Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who wants to be a Mixillionaire?

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
edited July 2021 in General Chat

Thought it would be fun to have a go at a mega spoiler quiz based on who wants to be a millionaire, so, here are the rules:

1. Once you open a spoiler, that is your final answer
  2. You can only use each lifeline once, choose wisely :)
  3. No google!
  4. Tell us below how far you got, and what you would use the money* you won on!

If you want to add to the realism, you can have the music in the background:

So, are you ready to play Who wants to be a Mixillionaire? (not even sorry for the terrible pun)

*For avoidance of doubt, and so that I don't inadvertantly bankrupt the charity/myself, your prize money will be in our own community currency that has no real cash value
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    So, for £100, What sort of animal was Walt Disney's Dumbo?
    A) Deer                     B ) Monkey
    C) Elephant               D) Chipmunk

Lifelines:
    50:50
    Computer, take away two wrong answers, leaving the correct answer and one remaining wrong answer...
    *dun dun*
    answers A and C are remaining

Ask the audience
    Audience, we need to help our contestant get to £100, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 0%
    B - 0%
    C - 99%
    D - 1%

Phone a friend:
    "It's definitely Dumbo the elephant - they have the massive ears. 100% C

Choose your final answer:
    A
    That's the wrong answer! I'm afraid you have to leave with nothing!

B

C
    That's the correct answer, you have £100.

D

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    For £200, in the nursery rhyme, itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water...what?
    A) Spout                B ) Bucket
    C) Jug                    D) Butt

Lifelines:
    Computer, take away two wrong answers, leaving the correct answer and one remaining wrong answer...
    *dun dun*
    answers A and D are remaining

Ask the audience
    Audience, we need to help our contestant get to £200, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 100%
    B - 0%
    C - 0%
    D - 0%

Phone a friend:
    "It's definitely the water spout, go with A"

A
    That's the correct answer, you have £200.

B

C

D

• Options
    For £300, at Easter, it is traditional to eat hot cross, what?
    A) Buns                B ) Baps
    C) Burgers            D) Brussel Sprouts

Lifelines:
    Computer, take away two random wrong answers, leaving the correct answer and one remaining wrong answer...
    *dun dun*
    answers A and B are remaining

Ask the audience
    Audience, we need to help our contestant get to £300, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 100%
    B - 0%
    C - 0%
    D - 0%

Phone a friend:
    "Hot cross buns, 100%, it's A"

A
    That's the correct answer, you have £300.

B

C

D

• Options
    Prince Charles, who is currently first in line to the throne, was first married to which person? 
    A) Donna               B ) Danielle
    C) Dora                  D) Diana

Lifelines:
    Computer, take away two random wrong answers, leaving the correct answer and one remaining wrong answer...
    *dun dun*
    answers C and D are remaining

Ask the audience
    Audience, we need to help our contestant get to £500, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 0%
    B - 0%
    C - 0%
    D - 100%

Phone a friend:
    "100% it's Diana, go with D"

A

B

C

D
    That's the correct answer, you have £500.

• Options
    Okay, question 5, this is the last point at which you can go home with nothing, to guarantee £1000, which of these has not been a prime minister of the United Kingdom
    A) Tony Blair                B ) Dominic Raab
    C) Boris Johnson          D) Gordon Brown

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*
    answers B and D are remaining

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs a bit of help to get to £1000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 0%
    B - 88%
    C - 0%
    D - 12%

Phone a friend:
    "I'm pretty confident it's Dominic Raab, Blair and Johnson definitely have, and I think Gordon Brown was after Blair. 99% confident you should go with B"

A

B
    That's the correct answer, you have just won £1000!

C

D

• Options
    Okay, question number 6, you might as well play this as you can't lose any money, it's for £2000. In the film franchise, Bridget Jones' Diary, who played Bridget's love interest, Mark Darcy?
    A) Colin Firth                      B ) Hugh Grant
    C) Domhnall Gleeson         D) Jim Broadbent

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs a bit of help to get to £2000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 88%
    B - 10%
    C - 0%
    D - 2%

Phone a friend:
    "It's between Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. They were both the love interests in that film. I am 75% sure it is Colin Firth, as he has played Mr Darcy in a number of films"

A
    That's the correct answer, you have just won £2000!

