Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    It's freezing here good old north what have I done 😆

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Morning
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited September 2020
    Look at how cute This animal is. 

It’s an Arctic  ferret

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ah no @GreenTea sending positive vibes your way! ❤️

That is adorable @Shaunie such a happy face 💕 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Thank you @Laine
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hello hello <3 

It’s freezing here too, I like it though. It’s better than too hot by a mile 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Omg its so cold in college , its like 11 degrees cuz we have to keep the windows open 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AlexAlex Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    Anch0r33 said:
    How's everyone today? I'm feeling nervous about hearing if my interview was successful or not... due to hear back early next week.. the waiting is the worst part
    Fingers crossed for you! 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I managed to avoid a collision today on the motorway - was doing 70 and was in the middle lane (had pulled over for entering traffic) and I'm not sure really what happened, looked like there was 2 cars coming on and the one in front was like in line with the front half of my car and I'm guessing he slowed down because the car behind him swerved right into my lane and basically into the side of me - I had to swerve into the right hand lane (literally about halfway into the lane) to avoid the crash. Thankfully nothing was in the right hand lane because I didn't have time to check my mirrors. 

Was so scary, still a bit shaken but doing alright. At hospital waiting for my orthodontist appointment. Great fun. 

Hope everyone's having a good day <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    @Anch0r33 oh my gosh that is scary, road accidents are one of my worst fears. Must have been a massive shock.

Hope the appointment goes well 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hello
    Hey
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Anch0r33 said:
    Hey

How are you
    edited September 2020
    Ugh. All I’m trying to do is create a new Facebook account just so I can view my main Facebook account as someone else and see what it look like who aren’t friends with me. But won’t let me make account. For some reason it knows
    How’s everyone else
    Don’t suppose anyone knows my Facebook account and has mutual friends with me but not my friend on fb. Really need to know what it looks like from friends of friends
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Omg its so cold in college , its like 11 degrees cuz we have to keep the windows open 
    Same at my sixth form. It's actually ridiculous at times. Just a little annoyance haha

Otherwise life's been pretty good recently. My friends 18th birthday today so it's been lovely
    I'm good thanks @GreenTea how are you?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Don’t suppose anyone knows my Facebook account and has mutual friends with me but not my friend on fb. Really need to know what it looks like from friends of friends
    If you click on your Facebook profile (this is on my phone) and then click the three dots next to add story, you can click on view as, it will let you view your own profile as someone your not friends with x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    If you click on your Facebook profile (this is on my phone) and then click the three dots next to add story, you can click on view as, it will let you view your own profile as someone your not friends with x
    Thank you. Yeah I tried this but that’s for public only not for friends of friends but thank you 
    Anch0r33 said:
    I'm good thanks @GreenTea how are you?

I'm alright thanks
    Hope everyone had a good day <3 
    Hope everyone had a good day <3 

You too
    Hey everyone, how are we all today?

I'm preparing for my english lit seminar today. I've been a little behind on my lectures for my classes so I'm really kicking myself into gear. 

I've got my second childline training session tomorrow which I am excited for! I gotta do a worksheet for it which hopefully I'll remember to do lol

What is everyone doing today?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    Anch0r33 said:

I'm preparing for my english lit seminar today. I've been a little behind on my lectures for my classes so I'm really kicking myself into gear. 

I've got my second childline training session tomorrow which I am excited for! I gotta do a worksheet for it which hopefully I'll remember to do lol

Hey! 

Are you studying English Lit at uni? I studied that! So easy to get behind but also such a great course. 

Your training sounds exciting. How many training sessions are there? 

My day is alright. Definitely looking forward to some dinner and trash tele! 
    Toni said:
    Anch0r33 said:

Hey! 

Are you studying English Lit at uni? I studied that! So easy to get behind but also such a great course. 

Your training sounds exciting. How many training sessions are there? 

My day is alright. Definitely looking forward to some dinner and trash tele! 
    Hey Toni, I am studying english lit at uni! Yeah it's so easy to fall behind in it, it's frustrating because I really want to stay on top of it! 

I've to do 12 training sessions which are 3 and a half hours each, I've done one already!

Ah that's good, sounds like a nice evening!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Taking a plunge and letting someone else do my hair
    hello!

@GreenTea when are you getting it done?
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Happy howloween 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Happy howloween 

Soo cute!!!