Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    It wasn’t long ago till I got my second vaccine think In September soo I got no rush to get it anyway
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Yes @Shaunie. I have had my booster vaccine (last month) :)

One bonus of being clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) is I have been near the front of the vaccine queue!

If it helps, I had a sore arm for a day but other than that was okay :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Yes @Shaunie. I have had my booster vaccine (last month) :)

One bonus of being clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) is I have been near the front of the vaccine queue!

If it helps, I had a sore arm for a day but other than that was okay :)
    Ah that’s good!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Indeed @Shaunie :)

Though I have found it depends largely on which booster vaccine people have <3

Mine was Pfzier! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    In my opinion anyone who comes into face to face contact with customers, clients, patients, etc for their job should have to have the vaccine and have a pretty good excuse not to. Not enough gets done to protect vulnerable. Why should they have to hide from the public because selfish people can't follow rules
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »
    In my opinion anyone who comes into face to face contact with customers, clients, patients, etc for their job should have to have the vaccine and have a pretty good excuse not to. Not enough gets done to protect vulnerable. Why should they have to hide from the public because selfish people can't follow rules

I am following the rules…
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Indeed @Shaunie :)

Though I have found it depends largely on which booster vaccine people have <3

Mine was Pfzier! :)

I’d be sure to get the Pfizer for whenever decide to get it then cause my vaccines was both Pfizer and was completely fine
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your views with us @GreenTea :)

Well done for following the rules @Shaunie and thank you! We just need more you's! :)
  • Options

Well done for following the rules @Shaunie and thank you! We just need more you's! :)

Very true. People that come into primark speaking at me with their mask on the chin really annoy me lol. I always back away but they just be breathing all over me lolll
  • Options

Well done for following the rules @Shaun and thank you! We just need more you's! :)

I follow rules too tbh. I barley see anyone unless it's outside, wear a mask, don't do unnecessary things in town... Idk how hard it if to follow rules. So many people aren't testing when they should. People keep telling me.. "just don't test for 5 days" I'm not stupid. I don't want to make others poorly so I will test. People aren't doing PCRs when they are supposed to, I've known people to go to the shops with covid because they needed stuff instead of asking someone to get it for them
  • Options
    Well done and thank you too @GreenTea :)

Ugh! That's frustrating indeed @Shaunie and @GreenTea :s

I am the opposite. People are often having to remind me to pull my mask slightly down so I can see :3

I would wear a spacesuit if I could! =)

• Options
    Well done and thank you too @ :)

Ugh! That's frustrating indeed @Shaunie and @:s

I am the opposite. People are often having to remind me to pull my mask slightly down so I can see :3

I would wear a spacesuit if I could! =)

Ah people tell me that too!

Omg I’ve actually had customers to tell me to take my face mask off so they can hear me lol. Like lol
  • Options
    Some people do rely on lip reading if they have hearing impairment which might be why they ask you to remove the mask
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    I have auditory processing disorder so I really struggle to hear people with masks on but i know its important so I just try my best. Sometimes I ask them to speak loudly to me as I struggle to hear
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    I have auditory processing disorder so I really struggle to hear people with masks on but i know its important so I just try my best. Sometimes I ask them to speak loudly to me as I struggle to hear

Ahhh oh i jist showed them what I meant instead. I do speak quietly tbf tho. I’m like a shy mouse
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    wrote: »
    l don't do unnecessary things in town...

I mean why not towns open.
    I’m going town today.

I don’t know why the quote thingy went weird
  • Options
    I have heard the plastic visor face shields could be best if working with people who need to read your lips or have difficulties hearing :3
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    wrote: »
    l don't do unnecessary things in town...

I mean why not towns open.
    I’m going town today.

I don’t know why the quote thingy went weird

Best I don't see the point in putting myself at risk
  • Options
    119 is stupid
  • Options
    Fair enough. I might even go cinema this week. Cram it in all before the suspondely lockdown. 😅 really miss it when I’m lockdown. Like I never go cinema but when In lockdown you just wanna do everything you can’t lmao
  • Options
    I hear your frustrations but keep trying @GreenTea <3
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Plus this morning my manager literally said my suspension is to give me time to seek support and that includes going out and doing things I enjoy to make me happier so I will try not to feel bad for going into town for the sake of it or meeting my sister who is from different household.
  • Options
    Indeed @Shaunie. Enjoy spending time doing the things you like to do :)

It is to take care of your well-being and make sure you are on your feet before you start helping others again <3
  • Options
    I'm not making up rules. I'm saying what IM doing to keep myself safe currently
  • Options
    Who says you are making up rules @GreenTea? Am I missing something? :3
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    People are confusing me. I don’t know the rules. So I just go by what other people say around me and they all just contradict each other so i don’t know what to believe but I don’t wanna follow the news. I thought we just have to wear a face mask and social distant and that’s it basically that’s changed and something to do with isolation changing
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    My dad is like a very like do whatever. Then my mum is like you can’t go out. Maybe it’s to keep me safe i don’t know. But yeah am going out anyway. But when my mum wants something. Mostly sweets cause that’s all she eats. And controls my dad while she sits at home doing fuck all. She will make my dad go out just to buy sweets lol. Most annoying Person going I swear.

Also think she says no one can go out because she doesn’t go out and she hopes the whole world is staying in and having no life like her. I mean I kinda feel that way too tbf. When everyone had to stay at home in summer it made me feel like I was less missing out on things
  • Options
    And the rules didn’t apply to her when changing households cause she would come back and forth from her house. When bubbles wasn’t a thing. And now she hasn’t left for over one year. Fml
  • Options
    The rules can be confusing can't they @Shaunie, especially with how fast pace they are changing.

Honestly, I wasn't even aware that the social distancing thing had come back until I had an appointment with a nurse last week and there were signs saying to stand two meters apart.

You are not alone in finding it confusing.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing family difficulties too. It sounds really tough for you <3
  • Options
    Seems like this is going to stay with us forever