B
    That's the wrong answer! I'm afraid, you leave today with £1000! 

C

D

• Options
    Question number 7 now, worth £4,000 if you get it right... Which year was the Treaty of Versailles signed, one of the peace treaties that ended the First World War?
    A) 1917                   B ) 1918
    C) 1919                    D) 1920

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*
    answers B and C are remaining

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs a bit of help to get to £4000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 7%
    B - 12%
    C - 58%
    D - 33%

Phone a friend:
    "The first world war was 1914-1918, but the war ended in November so the treaty wouldn't have been agreed that year, so it will either be C or D. I am 85% sure that it is 1919, as I don't think they would have been able to wait more than a year for an agreement to happen." 

A
    I'm afraid that is the wrong answer, you've just lost £1000. You leave today with £1000.

B
    I'm afraid that is the wrong answer, you've just lost £1000. You leave today with £1000.

C
    That's the correct answer, you have just won £4000!

D

• Options
    Motoring along now, answer this for £8,000.. Which of these planets is closest to the sun?
    A) Venus             B ) Jupiter
    C) Mars               D) Earth

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*
    answers A and C are remaining

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs a bit of help to get to £8000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 55%
    B - 2%
    C - 10%
    D - 33%

Phone a friend:
    "I always get this the wrong way around. It's definitely not Jupiter. Earth is between Mars and Venus, but I can't remember for definite which one is closer to the sun. My gut says Venus, I am about 65% certain. If i had to go for one, it would be Venus."

A
    That's the correct answer, you have just won £8,000!

B
    I'm afraid that is the wrong answer, you've just lost £3,000. You leave today with £1,000.

C
    I'm afraid that is the wrong answer, you've just lost £3,000. You leave today with £1,000.

D

• Options
    Starting to get close towards life changing sums of money here. This next question is worth £16,000. Remember though, play and get it wrong, you will drop down £7,000. Take a look and see if you want to give this question a go...Helen Glover is a two-time Olympic Champion in which sport?
    A) Cycling           B ) Gymnastics
    C) Tennis             D) Rowing

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs a bit of help to get to £16,000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 23%
    B - 22%
    C - 12%
    D - 43%

Phone a friend:
    "I remember watching her receive the gold medal at London 2012. GB did very well in Cycling that olympics, but traditionally are strong at Rowing. It's between those two and I am fairly confident it is Rowing." 

A
    I'm afraid that is the wrong answer, you've just lost £7,000. You leave today with £1,000.

B
    I'm afraid that is the wrong answer, you've just lost £7,000. You leave today with £1,000.

C

D
    That's the correct answer, you have just won £16,000!

• Options
    Take a look at question number 10 get it right and you reach a milestone, guaranteeing you £32,000... On New Year's Eve, which of these countries experiences New Year's Day last?
    A) Russia                     B ) Portugal
    C) Germany                  D) Greece

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs your help to get to £32,000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 4%
    B - 52%
    C - 24%
    D - 20%

Phone a friend:
    "It's definitely not Russia or Greece, I would say it is Portugal because it is the furthest West of those options." 

A
    You had £16,000...you've just lost £15,000! That's the wrong answer!

B
    You had £16,000...you've just WON £32,000! well played!

C
    You had £16,000...you've just lost £15,000! That's the wrong answer!

D
    You had £16,000...you've just lost £15,000. That's the wrong answer!

• Options
    Here's a cheque for £32,000! Whatever happens, you leave tonight with that, but let's see if you can turn it into some truly life changing somes of money. Take a look at question 11, you might as well have a guess, as you can't lose anything... In the US cartoon, 'The Simpsons' which of these characters is not voiced by Dan Castellaneta?
    A) Homer Simpson             B ) Grampa Simpson
    C) Krusty the Clown            D) Bart Simpson

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs your help to get to £64,000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 32%
    B - 28%
    C - 16%
    D - 34%

Phone a friend:
    "I'm pretty confident it is Bart Simpson, from somewhere in my memory, I recall that his character has been voiced by a woman, so by process of elimination, it must be D"

A
    You had £32,000...you still have £32,000. That's the wrong answer!

B

C

D
    You had £32,000...you've just WON £64,000! well played!

