Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Your skirting all my points, I am sorry but I am respectfully bowing out this convo. 
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited October 2020
    I'm not. I'm trying to make a point that any day can be just as fabulous. sorry you don't agree. 
  • Options
    @independent_ hey lovely. How are you
  • Options
    Anyway, I have a bunch of popcorn and a bunch snacks for tonight.  Can't wait :D
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    @Anch0r33 got much planned this week? It's gonna be a wet week unf
  • Options
    Hopefully having some decent food tomorrow night! Got a booking at the best restaurant nearby!
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @GreenTea that sounds like an amazing idea, wish I could do that :lol: 

Southampton are playing today so might try and watch them if I can. 

In regards to Christmas, they've already hinted that they're going to drop the rules for a day which is utterly ridiculous - if they do that I'll literally be spending Christmas in my car because the family I'm with rn will let others in like they always do and I don't feel comfortable with that. 

So in fact because they decide to let the rules go, people will feel worried, older people will feel alone as they will be left out of any gatherings due to their high risk! How is that fair? 

I agree, they will leave it until last minute to announce anything but that doesn't mean people can't buy gifts - why would it? As Shaunie previously said, she thinks people are already buying Christmas presents. It is possible to send gifts without seeing a person. 

And imagine how older people will feel seeing their whole family meet but they can't? That isn't happiness. It's missing part of family! 

I won't be able to see my grandparents because I will not be risking them, no matter what. 

If the family I'm living with rn decide to have people over, I'll be spending Christmas alone - that sounds really happy doesn't it? 

Greentea my skating lessons start back up this week which I'm excited for! Hockey is also back but I'm not going because they'll have 20 people on a small rink, definitely can't socially distance with that. Wbu?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Morninggggg guys 
  • Options
    Sorry my response was sooooo late - I got a spam block on my account :angry:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:
    @GreenTea that sounds like an amazing idea, wish I could do that :lol: 

Southampton are playing today so might try and watch them if I can. 

In regards to Christmas, they've already hinted that they're going to drop the rules for a day which is utterly ridiculous - if they do that I'll literally be spending Christmas in my car because the family I'm with rn will let others in like they always do and I don't feel comfortable with that. 

So in fact because they decide to let the rules go, people will feel worried, older people will feel alone as they will be left out of any gatherings due to their high risk! How is that fair? 

I agree, they will leave it until last minute to announce anything but that doesn't mean people can't buy gifts - why would it? As Shaunie previously said, she thinks people are already buying Christmas presents. It is possible to send gifts without seeing a person. 

And imagine how older people will feel seeing their whole family meet but they can't? That isn't happiness. It's missing part of family! 

I won't be able to see my grandparents because I will not be risking them, no matter what. 

If the family I'm living with rn decide to have people over, I'll be spending Christmas alone - that sounds really happy doesn't it? 

Greentea my skating lessons start back up this week which I'm excited for! Hockey is also back but I'm not going because they'll have 20 people on a small rink, definitely can't socially distance with that. Wbu?
    Like I agree with the whole 'don't meet up' message. that is what I was trying to say! But Christmas itself, the presents, the food, the good memories SHOULD be replicated with those in your 'bubble or household.  Because people look at Christmas as a relief for depression and a good day in total. Christmas itself should not be cancelled, but the huge parties and get together? No.

The tradtion of the day is vital in mental health during the winter.
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Morninggggg guys 
    Hey dude, how goes?
  • Options
    Heya @Liam long time no speak :lol:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Morning (just) everyone, I’ve missed a lot of chat this morning just catching up!!

I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with a quiet Christmas with not too many people. You don’t need 2000 people round at your house for Christmas to be nice. I do hope they allow a bit of flexibility but you certainly don’t need huge gatherings. I think we’ll just be having a quiet day just the 4 of us - that’s what we do in non-corona years :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Finally getting somewhere! That is what I was saying haha!

