Home Anything Goes Positivity Corner
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

1192021222325»

Comments

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Going to my first face to face interview on my own
    AnneFrypanjungkookDandelion
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan “Stay strong, your story isn’t over yet.”Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    I have made new friends, which I find difficult
    DandelionBrookee
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I submitted my dissertation!!!!! I'm sure there are still some mistakes in it, but I'm so proud of myself for completing it
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Brookee
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Community Champion Posts: 4,479 The Mix Elder
    This is Meredith …. I brought Meredith yesterday as a present to myself to finishing all the teaching content at uni for the first year.

ppywebea3rbd.jpeg
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    JellyelephantBrookeeSiobhan
  • SiobhanSiobhan Posts: 14,450 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Tidying my room
    “ i think that deep down you still think life is worth living. It’s no where near over for you. You’re in pain. The thing you lost, Is the same thing that can stop that pain”
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Community Champion Posts: 4,479 The Mix Elder
    Lovely little card from a patient on the ward I looked after 🥹
    u9842gosd4ac.jpeg
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    DancerJellyelephantEd_
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Community Champion Posts: 6,471 Master Poster
    I have a show today which will be fun but I also feel quite anxious.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    Ed_
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandCommunity Champion Posts: 7,875 Legendary Poster
    Not today specifically, but I didn't quite know where to post this.

Recently I wanted to put my experience to good use and try to help some people. So I applied to volunteer for a helpline (some of you know which one, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say here).

So I applied. Never thought I'd get accepted let alone complete and pass training first time!!!!

I've done a few shifts now and it's amazing to be there to help people in their time of need, I really do know how lonely that time of crisis is, so just to be there for those people is amazing. It's so rewarding.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Ed_
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 995 Part of The Mix Family
    Dancer wrote: »

Hope it went well @Dancer and those anxious feelings didn't hang around too long :3

@independent_ Well done on passing your training and being accepted as a volunteer, such a powerful thing to be able to help others in that way :+1:
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Community Champion Posts: 6,471 Master Poster
    Ed_ wrote: »
    Dancer wrote: »

Hope it went well @Dancer and those anxious feelings didn't hang around too long :3

Thank you. Yeah it went really well and it was definitely something that touched many people. <3 I sort of became famous afterwards haha. Even today, my mum went out somewhere with a friend and someone came over to her and asked if she was my mum and said that she loved the show and that I was really sweet.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,984 Boards Guru
    That sounds really positive @Dancer. It would seem you are aware it is really positive too.

Well done you! We are all really proud of you too :)
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam