Homeā€ŗ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HELPPšŸ˜­šŸ˜­

124Ā»

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2020
    errrin said:
    Hey Shaunie , itā€™s good to take a break sometimes, it can help us clear our heads. But remember weā€™re always here if you ever need anything.Ā  <3
    I agree with @errrin here. :)

It sounds like a sensible and considerate move to take a break if you're not in the right headspace to use the community, @Shaunie. If you do need some support while you're away though, remember those all-important crisis services are always there to lend you an ear.

We'll be here whenever you feel you're in the right frame of mind to come back. You're doing really well, and as @LorryTruck and @independent_ said, you deserve to be alive and you would leave a big hole in this community if you weren't here. We would notice, and we would care. You matter a great deal and try to show yourself some kindness at the moment - as you would for others. :star:Ā Ā 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Shaunie I'm really sorry to hear that ā˜¹ļø If you wanna talk I'm here šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ’ŖšŸ»
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    Thank guys.Ā 

Iā€™m drunk. Just threw up and my throat burnsssssssss soooo bad. . Fml. I feel so unwell
    ā€œAnd when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.ā€ ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Ugh why do I get so drunk
    ā€œAnd when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.ā€ ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    How are you feeling today @Shaunie?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Dropping by to send you some love @Shaunie hope you are feeling ok today.
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Thanks guys.Ā 

Iā€™m thinking of going to private counselling with the counsellor I used to see at rape crisis. I have emailed her. She replied back but she doesnā€™t know itā€™s me. She doesnā€™t do face to face until new year. And I asked if she would do every two weeks as canā€™t afford every week
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie itā€™s a big step to have reached out to her already - well done. Are you going to talk to her over the phone before face to face or would you prefer to wait and see her in the new year? Ā 

What did you like about her in particular? šŸ˜Š
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Thank you.Ā 
    But I had a phone call with her this morning. She just kept saying about the travel and what about other people I could see for free. Well no service wants to know how I feel. Just throw coping skills at me.Ā 

She said she needs to speak to get supervisor.Ā 

But she told me she 100% never thought I had bad breath. I asked her would you be honest if I did. Ā said yeah. I donā€™t think I can take her word for it tbh
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Shaunie Iā€™m really sorry you didnā€™t get the response you wanted. You really deserve help and support Iā€™m just sorry itā€™s been so hard Ā for you to find. Iā€™m always happy to listen if you ever need anythingĀ  <3
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Said to counsellor that Iā€™m actually in therapy and lied when said I wasnā€™t in any. Said sorry for wasting your time. Iā€™ve given you Ā£25 by using your email for PayPal. Ā 
    She said she doesnā€™t use PayPal. I said oh shit i donā€™t know where my money has gone to thenĀ lol.Ā 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Shaunie Iā€™m sorry to hear that. I know it didnā€™t go the way you wanted it to but you could always try again with another councillor when youā€™re ready.

And Iā€™m sorry about your money, could you maybe contact PayPal. Sorry Iā€™m not good with money.

(Sorry if this came across patronising or rude)

Always here if you ever need anything ShaunieĀ  <3