Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @libbystrawberry That's actually super great to acknowledge! I'm proud of you!
    You might want to just delete the 'yet', is isn't gonna help anyone by being there ;)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    I got my drivers license test scheduled for tomorrow!!
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    i finally texted my friend back after putting it off for a couple of weeks!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,995 Community Veteran
    I went on a free makeup course in my college and I now know how to apply sfx makeup
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    (Yesterday so Friday). I went to work & meet up with my sister. After a night out, I made sure I still went to work even though it was a 8am start. I felt awful the whole shift but I made it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Received my final assignment mark of first year and I’m pleased to say I’ve passed and am progressing into second year

Very proud of you!!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Brushing my teeth has always been a big thing for me sensory wise as I struggle with minty toothpastes and all the flavoured ones are aimed at children BUT I’ve finally found an adult one that I can tolerate
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I had a go at a youtube tutorial on how to make a loom band granny square which is half done and I shall be resuming the tutorial tomorrow :)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    It's a very very small thing but I had a conversation with le partner about having children of our own and he said yes so long as we sort out a few things first. It made me so so happy and excited as it gave me something to look foward to.

That's so lovely to hear! I'm glad that you both were able to talk about it and reach the same page :)
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Received my final assignment mark of first year and I’m pleased to say I’ve passed and am progressing into second year

Congratulations, love to hear that! Have you got any plans to celebrate the end of a successful year?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Today was tough mentally and I didn't sh or b/p.

• Options
    I got an interview for the bbc to do an apprenticeship
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Thats so exciting @Amy22 when is ur interview sending u good luck and positive vibes for it
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    I brushed my hair earlier for the first time in about 4 or 5 days.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Thats so exciting @Amy22 when is ur interview sending u good luck and positive vibes for it

So sorry for responding so late so much has happened since the interview. Well @ebyrne556 I got the job work placement in the end!. I've been there for 3 months now and going back in Jan will be my 4th month with the company. I couldn't have found a nicer job honestly everyone there is super nice and understanding.
  • Options
    Just passed my theory test. First time yay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    Really proud of you @Jellyelephant this made me smile today. This is so exciting!

Congratulations too @Siena! Passing first time is amazing and such a great achievement! I've heard the theory tests are much harder to do now!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Siena wrote: »

Ohh well done! Mines in a few weeks haha are u starting driving lessons now? <3
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Siena wrote: »

Ohh well done! Mines in a few weeks haha are u starting driving lessons now? <3

Yeah I am. I have one on Monday (my first ever) and one Friday and then in March I have an intense corse
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Started my CV to hopefully apply for a job as a youth worker.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    I finished a uni essay I was really struggling with, even though I am ill
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
    pa5a70g72aqh.jpg
    Crazy mad insane