Home› General Chat› Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What have you done today to make you feel proud? đź’•

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2022
    This sounds great. Well done @Dancer. How does your hair feel now? Hopefully, your hair feels a lot better now! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    It definitely feels much better. Much easier to brush and feels smoother. I struggle to be able to wash my hair by myself so I need to get help with it so it doesn't always get done as much as it should.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I think everyone on these boards should be proud of the community you've all created here, coming back to The Mix after Christmas it's just heart-warming seeing how well the people on here have taken care of each other and just been wonderful people all around. :blush:
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Dancer

I am glad to hear your hair feels better! Always nice to have smooth feeling hair after the hairdressers :3
  • Options
    Hi @Riley

Welcome back! It really has been a supportive space. What such a wonderful community we have indeed :3

How was your Christmas break? I hope you had a restful Christmas break and a happy new year :3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Zay This is incredible! Well done!! I'm so proud of you!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    I am so proud of you @Zay! I always knew and said you could do it :3
  • Options
    FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Well done @Zay that's amazing!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I knew you would @Zay! This is the best news ever though. I am really proud of you and happy for you. I knew all your efforts would pay off. Congratulations on your offer too! How amazing :3
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Got up and went for a run this morning, only a 3k, but I did not want to go when I woke up so proud of myself for doing it
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @Dandelion - Oh wow! Well done for going for the run. How do you feel after doing a 3k? :3

@Zay - Yay, well done! I knew you would do amazing. All of your efforts paid off :3
  • Options
    @Dandelion - Oh wow! Well done for going for the run. How do you feel after doing a 3k? :3

@Zay - Yay, well done! I knew you would do amazing. All of your efforts paid off :3

Eh pretty good because I actually went, but annoyed I didn’t go further, will try again on Thursday
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    I think it is amazing that you even went for a run @Dandelion! I can guarantee you I never go for a run. Certainly not in the mornings or when I don't feel like it. Make sure you recognise your achievements and be kind to yourself :3
  • Options
    I just ran a 10k for the first time ever 🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Options
    On Friday I got a letter confirming that I got a place in the sixth form at my school. I now need to choose what subjects I want to do for A-Level by the end of next week.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    I am so proud of you @Dandelion and @Dancer. You have both done amazing things! I know you have both made progress on your goals. How confident are you currently feeling about choosing your A-Level subjects @Dancer? :)
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Super proud of everyone in this thread 🎉 Sounds like you're smashing it, big or small! <3

@Dancer well done of getting into sixth form! I remember you being super worried about that last year, so this is huge <3
  • Options
    Adam_SAdam_S Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    woke up my mum and sis because they were late for work
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Phoned GP. I’ve needed to do it for a while, to have a review of my meds and also to update on how I’ve been feeling lately. It was a different GP which was a bit worrying but she was really nice, she really listened too and she’s booked me an appointment with a mental health nurse.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
  • Options
    @Emma_ - Aww thank you so much! We are all really proud of you too :3

@Adam_S – Well done for waking up your mum and sister. I am sure they really appreciated that. It sounds like you waking them up meant that they could get to work! Really important and supportive of you :3

@independent_ - I am really proud of you for managing to find the courage to reach out to your GP. How did the review go? It sounds stressful that it was with a different GP but really glad to hear they were also supportive. Good luck with your appointment with the mental health nurse. Please feel free to let us know how you get on! :3

@Zay - Yay! I am really proud of you for managing to decide on your university choices. It is really important that this was with careful consideration as you deserve the best possible experience. It was really nice of you to make tea for your grandparents and how lovely that they both enjoyed it too! :3
  • Options
    I've finished the first draft of my dissertation. It's still a far way off been finished but im so proud of what I've done so far
  • Options
    Didn't completely freak out when an argument (that was very close to becoming a fight if the teachers didn't immediately intervene) happened at school today.
  • Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Managed to sit today mocks without panicking
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2022
    Went to my compatibility meeting. Really helpful. Said everything I wanted to say/needed to say. At points I found it very hard to get my words out but was very patient so i managed to say everything. The other manager who did it last time wouldn’t wait, probably cause he felt bad for me but I just need time.

Feel so so much better now I’ve been completely honest with how I am feeling and made plans for how they can support me and what I had do in times of distress.

I was very worried I’d be left alone with it all again.

Literally feel like weight has been lifted.

And I am very proud of myself
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I did my role play for Health and Social Care today. I did the part of a care assistant in an elderly care home and I helped an elderly woman who was having problems getting her cardigan on due to a problem with her joints (it was all just role play.)