - people just don't look after their money when they've got it. It would suggest that there's just over three fivers for every person in the country. However, can you remember any occasion when you had three fivers in your wallet? Nope. I have one if I'm lucky. I don't mind carrying pound coins - they're far more useful to me than notes - but some people get really hacked off by it. The people who get pissed off are usually middle-aged men who can't be arsed to buy a wallet, who know that they'll lose the coins in their pockets.

The Bank of England also tell me that there just over one billion £20 notes in circulation. This is a year in which they're changing the old twenties for new ones, and changing a billion of them is an astronomical task. With there being so many twenties, this explains why, when you go to a cash machine, you often get nothing but twenties. There's a mix of reasons - shops are holding onto smaller notes where they can, and the banks have also been accused of hogging them. They all deny the charge, incidentally. Some seem to give out more tenners from their ATMs than others, suggesting they're rather stung by this criticism.

Anyway, just a bit of insight into the subject.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »

I decided one day last year to do a bit of research into this. I asked the Bank of England how many £5 notes are in circulation. They tell me there are around 220 million of them in circulation at any one time. They also keep 200 million in storage. The notes stay in ciruclation for one year at most, usually because they deteriorate in quality very quickly - people just don't look after their money when they've got it. It would suggest that there's just over three fivers for every person in the country. However, can you remember any occasion when you had three fivers in your wallet? Nope. I have one if I'm lucky. I don't mind carrying pound coins - they're far more useful to me than notes - but some people get really hacked off by it. The people who get pissed off are usually middle-aged men who can't be arsed to buy a wallet, who know that they'll lose the coins in their pockets.

They also told me that there just over one billion £20 notes in circulation. This is a year in which they're changing the old twenties for new ones, and changing a billion of them is an astronomical task. With there being so many twenties, this is why, when you go to a cash machine, you often get nothing but twenties. Banks have previously been accused of holding onto smaller notes. Some seem to give out more tenners from their ATMs than others, compounding the problem.

• Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    You've far too much time on your hands
    Do you really have nothing better to do than going round the boards, making snide comments about me? I would suggest you're actually the one with too little to do.
  • Options
    Yeah fair enough :thumb:
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Ringing up moaning because he hadn't got sound, and he should have sound, upon investigation he had unplugged the speakers and forgot to plug them back in - This guy is supposed to be running the company! Fucking idiot.

Oh my life!! I feel/share your pain!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I decided one day last year to do a bit of research into this. I asked the Bank of England how many £5 notes are in circulation.

I don't know of a cash machine that dispenses 5 pound notes, so while interesting the figures aren't directly relevant to that issue. the 10 pound figure, on the other hand....
  • Options
    There used to be one in Cotteridge that dished out fivers, gone now though.
  • Options
    I must have been about twelve/eleven last time I saw fivers from a cash point
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I don't know of a cash machine that dispenses 5 pound notes

Both of the cash machines at Huddersfield Uni dispense fivers.
  • Options
    From working in a call centre -

Customer asks me (after 15 minutes speaking to me) if he's been speaking to India today. Does it sound like you're speaking to bloody India?

Old biddy who's daughter text her and she doesn't know how to open it. Spend 25 minutes getting her to open it (an achievment, considering she didn't listen to a word I said and didn't know what a keypad was) so she says thanks, and I ask her if there's anything else I can help her with. Of course, now she wants to know how to send one back. An hour and a half spent explaining how to text, and of course she wants to use proper words, punctuation and a long thing not far off War and Peace :mad:

From working in the bingo -

The bloke who threatened to go to trading standards because our menu displayed jumbo sausages instead of the two smaller ones we had for sale.

Customers who accused me of lying and stealing, because I gave them change off a tenner when they said they give me a twenty when they bought their bingo books. Every time this happened, the CCTV proved me right, and not once did I get an apology like I'd have had to give to them if I'd fucked up.

