Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    HELLLOOOOOOO

someone tell me why new job paperwork is soooo bleeding long 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    shops need to hurry and open. i need a new phone charger. my other one has died and my phone is dying
  • Options
    i really hope its the chrger anyway? tried it in another phone and didnt work?

i cant afford £80 for a new charging port on my phone lol
  • Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Bit steep for a new charger!

Side note; morning all :) enjoy your day!
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Maybe get a Poundland one first @GreenTea just to see if it the charger ! 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Poundland chargers break very easily and are pretty short.

I would spend £15 odd on Amazon and get a 2-3 metre USB/C cable or iPhone charger. Well worth your money.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    Bit steep for a new charger!

Side note; morning all :) enjoy your day!

not charger.. charging port.. the part of the phone you plug the charger in
  • Options
    @Millie2787

gonna go wilko and get one, need a usb C for something else too so just gonna grab one there and hope it works
  • Options
    OHHHHHH!

Do you not have a PC or a usb port in your TV you can use?
  • Options
    no.. its the charging port of the phone.. doesnt matter where the other end is plugged in..
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Morning guys, I've got soooo much uni work to do today - and I just can't bring myself to doing it. Gonna focus on the stuff I need for tomorrow and go from there.... 

I'm so tired lol and need to go for a shower and get some food. 

How is everyone today? 

@GreenTea I hope it's your charger! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    I understand you now!

Sorry I'm waking up...coffee not quite doing the trick this morning
  • Options
    I am very well. I am just loading up som League of Legends, waiting for my mates to wake up so we can do custom games.

Might try Among Us later tonight after movie night (House of 1000 Corpses).
  • Options
    Sounds like a good day Felix! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Every Sunday until Halloween we are watching a horror. We do a franchise every year. This time is Rob Zombie's Firefly trilogy!

Can't wait.
  • Options
    That sounds good, we don't do much for Halloween, although I wish we did. Christmas is very much my holiday but it's not as good as it used to be 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Hoping I can see my family in the midlands for Christmas. It is my sole tradition. 

Might have to spend Christmas here this year.
  • Options
    christmas sucks.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Morning!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I want to see my grandparents but that means seeing my mum lol, I feel bad but she's so awkward. I do love her though. She's very full on and it means spending a whole day in the same house with her.

Last year she got mad at me because I stayed with my bf and his family on Christmas Eve instead if at my grandparents when my mum wouldn't even be there anyway. What the heck lol. But the kids (my bfs niece and nephew who are in kinship) are at my bfs so I wanted to watch them open their presents. 

Just waiting for her to kick up a fuss again 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    probably should of unplugged my broken charger. its burning hot lol oops
  • Options
    only 20 minutes till the shop opens.
  • Options
    found a cute online independent store online this morning. tempted to buy some stuff off it 
  • Options
    See, my worry is that Christmas always ends in an argument. People here CANNOT be happy drunk. It is violent drunk. So by 9 I am usually in my bedroom avoiding everyone. Lol.

Unless I am with my family in Nottingham, because they are chilled and most of them have children and cant let loose...lol.
  • Options
    @GreenTea you defos gotta do it, support the independent businesses! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:
    @GreenTea you defos gotta do it, support the independent businesses! 

how cool are these trousers though? https://lucyandyak.com/collections/limited-edition/products/camden-high-waisted-trousers-in-albaquirky-print
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    See, my worry is that Christmas always ends in an argument. People here CANNOT be happy drunk. It is violent drunk. So by 9 I am usually in my bedroom avoiding everyone. Lol.

Unless I am with my family in Nottingham, because they are chilled and most of them have children and cant let loose...lol.
    I hope it won’t be too bad for you <
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    £45 for trousers... so so tempted
  • Options
    Shaunie said:

All depends if I can get the train or not and if the rule of 6 will be suspended.

For the sake of the virus, I hope not. For the sake of my sanity, I hope so.
  • Options
    Shaunie said:

All depends if I can get the train or not and if the rule of 6 will be suspended.

For the sake of the virus, I hope not. For the sake of my sanity, I hope so.

if you wanna get the train you need to be looking at booking it really soon.. as they only let very few people on the trains at the moment.