Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid Customers.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oooh I remember one from when I was in a charity shop; a customer who clearly didn't fully get the concept.

C: Do you have any beanie babies?
    M: There aren't any out, I'll just see if any are waiting to go onto the shop floor.
    M: No, sorry, we don't have any at all.
    C: When will you be getting some in?
  • Options
    And another charity shop classic;

C: Do you have any size 14, black trousers?
    M: Let me check the rail.
    M: It doesn't seem like we do; there might be some waiting to be priced, bear with me.
    M: I'm afraid we don't, no.
    C: Don't you have any in the back?
    M: I don't know, the clothes out there haven't been sorted.
    C: Will you go and check?
    [I explain the situation and sheer mountain of clothes that need sorting]
    C: So they are being sorted? So if there are any, they'll be out there?
    M: Yes, but they aren't accessible.
    [Cue long, circular discussion]

In the end I showed her the back room full of bin liners of clothes. She shut up.
  • Options
    Oh god I had the most idiotic customer yesterday

C: Packet of peanuts please
    M : £1 please
    C: *holds out card*
    M: sorry we don't take cards under £5
    C: WHAT?! *outraged*
    M: actually a lot of bars have this rule *under breath* its to stop idiots like you trying to pay for a packet of peanuts with their card

Customer, umming and ahhing, spends about 5 minutes adding stuff she doesn't really want to take it up to £5. Finally I take her card. It has a mans name on it and she has boobs. Check with manager that I am right to decline card on the basis that it clearly doesn't belong to her. Walk over to explain that she can't use it but notice that she is increadibly manly. Oh god what if it IS her card?! Not sure what to say, finally I venture "who's card is this?". She answers its her fiancees. A likely story since her and her lesbox friend have been all over each other all night. By this time I am laughing my tits off and tell her she can't use it. She says ok thats fine she'll just go borrow some money off her friend to pay for the stuff :eek2: WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE FOR THE £1 BAG OF PEANUTS YOU FOOL!? :lol:
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    Another thing that annoys me is when people sit and eat half their meal on the little bench we have for waiting. It's a TAKEAWAY....your supposed to TAKE IT AWAY. Flippin idiots.

:D
  • Options
    I used to work in Poundland. Naturally, the idiotic teenagers asking the price of things is to be expected. When the half price sale is on though, you don't expect people to genuinely ask what the price of stuff is, yet how often it happened. Clearly there are a lot of thick twats about.

When I worked in a call centre people used to struggle with the concept of 'temporarily out of stock' and 'permanently out of stock'. "So, when will you be getting more in?" was the standard follow up to both statements. They also struggled to understand that all the charity magazines that had the same fucking products were run by the same fucking company and so if they were out of stock with one charity then they were going to be out of stock with another. I could talk to the same people three times in the space of 10 minutes and strangely enough the product was out of stock with all fucking three charity mags.
  • Options
    We had an anti-BNP group in celebrating last night, and one kept going on about the "fascist twats" at the BNP. I agree with him, but it was pissing me right off, because he blatantly didn't have a clue, and was trying to get me into a political discussion. He seemed positively surprised when I explained to him the flaw in his question "do you like black people?"
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Oh god I had the most idiotic customer yesterday

C: Packet of peanuts please
    M : £1 please
    C: *holds out card*
    M: sorry we don't take cards under £5
    C: WHAT?! *outraged*
    M: actually a lot of bars have this rule *under breath* its to stop idiots like you trying to pay for a packet of peanuts with their card

Don't most shops have this rule as well?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Yes. Whenever anyone pays for something on a credit or debit card, the company that processes the payments takes a fee, and the bank makes some money out of it as well, I believe. I'm not entirely sure where the exact £5 limit originates. As far as I'm aware, the fees do not add up to a fiver. Also, the shop does not have immediate access to your money. It's withdrawn from your account immediately, and the bank holds onto it to make sure everything is above board before giving the shop the money, post-deduction of fees.
  • Options

:no:

The £5 limit only really applies to small pubs and shops. Tesco's and pub chains will let you pay on debit/credit card for any amount.

