Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Just one step and day at a time @Shaunie <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    They've lost my PCR... again
  • Options
    Oh no @GreenTea :/ That is really frustrating!

Is it a case of them looking further or are you going to need to do another PCR?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Can you get a PCR test randomly or do you need symptoms?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    I don't actually know but I think that you either have to have symptoms, a positive lateral flow test or be a close contact of someone with covid.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I believe PCR if you have symptoms and lateral flow if you don't have symptoms <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Just got text message that I can get my booster now. Will try to fit that in after Christmas
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Good luck @Shaunie :)
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    So many people I know are getting COVID, it make me so scared. I know it’s selfish but I’m so excited for Christmas I really don’t want anyone in my family to get it, so we can still meet up on Christmas
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Hi @Dandelion

As long as you are doing all the right things, it is not selfish at all.

Everyone deserves to enjoy Christmas or a day of happiness doing the things they enjoy at least <3
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    I'm sick and the lateral tests are showing both negative and positive results. 🙃 Took a PCR test straight away.

So now I'm pretty much stuck at home, trying my best not to panic as much cos it's reopening a lot of health-related anxiety.

Hugs for everyone ❤❤
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Sending hugs your way @lovemimoon - try to focus on resting up and remind yourself that health outcomes are very good for young people. Drink regular fluids and use pain relief if you feel you need to. Hopefully you will get some certainty soon from your PCR test :) Keep checking in here, I am sure we can help pass the time if you have to isolate
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Oh no @lovemimoon :/

Mixed results must be really difficult! I hope you get your PCR test results soon to confirm your findings either way.

Health-related anxiety must be really difficult. If you would like to talk to us about it, we are here for you.

Hugs for you too <3<3
  • Options
    One of my friends told me that there have been rumours going around on Snapchat saying that we are going into a national lockdown for 3 months from Monday. There is absolutely no evidence on the news to prove this nor on the government website. Why do people have to scaremonger with rumours?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Dancer I think it's just an easy thing to spread, particularly given that the government aren't announcing anything, and are avoiding speaking to the public about their plans or any restrictions they want to put in place. It's really unfair to cause such panic and distress, in a time that's already uncertain, so I'm really sorry you've had to see these circulating around.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I know it might not happen but if we go into lockdown I have no idea if I’ll stay at home or go back to uni, part of me would want to be at home, but the other part much prefers being at uni. I just wish if we are going to go into lockdown again they tell us soon
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Dandelion I think it's just such a tricky situation to navigate isn't it, particularly when we have little to no information from the government this time around. I think whatever will benefit you and your mental health best, because you're very important, and it's important to prioritise what you think would be best for you in those circumstances <3
  • Options
    Hi @Dandelion

I fully agree with @Brookee in this case. It is a difficult situation to navigate but you have to think about where you would be most comfortable and where you could access everything you need <3
  • Options
    One of my teachers got covid during the holidays and it has really affected her and she was only just able to return today but even then she looked absolutely exhausted and admitted she probably won't be back in tomorrow.
  • Options
    @Dancer - Hey! I am really sorry to hear one of your teachers caught covid and is unwell. Hopefully, your teacher will get the rest they need and feel better soon. My fingers are crossed for them. How are you feeling? :3