Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I really don’t want yr 12’s to go back :(
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You'd think having the covid vaccine would help keep your covid symptoms minor.. it's all lies.
    My cough is so bad I cough till I'm sick.. and that's going on 3 weeks since testing positive..and the fatigue.. I have no energy, I'm tired. I wake up tried
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited February 2021
    Flat and heavy. I'm exhausted. I've found myself thinking about self harming over and over and over again. I want to cry but I don't have the energy to. I'm tired. Today I'm not the strong friend.

Anxiety when I leave the house, sadness when I'm home. There's a spesific place I want for my words, with my old therapist. It's been a while, a really long while.
  • Options
    Feel like I'm just wasting free time I have because I don't feel physically able to do anything massive.
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I have everything I need to test the queue on people except one piece of special chart paper which for some dumb reason I can’t keep with the other papers. So now everyone has to wait for one piece of ruddy paper the barcode stickers go on -_-

Whoever created the testing process clearly never has to perform them
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Bored bored bored
    When will normality be restored
  • Options
    Wasn't sure where to put this but maybe this will help some people it's not covid specific but it's targeted at young people

https://www.whatsupwitheveryone.com/
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Honestly just fed up with with covid.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Though we can do a lot more things it still feels kinda like stuck being at home all the time I feel kinda trapped
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    So the owner of the laundromat had a vaccine and the side effects put her in hospital. She lost a significant amount of weight - My brother and my mum are eligible for a vaccine but it's a double-edged sword at this point. :/
  • Options
    Angers me how people don't give a shit about covid anymore... "Just because Boris did it".. well if Boris jumped off a fucking cliff, would you follow that too??

Two wrongs don't make a right. People are dying, so many people missing out on Christmas because they've caught covid too. I'm sick and tired of how selfish people are being. I hope we go into a long lockdown and I hope the fines are much stricter this time round. Covid is horrible. I've had it. Was horrible. Really hope lockdown happens today.. tomorrow or soon
  • Options
    I'm honestly so angry with others attitude about covid now... Bet if it was one of their family members or friends who died they'd be first to cry "why aren't we doing more to stop it"

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I am fucking sick of the constant news in this house, my dad is totally obsessed with it and watches the news 24/7. Even mum has got fed up of it and she’s very patient. Like I get this new variant is important but come on, you don’t need to watch the news channel all day just in case there’s a change.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Bet if Boris resigns from his position, the country won't follow him and walk away from their jobs too. It's all just pure selfishness
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Sending you all hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @GreenTea

A Facebook break sounds like a great plan of action.

An alternative would be to mute their accounts :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Just gonna delete it. Sick of seeing every other post is about covid or Christmas
  • Options
    That sounds like a good plan of action then @GreenTea.

Anything to make sure you are taking care of yourself <3
  • Options
    Just want covid to be taken seriously. I miss my grandparents. I miss seeing them. Nobody can because my grandad is critically vulnerable. Miss their hugs. Just wish covid was taken seriously again
  • Options
    I know @GreenTea <3

I am clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) so I can relate too.

I am sorry to hear you miss your grandparents. Are you able to video call them or talk to them on the phone? I hope you get to see them soon.

When you can finally see them, their hugs will be extra precious <3
  • Options
    Really hope lockdown happens soon
  • Options
    Keep an eye out for the news! Then you will know when it happens :)
  • Options
    Idk what's so bad about a lockdown..yh people mental health is effected. I tried to kill myself in the lockdown previously..I get it and stuff but physical health is just as important and the NHS is already on it's knees... Why don't people want to protect that? Don't understand tbh. Rather a lockdown and knowing it's coming so can put things in place to support self
  • Options
    It's frustrating to miss out on things to protect others because actually care about those around me. It's really stressful seeing people go about without caring and the whole "I'm not gonna listen because Boris had a party" attitude is stressing me out. Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Options
    Hi @GreenTea

I hear your frustrations. I am really sorry to hear you also struggled in the lockdown. Have you got the support you need now? I agree about the importance of pre-planning support in case we are in a lockdown. Though, we also need to recognise that people view things differently and will need different types and levels of support <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2021
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Angers me how people don't give a shit about covid anymore... "Just because Boris did it".. well if Boris jumped off a fucking cliff, would you follow that too??

Lo l

Yeah actually 🥲
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hi @Shaunie

How are you this morning? :)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Awful. How are you Laura?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Anxiously waiting for the outcome of today's emergency meeting. Probably be in lockdown by tomorrow
  • Options
    Oh no, I am really sorry to hear that @Shaunie. What is making it awful for you? Is there anything we can do to make things better for you? I am good thank you :)

Do you know what time today's emergency meeting is @GreenTea? :)