There is a new system due to start in London this autumn. Whereby if your bill is less than £10 you can just touch your debit/credit card over a sensor (bit like the Oyster system) and it will debit your card without the need for a signature or pin number. This system will roll out around the UK at the end of the year I believe.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Ahhh, stupid customers, I deal with so many on a daily basis that if I didn't laugh, I'd never stop crying! I'm a Subway franchisee and while the majority of our customers love the food and know exactly how to order etc, there are always plenty who refuse to differentiate between Subway and your average sandwich shop and get horribly confused and arsey over each question you ask them.

Some favourites we get on a daily basis:

"What's the difference between the Six-inch and the Footlong?"

"How big's the Footlong?"

"Which bread would you like?"
    "I'm not fussed, just give me any"
    "How about Italian Herbs and Cheese?"
    "But I don't like cheese!"

Can I have the Chicken and Bacon without the bacon??

"Would you like that toasted?"
    "What do you mean?"
    (we seriously get asked this a lot)

"Which salads would you like?"
    "Salad"
    "A bit of everything then?"
    "No, just salad"

or

"I'll have everything please"
    then when we start putting everything on...
    "er, I didn't want any of those"

There are plenty more, but half of them are only funny to those who have ever worked in Subway and also the list is rather a long one!
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Just to start my ranting off because I should really be preparing a presentation on flight controls..

Ah getting to grips with the finer details of a up/down gearstick :p

I'm joking of course. Having seen how many bells and whistles are in the cockpit I wouldn't have a clue. :D
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Having seen how many bells and whistles are in the cockpit I wouldn't have a clue. :D

There's bells and whistles in a vagina ?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Am working on the theory that the people I'm giving the presentation to, won't really know what I'm on about so can't argue.. but that leaves the problem that they'll sit looking at me bemused :nervous:
    "...and this is the button to press in case we fall in the ocean and are about to die, and the plane will turn into a boat. They never use it though, the electricity cost is too high".
  • Options
    Have You people never been a customer?? So what if they asked You if You worked here You get paid ffs.
  • Options
    Am working on the theory that the people I'm giving the presentation to, won't really know what I'm on about so can't argue.. but that leaves the problem that they'll sit looking at me bemused :nervous:

Or thinking, 'Ooooo, nice tits' :D
  • Options
    Have You people never been a customer?? So what if they asked You if You worked here You get paid ffs.

That still doesn't make the customers any less stupid.
  • Options
    i used to get in trouble off management alot for being sarcastic and patronising when asked stupid questions.

can't remember any funny comments at the moment tho :(
  • Options
    99% of the people I deal with are idiots.

Member of public:Are you going to put a parking ticket on that car?
    Me:No, i'm not a traffic warden
    MOP:So, are they going to get a ticket?
    me:No, like I said i'm not a traffic warden, I don't issue parking tickets
    MOP:So, why don't you ask them to move
    Me:Because I'm not a fucking warden, FUCK OFF.

Or at road blocks, where I've deliberately put my van across 2 lanes of road
    MOP:What's happened?
    Me:Accident
    MOP:Can i get through?
    Me:No, road's blocked
    MOP:Tries to drive around anyway
    Me:THE ROAD IS FUCKING BLOCKED
    MOP:Sorry, I didnt realise

Then you get the people whining at you about how late they're going to be, despite being told that there are 3 cars worth of debris and carnage all over the road.
  • Options
    Are you lot being serious? Or do you just deal with some idiots? :confused:
  • Options
    Are you lot being serious? Or do you just deal with some idiots? :confused:

We are being serious and no they're not idiots, they're called the general public :D
  • Options
    when i'm standing/sitting behind the checkout and a customer approaches you and says 'are you serving?'. umm, i wouldn't be there just for the fun of it would i. :yeees:

in all fairness though, the amount of times i've gone to a till only to be told "sorry, i'm not serving now, i'm just waiting to cash up" is unreal......

or "can you use the other till please"

anyhoo, to the OP

Customer: 10 Lambert Please
    Me: You got any ID?
    Customer: Me?
    Me: Yes, do you have any?
    Customer: I need ID?

well, yes, or I wouldnt have asked

Customer: Can I have 2 Lucky Dips?
    Me: There U go....*hand over lucky dips*
    Customer: I wanted them seperate

Being Psychic ISN'T in my job description

Customer: Are these bottles of coke 2 for £1.20

Yes, hence there being a big massive sign saying so right in front of them
  • Options
    Granted. But it just makes me giggle. I don't mind being asked if I work there it's just when it's blatantly obvious I do, I wonder if someone couldn't have more imagination as a conversation opener.
  • Options
    customer : do you have any shirts in my neck size?
    me : yeh, probably, what size are you
    customer : i don't know.

well how am i supposed to know if you don't?

haha, i love the "do you work here" line.

i've had it when i've been stood at the top of a ladder with a pile of clothes over my arm
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've had so many where you tell them something they just repeat it like your stupid.

Moron: "I want to rent a car."
    Me: "OK, any ideas where or when you want to rent?"
    Moron: "No."

duhhhh
  • Options
    I didn't realise what complete and utter fucking idiots the vast majority of the public are until I got a job working in customer service.

Highlights:

- a man who did not know his date of birth. We thought it was a fraudster trying his luck, but after further checks it emerged that he was actually just an utter dunce.

- a woman who refused to answer any security questions, screamed, 'NOSY BITCH!' at me and slammed down the phone.

- Could I take your card number please?
    Is that the long number on my card?
    :yes:

- a man who did not accept that when he used his credit card to pay for things, he would have to pay the money back, and insisted that his bank manager had given him it as a gift. :thumb:

Happy times.
  • Options
    We've got in house customers for our current project at work, who are just down the corridoor from us.

They've just tried to tell us we can't have any of the information we've asked for until tomorrow because so and so isn't in today.

It's a shame we can see him sitting in his office every time we walk down the corridoor.....

If you're going to lie, at least make it convincing!
  • Options
    When I worked in Cineworld, I had a customer ask me "Whats the difference between the cheese & salsa nachos and the normal ones"

Errrrm.....the cheese and salsa maybe?

Also, this wasn't my customer, but when I was in Borders, I did hear this guy ask for an exchange on his book on Dinosaurs. As usual, the checkout guy (really cute) asked: "Was there anything wrong with it?".
    The guy said "Oh, its all drawings of dinosaurs, I wanted photographs".
    Me and the checkout guy both looked at each other and tried not to laugh.I kind of felt bad...didn't know wether to explain that cameras werent invented at the dawn of time or just leave him..
  • Options
    I'm so glad I don't work in a pub or bar anymore.

Why do blokes think it is so hilarious to say: "can I have a carling, darling?" :mad: :rolleyes: ..as if they are the only person to have ever been original enough to think of it.

"Keep the change luv"..and it's a 2p piece.

Moaning about the price of drinks. It's not as though I set them myself.
  • Options
    An absolute classic from today:

"Are the meatballs vegetarian?"
    "No, I'm afraid they aren't"
    "Well why not?"

Er, because of the tiny little fact that they are MEATballs. I'm even a vegetarian myself and this annoyed the hell out of me!
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Or at road blocks, where I've deliberately put my van across 2 lanes of road
    MOP:What's happened?
    Me:Accident
    MOP:Can i get through?
    Me:No, road's blocked
    MOP:Tries to drive around anyway
    Me:THE ROAD IS FUCKING BLOCKED
    MOP:Sorry, I didnt realise

There was an accident down my road yesterday and some woman tried to get past the police car blocking the road. She got a nice big blast from the (very pissed off looking) police woman's horn. I lol-ed ;d.