Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Yep that’s so me as well @independent_ but I really need to shower and then go to sleep aha, my first class is 10:30 so not too early but I still need to go to sleep soonish cos I wanna make sure I have enough time in the morning to get ready and eat a decent breakfast aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Fair enough @Starlight good that it’s not too early. Are you back at your dance school now or still on zoom sometimes? 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ I was back at dancing in the studio for 3 weeks and then we broke up fully for summer so my dance teacher isn’t doing any classes until schools reopen so no zoom classes either. But I’m doing online classes still with these dancers that I’ve been taking loads of classes with for the past few months and I’ve been loving there classes and I’m starting to see the improvement which is brilliant 

Morning how is everyone?

@Starlight sorry I missed your comment last night! It’s great that you’ve been back in your dance school some and that you’ve still got classes over summer <3 it’ll keep you busy 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morninggg
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Help does anyone have any good jokes, I have to do the joke of the day at work tomorrow and I’m awful at jokes 😭😭
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Good morning!! 

Thanks @independent_ I’ll definitely keep busy aha

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Dandelion

Stairs are dangerous ..... 
    there always up to something 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Morning 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Dandelion

Stairs are dangerous ..... 
    there always up to something 

Ooh that’s a good one, thank you x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Helloooo
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    Morning all, quick question how does everybody find blood tests, I'm stressing so much as my doctor wants me to have one due to being dizzy a lot
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Mel I'm not the hugest fan because it makes me a bit faint but it's not so bad thankfully it's pretty quick and there's things you can do.

Is there anything you don't like or are worried about? Pain, needles, blood etc? 

My suggestion is to ensure you're hydrated that can help massively.
    Deep breaths, you can do something like look at your phone, or a picture on the wall and focus on it.
    Relax your arm and most importantly apply a bit of pressure after to prevent bruising, and take off that awful tape and replace it for a plaster 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    ahhh thank you, yeah needles honestly so afraid of needles but ill never find out why I'm so dizzy lately and it's kinda annoying that is the only way aha. Where do they do it on your arm?? idk I'm also afraid of being judged for my scars and stuff ugh 
    Aidan said:
    @Dandelion you could tell a pun to some kleptomaniacs, but they might take things literally
    I love that one!, but that relies on the people I work with knowing what a kleptomaniac is 😂😂
    Aidan said:
    @Mel_ usually your non-dominant forearm
    ahh okay thank you
    Mel_ said:
    Morning all, quick question how does everybody find blood tests, I'm stressing so much as my doctor wants me to have one due to being dizzy a lot

You'll be ok! Take a bottle of lucazade to sip, just don't look when they do it!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Mel_ said:
    ahhh thank you, yeah needles honestly so afraid of needles but ill never find out why I'm so dizzy lately and it's kinda annoying that is the only way aha. Where do they do it on your arm?? idk I'm also afraid of being judged for my scars and stuff ugh 

They aren't there to judge, don't worry, that just want to take blood and send you on your way, you can talk to us if you need to while they are doing it. 
    It's a really quick procedure
    Morning 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited August 2020
    Mel_ said:
    I possibly have to have a blood test and for exactly the same reason as you. It can be really scary but you are not alone.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Feels like there was a tornado earlier and I feel scared as I am alone with one of my cats.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    GreenTea said:
    Mel_ said:

They aren't there to judge, don't worry, that just want to take blood and send you on your way, you can talk to us if you need to while they are doing it. 
    oh okay, I haven't booked it yet I need to do it online at my local hospital..which is kinda scary but otherwise I have to wait over a month for my doctor to do it
    Kasa2103 said:
    Mel_ said:
    I possibly have to have a blood test and for exactly the same reason as you. It can be really scary but you are not alone.
    oh really, I hope it goes okay for you too! 
    Mel_ said:
    GreenTea said:
    Mel_ said:

oh okay, I haven't booked it yet I need to do it online at my local hospital..which is kinda scary but otherwise I have to wait over a month for my doctor to do it

Best thing to do is get it done soon so you aren't overthinking it etc. 

You can do kt
    @Mel_ I’ve had a few blood tests in my life actually for the same reason, I’ve always suffered quite badly with dizziness. If I’m having the tests I always ask them if I can be lying down because I know that if I’m sitting up I will almost certainly pass out.

They are ok though not too painful and it’s important that you try to relax because if you’re tense it can be harder for them to do the test/make it more painful 
    I’ve used to have blood tests every week because of anorexia. 

They do it on your inner arm. And they say “sharp scratch” and you can look away. It feels a bit weird but obviously won’t last long. I hate it but it is very quick and I tend not to look
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Also it is best to be hydrated before they do it as this will make it easier for them to get the blood. So many times I’ve gone in and they’re poking me around trying to get the blood out but veins are too small so leave with no blood. They tell me to drink before coming. About an hour
    I’m tired and feeling so weak mentally and physically but guess who still has to go to work 
    Well I'm uncomfortable 😂😬