Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Finished my Spanish homework
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Well done to all for your amazing achievements! Proud of you all <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Stayed alive
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    And really proud of you @Shaunie. Keep going lovely. If there's anything I can do to support you, please do just let me know <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I became a Master Poster
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Yay, well-done @Dancer <3

You are certainly a Master community member! :3
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I have been volunteering for an organisation called Hullo it’s an organisation that helps tackle isolation by giving everyone over the 18 a free relaxed conversation.
    That sounds wonderful @Durhamjaide :)

Thanks so much for helping people <3
    Make sure you are looking after yourself too @Zay <3

Revision is important and that kind of productivity can make us feel great but it is also important to make sure you are resting :3

If you can't sleep, could you listen to relaxing music or watch a favourite film? <3
    It's understandable you can't always sleep the whole night through @Zay :3

Just make sure your usual sleep hours are spent on taking care of yourself!

Netflix sounds like a great plan :3

The revision is not so much unless you are under tight deadlines.

The revision can come when you would usually timetable it in from! <3
    I hear you @Zay. Just make sure you are balancing your A levels revision and taking care of yourself :)

I understand that sometimes we feel we need to work around the clock for the best grades. This is especially the case when we are approaching deadlines/exams.

However, sleep, exercise, rest, and a balanced diet are also important in enabling us to perform at our best and retain information too.

How is your revision going for you? :3
    Hi @Zay

I am really glad to hear revision is going well for you :)

UpLearn sounds like a fabulous study resource! Thanks for sharing it with us

Talking to yourself can be helpful. I also find writing my thoughts down on paper helps me! <3

This is especially the case if I can also answer my own thoughts when I have a clear head

Just make sure you are talking positively to yourself and being kind and patient with yourself :)
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Got up and worked out, even though I felt so tired and depressed. It always makes me feel a little better to move my body :)
    Hi @Brookee

I am sorry to hear you have been struggling. If there's anything you would like to talk to us about, we are all ears and we care about you <3

It is great to hear you have been looking after yourself and you have done the things which make you feel better :3
    @Laura_tigger82 Thank you so much for your support! I'll be alright, just got to continue sitting with these feelings for a little while longer! :)
  • HarryIsHereHarryIsHere Posts: 16 Settling in
    Brookee wrote: »
    Got up and worked out, even though I felt so tired and depressed. It always makes me feel a little better to move my body :)

Thank you for sharing @Brookee <3. It can be really tough to find the motivation to work out, especially at this time of the year. How are you feeling today?

There’s a great article on The Mix called “Can exercise beat anxiety and depression?” with lots of handy tips on how exercise can help your mental health.

Here's the link: https://themix.org.uk/mental-health/mental-health-treatments/can-exercise-beat-anxiety-and-depression-5832.html

Let us know how you’re doing and if you have any tips to share for an exercise routine, we’re here for you 😊.

@HarryIsHere thank you so much for your kindness and support! It means a great deal, I’m feeling much better today, I managed to get out for a walk which was really helpful!

Thank you for the link to the article! I will definitely give that a read!

I recently invested in an exercise app called Tone and Sculpt and it’s so empowering and sorts out all the workouts for you and has meal options, 5 different trainers with different styles and a lovely supportive community so that’s been such an amazing help in keeping me motivated to work out! But I also find getting out for a walk, even just 10 minutes is so refreshing and energising, particularly at this time of year when there’s little light!

I hope you’re doing really well too Harry! Sending you love <3
    Had a nice vent with beat
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hi @Brookee. I'm really glad to hear you are feeling better today and managed to enjoy a walk :3
    Hi @Shaunie

I am glad to hear you have managed to access some support :3
    Told my family I self harmed badly again
    How did that go for you @Shaunie? :3
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Got up in decent time today and managed to have some vague routine to the day :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Always good @Mike :3

Instead of letting a broken laptop ruin my day, I showered to feel better and then thought about potential solutions!
    I had my hair washed and got a haircut today. I also got the massive matted part of my hair sorted out.