Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Ok naps are the best
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Amazon threw my parcel over the fence when I'm literally at home????? Knobs
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Amazon threw my parcel over the fence when I'm literally at home????? Knobs
    If the parcel is damaged even in the slightest, you can claim back your money through the A-Z Gurantee.

I  would also file a complaint for gross mishandling via My Orders > Problem WIth Order
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Agree with Felix, you can complain regarding that. I've watched my parcels been given to our neighbours and then they have the cheek to come leave the card in our door? I'm sorry what... go and get that back and deliver it like you're supposed to do.

Some postmen really are lazy with their jobs
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    It's literally a £3 parcel. Not gonna complain because it's not worth it at all lol. 

Also it's not postman. It's independent people who deliver Amazon on Sundays. So it's someone's livelyhood I'll be causing trouble with and I'd rather not 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    I mean atleast they didn’t “hide” it under the door mat lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lol my favourite is when they put it in a bin and don't leave a note
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    We had a parcel on our front door step yesterday for a lady who lives about 2 streets away... we aren’t her neighbours and it’s almost like the driver just couldn’t be bothered looking for her house lol. 

Some delivery folk are great but others are just lazy as hell 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Tbh it must be boring sitting in a car travelling around the city giving out parcels lol
  • Options
    True haha @GreenTea you’d have to really enjoy driving a lot to have that job. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    True haha @GreenTea you’d have to really enjoy driving a lot to have that job. 

It's a flexi job so can fit it around school hours etc. Easy cash for those who need a little extra
  • Options
    Yeah that makes sense, my dad thought about doing a job like that part time once he’s retired but idk if he will haha 
  • Options
    I have had to turn parcels away from the Royal Mail before because the postman tried to deliver it to me in person and not follow the instructions I said and place it on the wall WITH gloves.

I have a super vulnerable person in my house. I am not risking jack s***! So I told him to return to sender, got my money back and puchased again, this time was a much smoother delivery - the bloke even put the package on the wall, knocked on my door and left!
  • Options
    Yeah that makes sense, my dad thought about doing a job like that part time once he’s retired but idk if he will haha 

I probably would haha. It's like pocket money alongside the pension!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah my sister’s husband is doing that for amazon atm because he can work out side of his furlough hours and flexible and likes it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @ThatFelixGuy I always have to leave delivery instructions for the drivers to leave the parcel in the garage or somewhere safe if I’m not in ...half the time they leave it behind the bins and dump it in places that are wet lol. I try to make sure I’ll be in now if I’m getting a parcel because there’s nothing worse than a soaking wet box.

@GreenTea he’s not sure if he’ll do it because of his health, but he’s gonna look into it I think. He’s hopefully retiring very soon as he’s fed up of being a mechanic and he’s retirement age 
  • Options
    @ThatFelixGuy I always have to leave delivery instructions for the drivers to leave the parcel in the garage or somewhere safe if I’m not in ...half the time they leave it behind the bins and dump it in places that are wet lol. I try to make sure I’ll be in now if I’m getting a parcel because there’s nothing worse than a soaking wet box.

@GreenTea he’s not sure if he’ll do it because of his health, but he’s gonna look into it I think. He’s hopefully retiring very soon as he’s fed up of being a mechanic and he’s retirement age 
    I mean if I am not in, I leave a note on the door telling me to contact the collection office becuase there is literally nowhere safe to put it other then a wall that is visable to the whole street. But this guy would not place it on the wall for me to collect and placed it straight into my hands, breaking social distancing.

So I told him to take the parcel back and return to sender. Lol.
  • Options
    Good morning everyone :) 

How are we all today? 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @Anch0r33 Good Morning, my wisdom tooth is being painful today but I’m okay, how about you? 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Morning 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Eyepatch that's not good! But I'm glad you're okay otherwise :) 

I'm doing alright, had a bit of a sore stomach when I woke up though 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Morning @Millie2787
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Morning 
  • Options
    Morning. Really pissed off and upset this morning.

My ENTIRE timeline. Wishing death on people...since when were the people I classed as friends so unmoralistic and sadistic enough to do so?

Sigh. Not what I wanted to see at all...
  • Options
    Morning 

Morning!
  • Options
    Morning 

Morning!
  • Options
    I'm so tired.
  • Options
    I've just woke up for a nap and I feel soooooo much worse - my head is just absolutely pounding and I'm so groggy. I hate that feeling. Plus I still feel sick :/
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Seems like we are all having a shitty day :/ 

On a much smaller side note, I found out Thursday is national Coming Out Day.
  • Options
    To make this day even better my laptop decides to play up right when I'm trying to join my seminar - the speakers aren't working so I was told to restart my laptop and it decides to do an update! Wtf????
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `