Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Well done @Morgan007 thats a big step! and @Amy22 im glad you have been relaxing a bit. No better time to do it then the Easter hols.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 825 Part of The Mix Family
    I made communication cards.

Someone sugested using them a while ago but i felt embarassed and shot the idea down.

Theres been a few times where people who dont know me that well have tried to help but i couldnt comunicate what i needed or sometimes tell them i just needed space.

So i finally pushed aside my insecurities about this, did my research and made some cards.
    Im still struggling with it but making the cards is progress even if i dont use them.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    SpaceOtter wrote: »
    I made communication cards.

Someone sugested using them a while ago but i felt embarassed and shot the idea down.

Theres been a few times where people who dont know me that well have tried to help but i couldnt comunicate what i needed or sometimes tell them i just needed space.

So i finally pushed aside my insecurities about this, did my research and made some cards.
    Im still struggling with it but making the cards is progress even if i dont use them.

@SpaceOtter ahh that is sooo awesome! So proud of you for taking that step to create them. Keep us posted how it goes using them <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    I actually put some clothes on today rather than just hanging about in my pyjamas.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    I started to work on my final project ready for when I go back after Easter. I think to be honest going through my day probably idk
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    @Dancer - As much as PJS are fabulous, it can make us feel better sometimes can't it to get dressed properly. How did you feel when you put some clothes on, rather than some PJS? :)

@Amy22 - It sounds like you are doing such a good job at starting to work on your final project. How are you feeling about your final project at the moment? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Dancer - As much as PJS are fabulous, it can make us feel better sometimes can't it to get dressed properly. How did you feel when you put some clothes on, rather than some PJS? :)

@Amy22 - It sounds like you are doing such a good job at starting to work on your final project. How are you feeling about your final project at the moment? :)

I'm feeling okay but I am a bit behind lol I need to catch up a bit really.
  • Options
    You have a whole term for that @Amy22, and only 3 days' holiday. I know it is harder to see that when you are a student and you have that pressure on your shoulders but I am glad you are feeling okay :)
  • Options
    We are really proud of you @Morgan007. Opening up the curtains can be really difficult when you are in a difficult and dark place! <3
  • Options
    I started making the eyes for my crochet plushie today :)
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Okay so this may not seem like much but today I managed not to feel too bad about myself, like I could actually look at my own reflection for once
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Went to the hair dressers for first time today. Got my hair shorter because of damaged hair
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Amy22 - Yay! I am excited to see your crochet plushie if you want to share your crochet plushie with us :)

@JJLemon18 - That's huge, well done you! Really happy for you :)

@Siobhan - How are you feeling about going to the hairdresser and having your hair shorter? :)
  • Options
    jess63 wrote: »
    Applied for the London Marathon for next year 😬 now just to wait and see if I get in

That's amazing!!. I'll have to look out for you if you do get in :)
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @JJLemon18 - That's huge, well done you! Really happy for you :)
    Thanks! Tho it would have been nice if it lasted for more than just a day haha :sweat_smile:
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    I managed to talk to.my friend about filming and they want to help me out
  • Options
    I started to draw again for a animatic I am doing my college project. I used to copy drawings and I ended becoming stressed cause of the mistakes I made from doing it. I decided to give myself a second chance at drawing and it felt nice actually to get back into it.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Laine Thanks for proposing. I'll share mine: good progress on the project today.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 585 Incredible Poster
    i actually revised for a science test i had, usually i dont revise
    i dont wanna be alone forever.
  • Options
    I managed to use some of my skills doing work experience and I was able to log down all the times properly for the live broadcast :)
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    ik this isn't much but i finally cleaned my room!! and i mean i actually tidied it (and reorganised half of it, which was a bad idea in this heat because by the end of it i felt like i was gonna pass out). i'm so happy now because i can't stand being disorganised and now i know where everything issss!! :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I realised that I've reached a point where I genuinely feel better in my own body andddd I had 2 trigger foods without behaviours !!!
  • Options
    In my Performance lesson, we were using a stretchy elastic thing as part of our group piece. The teacher said that I didn't have to do the part of wrapping myself in it if I don't feel comfortable as she could see how anxious I was but instead I actually joined in with it.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
    I completely threw away and got rid of the pills I was storing for months - I feel so much more relaxed and relieved now thats over
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Started volunteering with guides and I’m really enjoying it . My references have all be done now just waiting for my DBS to be sorted
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I had my show at school yesterday.
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
    Starting to go to the gym 6 times a week again, focusing on losing a wee bit of weight and building up all my muscle again