Like my family is HUGE so we usually split Christmas into 3-4 days anyway. Christmas itself is just me, my mum, my aunt and her kid. And sometimes my nan if she is not caring for my great uncle.
  • Options
    @GreenTea hiya!! I’m alright how are you? Glad you got your charger sorted all the chargers seem to break really really easily 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ good to see you! It's been a fun chat lol 

My Christmas last year consisted of spending time with my bfs family - so 10 of us in a small space and then my bf and I going for Christmas dinner with my grandparents and the fam there so 7 of us there. Definitely won't be happening this year :disappointed:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    TBH @ThatFelixGuy I’m fine with whatever happens at Christmas after the year I’ve had (and we’ve all had) I’ll be alright with it just with the family which is always really nice 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Christmas should straight up be cancelled..  it's just gonna be a straight up death sentence to many or extremely lonely for those who are sensible. I personally think it would be really inconsiderate of people do go visit family etc, even if the rules are relaxed because covid doesn't go away for the day. It will still be there.i mean look at the levels now. We were in lockdown when they were reaching what they are currently. I think there's gonna be a lockdown again tbh because it's being very poorly handled and has been from the start. Christmas is about spending time with loved ones and in the honestly reality, loved ones won't be there with the way this country is going with covid. And sorry if my harsh reality upsets anyone, but I'm seeing it for what it is. I'm tired of it being sugar coated all the time. 

I've seen my family once since last year. Once. And I haven't seen my dad at all since last year because he's been deployed twice and he was deployed when I went to family and will be deployed through December. Myself and many other people haven't seen family for so long and just accepting it now tbh. It's really fucking shit.
    I should be spending it alone too, bit instead I'm taking myself away to the beach and focusing on self care because I'd rather not be the person to kill off a family member. I will only be seeing family if my mum allows it which isn't likely at this point. I'd much rather be with family, but I'm not going to be selfish and put anyone at risk. 

My Christmas last year was mourning the anniversaries of 2 deaths as Christmas marks the anniversaries..so yh. 

Anyway @Anch0r33 I'm working all week, got a few appointments to sort out too. Nothing fun. 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Morninggggg guys 

Good morning Liam. How are you?
  • Options
    Last Christmas was just me, my sister, my parents and one of my uncles (who came up here so he wasn’t spending it on his own) 

2 days later we had my 2 other sisters, my niece and my nephew round so that was a bit bigger. But there’ll be ways of doing it like having them round over a couple of days and social distancing 
  • Options
    I'm not cancelling Christmas. As I said it is important to my mental health. Even if I have to spend it at home with my brothers, Christmas is a huge motivator for me. Sorry you feel that way, but I am not cancelling it.
  • Options
    TBH @ThatFelixGuy I’m fine with whatever happens at Christmas after the year I’ve had (and we’ve all had) I’ll be alright with it just with the family which is always really nice 
    Same here!
  • Options
    @Anch0r33 oh so long. I was starting to miss you :lol:

@ThatFelixGuy hey felix, just out at the shops, wyd today?
  • Options
    Morning @GreenTea ! Hope you’re well 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Morninggggg guys 

Good morning how are you
  • Options
    @GreenTea a Christmas of self care sounds like a nice plan if you have to spend it alone. It’s not an easy time of year for everyone, I think around that time and in the lead up to it it’s extra important that everyone is kind and supportive to others because you never know what people are going through 
  • Options
    Everybody has to do what’s right for them when it comes to Christmas. :) 
  • Options
    @GreenTea a Christmas of self care sounds like a nice plan if you have to spend it alone. It’s not an easy time of year for everyone, I think around that time and in the lead up to it it’s extra important that everyone is kind and supportive to others because you never know what people are going through 

Lol I wish. All I ever get is shut down and left alone 😬
  • Options
    @GreenTea that’s horrible, I’m sorry to hear you feel like that. You deserve all the kindness in the world. 
  • Options
    Should I mention to my GP that my meds are causing really bad acid reflux?