Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    2pm
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Oh no, I am really sorry to hear that @Shaunie. What is making it awful for you? Is there anything we can do to make things better for you? I am good thank you :)

Do you know what time today's emergency meeting is @? :)

I tried to kill myself but I’m still breathing
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks @GreenTea. We will soon know the outcome then :3

I'm really sorry @Shaunie. Please remember Samaritans and Papyrus are always here for you. The same as we are always here for you. Have you got support in place today? I am really glad to hear you are still here with us. Please let us help you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Yeah I am seeing crisis team at 2:30
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Probably be an announcement tonight or tomorrow
  • Options
    Good luck @Shaunie. How are you feeling about seeing the crisis team today?

And hopefully @GreenTea. Thanks for your updates :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    We hear and understand you @charlieboyz :)

Sounds like you follow the rules though which is great!
  • Options
    What did Boris say?
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »
    What did Boris say?

Nothing announced yet they just said they were keeping an eye on it
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Feel like they’re going to drop a bombshell and introduce restrictions on like Wednesday or something. And just cause as much disruption as possible. It pisses me off that they can’t even follow their own rules and we’re going to have to.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Wouldn’t Be a full lockdown anyway
  • Options
    Needs to be a full lockdown and those who don't follow it should be heavily fined.
  • Options
    I agree on the fine part
  • Options
    Well unless people break the rules cause of serious things like their mental health ect
  • Options
    Anyone had their booster yet?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Anyone had their booster yet?

Just waiting till I'm 18, then I'll get it wbu?

I don’t think I want it. I’m double vaccinated though.
  • Options
    @Shaunie I’m getting mine in the morning. Had the flu vaccine done too. Mostly because of the pressure on the NHS. Like I am a (physically) healthy person so I probably wouldn’t be affected that much by either covid or flu, but figured it’s one little thing I can do. Not looking forward to the sore arm after the vaccine lol. I got it really badly the second time round.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh rightt.

I’m not sure I get what the booster does. But heard too many people get really sick from it so I’ma bit scared for that. Soo I’ll leave it for now I think
  • Options
    It’s not mandatory @zaynab_5 but it’s very highly recommended because it gives you better protection against omicron. Most adults had their vaccines a while ago so protection is getting a bit lower, especially for those first 9 priority groups who got the vaccine first.
  • Options
    It’s not mandatory but it’s very highly recommended because it gives you better protection against omicron. Most adults had their vaccines a while ago so protection is getting a bit lower, especially for those first 9 priority groups who got the vaccine first.

@Shaunie see above for what the booster does. They’re encouraging everyone to get it because it’s that extra bit of protection against omicron
  • Options
    I have heard side effects can be worse with the booster, especially if you get the flu vaccine at the same time like a lot of older people did. But most younger people I know have been alright :)
  • Options
    But getting vaccinated only protects yourself, right? You can still pass the virus on even if you don’t catch it yourself. Like for example it can literally be on your hands and then you can pass that to someone else?
  • Options
    Tbh I’m not sure @Shaunie, that’s very possible. Think you can still pass it on. But I guess the idea is that the more people who are vaccinated, the people who you can pass the virus onto are less. And also, the vaccine helps to prevent people (especially vulnerable people) from getting really ill and having to go to hospital which is important for the NHS. That’s just my understanding of it anyways.
  • Options
  • Options
    I have heard side effects can be worse with the booster, especially if you get the flu vaccine at the same time like a lot of older people did. But most younger people I know have been alright :)

That reminds me I will have to get the flu vaccine too, I easily get ill especially in this weather.

I had to get mine done privately, it was about £12 at my chemist. But think you maybe have to be over 18 to do that. If you’re eligible on the NHS then definitely, 100% get it! @zaynab_5
  • Options
    The vaccine and booster protects you from ending up in hospital and putting more pressure on the NHS. It's supposed to help you with your symptoms being less serious. If you pass the virus onto someone who has had the vaccine and booster their chance of survival is greater
  • Options

That reminds me I will have to get the flu vaccine too, I easily get ill especially in this weather.

I had to get mine done privately, it was about £12 at my chemist. But think you maybe have to be over 18 to do that. If you’re eligible on the NHS then definitely, 100% get it! @zaynab_5

Ah that’s quiet cheap