Have to admit that I've fucked up a few times though. One night this old couple came in first to buy their books, gave me a twenty and I checked it with the note checker pen. It marked all over it, so I said to my supervisor it was a dodgy note, the old couple looked horrified. Managers and everything came down, the queue behind them was out of the door, but it turned out in the end that instead of using the special note checker pen, I'd actually used a black marker instead :o
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »

Yeah, the barclays cashpoint at UEA gives them out. So does the barclays bank cashpoint in Forest Hill, or at least, it used to.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    turned out in the end that instead of using the special note checker pen, I'd actually used a black marker instead :o

Ahahahaha red face :D
  • Options
    One thing that really annoys me, is when I'm on the fitting room, I already have something in my hand, the customer doesn't wait for me to put it down and hands me 3 items of clothing, none of which are on hangers... followed by two other people who do the same. Is it that hard to put clothes on a bloody hanger?

I had an even stupider thing today... a girl tried on a pair of trousers and a top (take a moment to imagin the different types of hangers for this situation). She didn't want either of them and baffelingly put the top on the trousers hanger and the trousers on the top hanger... :eek2: If you're going to bother putting them back at all... why do it this way... I'm sure it must have been a lot more effort as well.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lu_C wrote: »
    One thing that really annoys me, is when I'm on the fitting room, I already have something in my hand, the customer doesn't wait for me to put it down and hands me 3 items of clothing, none of which are on hangers... followed by two other people who do the same. Is it that hard to put clothes on a bloody hanger?
    I always put them back, but if somebody working there sees me, they stop me (politely) and say that I don't have to do it, they will.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    , but it turned out in the end that instead of using the special note checker pen, I'd actually used a black marker instead :o

ah ha ha. funneh
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »

That's lucky! I'd love a fiver dispenser because I'm forever taking out unneccessary tenners. I can't think of one cash machine in Edinburgh that dispenses fivers.
  • Options
    I always put them back, but if somebody working there sees me, they stop me (politely) and say that I don't have to do it, they will.

:yes: I do that when it's not busy and there's not a lot to do. But these people do this on a Saturday when I actually don't have enough hands and heads to do everything at once... There's two people on fitting room on a Saturday and we still can't sort all the clothes out as fast as we're being given them.
  • Options
    There's a couple in Cambridge that do, and I've sure I've seen them on campuses I've been to for competitions, it's probably a student thing.
  • Options
    Just remembered my most irritating stupid customer story ever. Can't believe I forgot this one.

Was working at the pool not long before Easter, and was up on my highchair in the usual bored witless struggling to stay awake state we're in by mid morning on an early shift when the Duty managers head appears at my feet (she was leaning through the gap between the cubicles) looking really panicked saying 'Jenni I need you now'.

So I dutifully bleep the alarm to say I'm leaving poolside and trot off after her, assuming she's jammed the vending machine again or the regional managers coming and she needs help to bodge things before he gets here.

No no, I get told to deal with a blue baby while she calls the ambulance.

So I walk into the family changing room to see a mum with her swim suit around her waist (and wearing nothing else :rolleyes: ) cuddling a little toddler (she's 20 months) who is really rather blue. Mum is completely panicking as her daughter isn't fully conscious, and she's decided it's alll her own fault.

Asked what had happened, well she'd done her swimming lesson (30mins) and then stayed in another half hour and then while she was getting her dressed she noticed she was blue and not very with it.

So I deal with the kid, wrap her up and hug to to me, ascertain she's fine other than cold and keep her close to me (dry and warm) and try and persuade her mum to put some clothes on before the ambulance gets here as she's going to look bloody daft in A&E in half a swim suit.....

Ambulance turns up, by which point I've done my stuff and kid is fine, but needs a check up at the hospital because of what had happened and off she and mum (finally with some clothes on) go in the ambulance.

Our follow up phone call reveals that kid is fine (thank you very much, I'd done my stuff perfectly) and that she is going to complain to the council and health and safety because it's all our fault her kid got cold and she had to deal with the trauma.

She'd had a 20 month kid in the water for an HOUR ffs, the guidance is 15 mins or max of 30 mins if it's a lesson. To have got to the state that her daughter was in the kid must have first shivered a bit, shivered a lot, her lips gone blue, her toes gone blue, her hands gone blue, her feet gone blue, before the rest of her did and she starting heading towards unconscious.

But it's all our fault. Tit.

Half wishing I'd not reassured her while she was panicking and just told her it was her fault then and left her to arrive at a&e with no clothes on.
  • Options
    I get a lot of people coming in asking me things as if I'm a fuckin information service.

Customer: "Hi, do you know where I can find one of those wee tartan hats with the red hair attached?" (Note the use of the word "wee" and the woman was american!)

Me: "Eh, sorry I don't really know"

Also people who see me at the very bottom of my department or see me pushing a transporter full of bedding or vases and hold up a pair of trousers and go "Do you have these in a 32 inch waist?" WHAT THE FUCK! THIS IS A HOME AND LIGHTING DEPARTMENT!

One woman even went as far as to say I had appalling customer service manners because I told her I didn't know and if she asked the girl 20 steps away she would tell her.
  • Options
    Just remembered my most irritating stupid customer story ever. Can't believe I forgot this one.

Was working at the pool not long before Easter, and was up on my highchair in the usual bored witless struggling to stay awake state we're in by mid morning on an early shift when the Duty managers head appears at my feet (she was leaning through the gap between the cubicles) looking really panicked saying 'Jenni I need you now'.

So I dutifully bleep the alarm to say I'm leaving poolside and trot off after her, assuming she's jammed the vending machine again or the regional managers coming and she needs help to bodge things before he gets here.

No no, I get told to deal with a blue baby while she calls the ambulance.

So I walk into the family changing room to see a mum with her swim suit around her waist (and wearing nothing else :rolleyes: ) cuddling a little toddler (she's 20 months) who is really rather blue. Mum is completely panicking as her daughter isn't fully conscious, and she's decided it's alll her own fault.

Asked what had happened, well she'd done her swimming lesson (30mins) and then stayed in another half hour and then while she was getting her dressed she noticed she was blue and not very with it.

So I deal with the kid, wrap her up and hug to to me, ascertain she's fine other than cold and keep her close to me (dry and warm) and try and persuade her mum to put some clothes on before the ambulance gets here as she's going to look bloody daft in A&E in half a swim suit.....

Ambulance turns up, by which point I've done my stuff and kid is fine, but needs a check up at the hospital because of what had happened and off she and mum (finally with some clothes on) go in the ambulance.

Our follow up phone call reveals that kid is fine (thank you very much, I'd done my stuff perfectly) and that she is going to complain to the council and health and safety because it's all our fault her kid got cold and she had to deal with the trauma.

She'd had a 20 month kid in the water for an HOUR ffs, the guidance is 15 mins or max of 30 mins if it's a lesson. To have got to the state that her daughter was in the kid must have first shivered a bit, shivered a lot, her lips gone blue, her toes gone blue, her hands gone blue, her feet gone blue, before the rest of her did and she starting heading towards unconscious.

But it's all our fault. Tit.

Half wishing I'd not reassured her while she was panicking and just told her it was her fault then and left her to arrive at a&e with no clothes on.
    Poor baby and stupid woman complaining.
  • Options
    We had some stupid customers when I worked in a certain large size clothong store. The one who always asked what we had that was glittery and just brought stuff from one particular range. She also tried tankinis on and would open the curtains and ask the fitting room girls what they though.

The rudest customer I has was one who came in fairly early one morning. She was trying tops on, about two sizes too small and complained quite rudely that I was lying about the size of the clothes and that the label was incorrect. I felt tempted to tell her to not try to squeeze into clothes too small for her.