• Options
    Question 12 now, you are playing for big, big, life changing amounts of cash. It's important to point out that the amount you lose if you slip up will also be getting bigger and bigger. Take a look, remember, you don't need to play, but the following question is worth £125,000...

According to the Official UK Charts Company, how many number 1 albums have The Beatles had in the United Kingdom?
    A) 14              B ) 15
    C) 16               D) 17

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    Audience, Our contestant needs your help to get to £64,000, on your keypads, please choose what you think is the right answer, now...
    *deliberation music*
    A - 32%
    B - 34%
    C - 16%
    D - 18%

Phone a friend:
    "I'm really not sure on this one, I know it is a larger number than you would guess without being given options. If I had to choose, it would be between B and C, but I wouldn't want to tell you which one as I am not confident." 

A
    You had £64,000...you didn't need to play at this question, you could of walked away. I'm afraid you've lost £32,000, that's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand, you played so well, and you walk away with £32,000!

B
    You had £64,000...you didn't need to play at this question, you could of walked away. I'm afraid to say that you're going to have to stay around a little bit longer, that's the right answer! You've just won One Hundred and twenty FIVE thousand pounds!

C
    You had £64,000...you didn't need to play at this question, you could of walked away. I'm afraid you've lost £32,000, that's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand, you played so well, and you walk away with £32,000!

D

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Question 13 - three correct answers stand between you and one million pounds. It's getting serious. Take a look at the following question, worth £250,000:

What was the real first name of Spike Milligan?
    A) Thomas            B ) Terrance
    C) Timothy             D) Tolman

Remember, you will lose £93,000 if you get this wrong.

Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    *deliberation music*
    A - 28%
    B - 22%
    C - 23%
    D - 27%

Phone a friend:
    "I'm sorry, I haven't got a clue. If I were to guess, it would be Timothy, but that means nothing. Your guess is as good as mine"

A
    You had £125,000...money that could change your life forever. You went with A, Thomas, but you weren't sure. Did your gamble pay off? We'll find out after the break...

...Welcome back, our contestent gambled on A, risking £93,000. Was Spike Milligan, really called Thomas? I'm really sorry, the gamble didn't pay off. It's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand though, £32,000 is a great result!

B
    You had £125,000...money that could change your life forever. You went with B, Terrance, but you weren't sure. Did your gamble pay off? We'll find out after the break...

...Welcome back, our contestent gambled on A, risking £93,000. Was Spike Milligan, really called Terrance? Could you give me the cheque for £125,000, because we don't want to give you that! Here is a new cheque for £250,000! It's the right answer!

C
    You had £125,000...money that could change your life forever. You went with C, Timothy, but you weren't sure. Did your gamble pay off? We'll find out after the break...

...Welcome back, our contestent gambled on C, risking £93,000. Was Spike Milligan, really called Timothy? I'm really sorry, the gamble didn't pay off. It's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand though, £32,000 is a great result!

D
    You had £125,000...money that could change your life forever. You went with D, Tolman, but you weren't sure. Did your gamble pay off? We'll find out after the break...

...Welcome back, our contestent gambled on A, risking £93,000. Was Spike Milligan, really called Tolman? I'm really sorry, the gamble didn't pay off. It's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand though, £32,000 is a great result!
    Post edited by TheMix on

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I don't know how you are coping with the stress of this. Here is a cheque for quarter of a million pounds...BUT we don't want to give you that. Just for fun, take a look at this next question, you are two questions away from the Million. This one is worth just the £500,000. Take your time...

How many inches tall is an oscars statuette?
    A) Eight and a half               B ) Eleven
    C) Thirteen and a half           D) Sixteen
    Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    *deliberation music*
    A - 25%
    B - 25%
    C - 24%
    D - 26%

Phone a friend:
    "It would be a toss of a coin for me between B and C, the others seem too small or big but I really don't know"

A
    You had £250,000. you've risked £218,000 by saying that an oscar statuette is 8.5 inches tall. I'm so sorry. That's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand, you played so well, and you walk away with £32,000!

B
    You had £250,000. you've risked £218,000 by saying that an oscar statuette is 11 inches tall. I'm so sorry. That's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand, you played so well, and you walk away with £32,000!

