Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Bit worried about my sister. She meet up with that 28 year old again
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The video has now made its way to Instagram, twitter and other social medias.
    It's now also being hidden behind innocent videos of animals, to which it quickly switches...

Stay the fuck of social media tonight guys
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Seen it earlier and accidentally stumbled across it again tonight @GreenTea it's awful and unfair for people to hide it behind innocent looking videos.  :(  
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Seen it earlier and accidentally stumbled across it again tonight @GreenTea it's awful and unfair for people to hide it behind innocent looking videos.  :(  

Please stay off social media and look after yourself! Hope you are ok. Do talk to someone if you need to
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    In such a bad place right now, but I know it’ll all pass and will get better. Sending hugs to anyone else that might be struggling tonight <3
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Starlight said:
    In such a bad place right now, but I know it’ll all pass and will get better. Sending hugs to anyone else that might be struggling tonight <3

Sending hugs to you @Starlight <3 you're right it'll get better stay strong 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Worst headache. 😓
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I can’t do this anymore.. no one actually gives a shit about me 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Heyyyy, I most certainly do and I'm sure others at The Mix do too 

What's going on, talk to us x
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    First day back at college and the realisation  that I have no one is real :( 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options

Thank you @Salix_alba_2019 I’m just so low at the moment have no support and struggling to get through day to day :( 
    Awww man, I'm so sorry to hear that 😢❤️

I was wondering whether you'd been to your gp to fill them in on how you've been feeling? And is there anything that you can pin point that's been making you feel so low?

• Options

Thank you @Salix_alba_2019 I’m just so low at the moment have no support and struggling to get through day to day :( 
    Awww man, I'm so sorry to hear that 😢❤️

I was wondering whether you'd been to your gp to fill them in on how you've been feeling? And is there anything that you can pin point that's been making you feel so low?

I have spoken to them yeah @Salix_alba_2019, it's a really really long story. And no nothing specific, just my stupid brain lol. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I need help. I’m playing a sick game where I see if I can make me self harm worse than the one I just did before. Then once satisfied I stop. Knowing i deserved it. Becoming something I’m doing every night 
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    No follow up, nothing, no call from the doctors, no one cares. Maybe I should be dead, maybe that's what they're trying to say. 
  • Options
    Feeling really emotional today
  • Options
    I'm not ok. I'm really struggling. To the point I'm becoming so detached from reality and becoming so forgetful of basic things. It's frustrating that I'm forgetting things and just feel not "with it" very often
  • Options
    Bursting into tears when trying so hard to distract yourself is so fucking hard 😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Just want to SH. Such strong urge and been trying so hard not to but I just.. can't cope with certain things and it's mentally painful
  • Options
    @independent_ super sorry for the late reply, I blame my very short attention span

Awww man, I hate it when that happens. My old terapist would always suggest writing down mythoughts down the using my DBT skills to see if they could help reduce the distress. I don't think I've ever asked, have you had DBT before? 

• Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 it's ok I have a short attention span as well haha. 

I haven't had DBT, not really sure what it is. I had CBT years ago and am currently trying to get referred for some kind of therapy of some description but struggling to be heard/listened to by professionals. 

I actually got out of the house today though. Haven't managed that for a while, or at least not further than the garden. So guess that's a positive. 
  • Options
    Fucking hate my life
  • Options
    Feeling so sick today and can't figure out why
  • Options
    Really not feeling too good today. Feel like I just want to give up. Don’t want to move. Don’t want to live. Feeling like I just absolutely hate myself and can’t stand myself or this life
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Anxiety is so high, but that happens when I feel unwanted and ignored. Just gonna get through the day the best I can and rant it out when I get home.
    Also having really bad body image at the moment which is really putting me down but also triggering eating disorder beha
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 it's ok I have a short attention span as well haha. 

I haven't had DBT, not really sure what it is. I had CBT years ago and am currently trying to get referred for some kind of therapy of some description but struggling to be heard/listened to by professionals. 

I actually got out of the house today though. Haven't managed that for a while, or at least not further than the garden. So guess that's a positive. 
    That sounds like a real pain to be dealing with, is there anyone that can help fight your corner too? Trying to get professionals to listen and actually do what you want is frustrating and tiresome and I'm sorry to hear that you're having to go through that. Super well done on getting some fresh air though, I'm really really proud of you. Every step counts ❤️
  • Options
    Thank you @Salix_alba_2019 <3 not really got anyone to help me, because it’s all by telephone at the moment it’s not even as if I can take someone with to appointments sadly.
  • Options
    TW

I can’t be the only one who watches videos on YouTube that are “recoverying from anorexia” and it’s not even because I’m in the recovery mind set. I do it to trigger myself
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Just wanted to stop by in this thread, k haven't used it before but it's one I've seen a lot in. 

Today I shared something I'd not shared with anyone else before. Tbh it makes me feel really gross and makes my skin crawl. 

I've been feeling pretty sick from nerves and the memories I've brought back but I know it's something I need to talk about. 

I also went through a massive pregnancy scare but by the time testing came around I was super excited because I was SO sure I was pregnant that I'd got myself mentally prepared to be a mum. The first few tests came back negative but I still had strong signs. Well yesterday I had some spotting which I thought was from implantation bleeding but turned out by the end of the day my period had started. It really was such an emotional roller coaster and I was in absolute tears about the whole thing. My bf doesn't want to try for a baby yet (we're both 20) and I can see why, but this whole event really made me hopeful for having a baby :( 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thinking of stopping these antidepressants cold turkey 
    I’m asleep more than I’m awake and I’m just guessing it that

I’ll ask gp first though
This discussion has been closed.