I luckily dont have deal with customers any more (well once in a blue moon) but credit controllers are EVIL. (Sorry if anyone is, and I've done myself, but they are the rudest people ever.) Its a case of "I know we owe you money, I look after the purchase ledger but my boss who vetos and authorises the payments has deciced not to pay you until 60 days instead of 30, no point shooting the messenger"
  • Options
    I had a b*stard on the phone earlier. They were from another branch of the bookstore and wanted us to transfer a book.

I didn't want to, because we lose the money and the book was selling pretty well - didn't look like we'd be able to get it from the publisher again.

I also don't like doing stock transfers because they take a long time, so gave the standard offer of posting it directly to the customer so that we could take the sale. The customer needs the book by Friday, I said that I can't guarantee it by Friday unless we post it to them directly (bureaucracy interferes with transfers and they can take weeks). The other bookseller insisted that the customer wouldn't accept that. I wouldn't have minded, but he was really rude about it.

Why not?! It's the only way to guarantee delivery on the time scale they wanted and it's exactly the same price. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i had a bloke yesterday he came over to me as my colleague had sent him to me. i work for the co-op in the food department.

customer: hiya i've been sent to you to ask about buying a hoover. would you be able to ring the moorland centre and ask what they do.

(the moorland do electrical but that would make them part of the electrical department, not food)

me: yes what are you looking for

customer: one with a bag, i don't like dysons

i ring the other store, explain i have a customer enquiring, they go through a brief desciption of their range. i put the phone down and repeat what i was told to the customer

customer: so is that a hoover with a bag?

me: yes

Customer: is it a stand up one?

me: i don't know, we are the food department, all i know is what they have just told me

customer still continues askin a fuck load of questions like im meant to know

really pisses me off lol
  • Options
    or another one i hate is on the fag counter

customer: could i buy some cigarettes please?

me: yes what would you like?

customer: i don't know, they're for a friend. they're blue ones

bearing in mind, that could make the L&B smooth, mayfair, windsor blue, richmond, dorchestor blue, berkely blue etc etc.

me: can you see them anywhere?

customer: no what blue ones do you have?

i feel like screaming just fucking look most the fuckin fags are blue!
  • Options

Very scary when that happens. If a customer messes up, we (the business) are always the one to blame!

If a customer has viruses on their PC because they've been downloading porn, Kazaa, Limewire etc, who gets the blame? Of course, I do! Who gets the blame when a customer don't update their virus definitions? I do!
  • Options
    I had a nice encounter with a woman on Saturday. I was carrying a bucket full of ice (which is huge, and bright blue, and is OBVIOUSLY VERY HEAVY), I get halfway across the front counter area, when she says to me from the other side "EXCUSE ME". So I had to stop, and ask her what she wanted, when there were other people standing on the tills who, while also busy, were NOT carrying big blue buckets of ice. Turned out she had a hair on her chips, which is fair enough, but when I said "bear with me for a second then I'll sort it out for you", she gave me a really dirty look. It's just like...yes, I'm going to drop this bucket of ice in the middle of the floor to sort out your sodding fries because they've got a hair in them WHICH PROBABLY BELONGS TO YOUR KID ANYWAY.

Blah.

Oh, and on the £5 note thing, the Barclays in Colchester dispenses fivers from the cash machine inside, but other than that...;(.
  • Options
    It wasn't a customer as such, but I was staffing the Scout county hiking comp over the weekend and at the end one of the leaders arrived and proceeded to rant at about why had I let one of her Scouts leave her team and join another in the middle of the Hurt Wood.

Yes, in the middle of the Hurt Wood, where they were walking as teams. A good 5 miles away from where I was.

Explained this, she agreed it was beyond my control that she had swapped teams in the middle of the woods, and then started to rant about why didn't I know which team she had gone with.

Funnily enough because that piece of information was also in the middle of the woods.

This continued for a while before I told her to go and sort her Scouts out and maybe in future not enter teams she couldn't trust to stick together.

:banghead: