Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    See, my worry is that Christmas always ends in an argument. People here CANNOT be happy drunk. It is violent drunk. So by 9 I am usually in my bedroom avoiding everyone. Lol.

Unless I am with my family in Nottingham, because they are chilled and most of them have children and cant let loose...lol.
    I hope it won’t be too bad for you <
    All depends if I can get the train or not and if the rule of 6 will be suspended.

For the sake of the virus, I hope not. For the sake of my sanity, I hope so.

if you wanna get the train you need to be looking at booking it really soon.. as they only let very few people on the trains at the moment.
    Im just waiting for gov guidance before I do any booking.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited October 2020
    goverment wont put anything out about christmas till a week or so before.. thats how they are..  theres no hope of booking a train then.. 

took me a whole day to try and book train tickets in advance and i couldn't get any train till the next day as they had all reached the limit for passengers on board.. i then had to get a train home 3 days after the orginal day becuase i could not book onto any train
  • Options
    Not really true - this is the first christmas of it's kind. Turkey and vegetable farmers need info so they can increase/decrease production in time because nobody wants a huge turkey for 6 people, let's be frank.

I reckon it will be a week or so before Boris tells us the initial plans for christmas.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    Anyway, I am gonna go wash and do my hair. Finally getting somewhere with it :D 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not really true - this is the first christmas of it's kind. Turkey and vegetable farmers need info so they can increase/decrease production in time because nobody wants a huge turkey for 6 people, let's be frank.

I reckon it will be a week or so before Boris tells us the initial plans for christmas.

Have you seen how the government do shit? It's all last minute. Christmas isn't even in consideration yet.. lots of fake news out there

For all we know we could be in lockdown next week for another 6 months. 

It's all last minute information. 

Also, the government don't care about farmers.. if you look into the farming industry, it's been on its knees since before covid times. 
  • Options
    Im not getting political about this. I was just saying.
  • Options
    And I'm saying book in advance for trains because it's near impossible to get a train because of the reduced passenger sizes.
  • Options
    And I said I would wait for advice? 

Anyway, I am not getting into it.

My hair is starting to set and looking gooooood! Next step is to let it dry and see where it goes :D 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    This is why Christmas should just be cancelled tbh. 
  • Options
    ok
  • Options
    @Millie2787 how's the paperwork going?
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    See, my worry is that Christmas always ends in an argument. People here CANNOT be happy drunk. It is violent drunk. So by 9 I am usually in my bedroom avoiding everyone. Lol.

Unless I am with my family in Nottingham, because they are chilled and most of them have children and cant let loose...lol.
    Yeah that's rough. We don't usually have arguments these days and we don't get drunk. I'm very thankful for that. 

My bfs family all drink which is a little uncomfortable for me personally but they don't all drink since we've got the kids. 

I'll also have to see if my father decides to make an appearance or not, it's always hit and miss with him but my bet is on nothing - he's forgotten my birthday in the past lol. 

Christmas is enjoyable as long as it all goes smoothly! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    @Anch0r33 doing anything nice today?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Got a charger! Wooo

My headphones work fine and it's the same port so I'm guessing it is my charger
  • Options
    I think Christmas should be cancelled tbh, it's ridiculous to think they'll have a day off of the virus?? I'm sorry but the virus won't have a day off and it'll just set us back way to far. 

Imagine everyone in the country getting together with their families - lots of drinking, dancing and close contact them suddenly you're back to normal, back home and back to normal. 

You feel fine because you're asymptomatic and you don't know you've got covid - you work a counter job and serve lots of old people who think they are safe - they're not. Because you've got the virus. Now they're dead because their bodies couldn't handle it but not before they took it back to their old people's home and spread to all of them. 

Did you see about the uni that has over 700 positive cases? Only like 78 of them showed symptoms! 

If a traditional Christmas goes ahead everyone's screwed tbh 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Ooh @GreenTea awesome! 

I've not got much planned - some uni work and gotta clean out the rats. Would help if I got out of bed first :lol:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    I think it is important we have a day off where we can have fun and joy, but christmas itself as in the big gathering, no. All the aspects of chirstmas, yes.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Thousands of students won't be able to go home, thousands of others won't be able to go home. People mixing will just cause a massive spike in covid. Christmas should be cancelled this year. 

Christmas is just gonna be a death sentence to many..
  • Options
    That is what i am saying should be cancelled - the day itself, the festivites, no. You can have that with family

• Options
    People find joy in eating fancy foods and getting gifts - even if it is with only 2 or 3 people you live with.You dont need a massive party.
  • Options
    Christmas isn't about food and gifts. Never Christmas is about being with loved ones etc. 
  • Options
    @Anch0r33 Ive done a few bits in town now walking the 10 minute walk home to get back in PJs and do fuck all ahaha
  • Options
    Christmas as in following all the rules that are already in place, yes. Christmas as in meeting other family etc no 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    They can't decide that rules don't apply for one day only 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    My family aren't doing Christmas this year. I'm not either. I'm doing a beach day in Cornwall lo
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but no. Your missing the point I am explaining ENTIRELY.

We NEED to be happy. Even for ONE day. To take our minds off of it. We might not be able to meet with loved ones, but those we live with, that is a perfect time to celebrate. Eat nice foods, get nice gifts, etc. Be nice to people, it might effect your mood :)
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:
    They can't decide that rules don't apply for one day only 

Dude they decide shit so last minute. I don't think Christmas will be spoken about till the week or so before. 
  • Options
    As I have pointed out, they will NEED to. Businesses rely on Christmas
  • Options
    Christmas isn't about food and gifts though. 
    You can have a happy fun day any day with the people you live with.. zoos are open, aquariums are open. Parks are open, pubs are open. You can have fun there too. Not just Christmas.