C
    You had £250,000. you've risked £218,000 by saying that an oscar statuette is 13.5 inches tall. Take a breath, and prepare yourself for the million pound question! That's right, you've just won £500,000!

D
    You had £250,000. you've risked £218,000 by saying that an oscar statuette is 16 inches tall. I'm so sorry. That's the wrong answer. Give them a big hand, you played so well, and you walk away with £32,000!
    Post edited by TheMix on

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Here we go, question 15. Not many people have got here before. I don't want to add to the pressure, but I also feel obliged to tell you that by answering this question, you will be risking four hundred and seventy eight THOUSAND pounds. Let's see what I need to ask you to decide if you will become a millionaire...

Which of these people was born in the same year as Queen Elizabeth II?
    A) Audrey Hepburn             B ) Judy Garland
    C) Julie Andrews                 D) Marilyn Monroe
    Lifelines:
    *dun dun*

Ask the audience
    *deliberation music*
    A - 25%
    B - 25%
    C - 25%
    D - 25%

Phone a friend:
    "I am not sure, but if I were to guess, I would go with Judy Garland. I wouldn't risk it though, take the money unless you are sure"

A
    Here we go, you've given me back your cheque for £500,000. Will I be writing you a cheque for 1 Million pounds? Either way, it's been an incredible run, and £32,000 is no small matter. You answered A, Audrey Hepburn, in answer to the question, which of these people was born in the same year as Queen Elizabeth II?

I can tell you that it's the wrong answer, and you have lost £468,000. What a player though, please give them a huge ovation, going away with £32,000.

B
    Here we go, you've given me back your cheque for £500,000. Will I be writing you a cheque for 1 Million pounds? Either way, it's been an incredible run, and £32,000 is no small matter. You answered B, Judy Garland, in answer to the question, which of these people was born in the same year as Queen Elizabeth II?

I can tell you that it's the wrong answer, and you have lost £468,000. What a player though, please give them a huge ovation, going away with £32,000.

C
    Here we go, you've given me back your cheque for £500,000. Will I be writing you a cheque for 1 Million pounds? Either way, it's been an incredible run, and £32,000 is no small matter. You answered C, Julie Andrews, in answer to the question, which of these people was born in the same year as Queen Elizabeth II?

D
    You had £500,000. No one would have criticised you for walking away with that huge amount of money. Despite this, you were confident that the answer to the question, which of these people was born in the same year as Queen Elizabeth II? was Marilyn Monroe. 

Let's find out, were you right to risk it all?
    Post edited by Ed_ on

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I got as far as question 7 then screwed up that question. I should of known the answer too as I sit in on history lessons when it's talked about 😂
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Can really tell @Ed_'s going a bit stir crazy at the moment ;)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited May 2020
    Might have them all?
    Put d for no. 15 but can't watch the video cause people 🤣

And only used one life line 💪 might have winged some of them but hope I got it haha

Would spend the money on going to bora bora 😍 and buy a house so don't have to pay silly rent every month 🙄
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I got as far as question 7 then screwed up that question. I should of known the answer too as I sit in on history lessons when it's talked about 😂
    It's always the pressure of being in the chair that gets people, did you have lifelines left to use? Also £1,000 is still decent, what would you spend this on?

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ed_ said:
    GreenTea said:
    It's always the pressure of being in the chair that gets people, did you have lifelines left to use? Also £1,000 is still decent, what would you spend this on?

Wouldn't spend it. 
    Would be sensible and add it to my savings... Can go towards a car or house in the future
  • Options
    Might have them all?
    Put d for no. 15 but can't watch the video cause people 🤣

And only used one life line 💪 might have winged some of them but hope I got it haha

Would spend the money on going to bora bora 😍 and buy a house so don't have to pay silly rent every month 🙄

Nicely done! impressed that you managed to get through all of the questions! Spoilered up your final answer just so it doesn't inadvertently help others ;)

Have fun planning your holiday to bora bora - I guess in the current circumstances, everyone can make these plans and we can tell ourselves that it would be possible if it wasn't for the pesky virus :lol:

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Got out on question 10, tried my best lol 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Did you get question 10 right @Dandelion or did you fall just short of the guaranteed £32,000? Any lifelines left? 

Etiher way, what would you do with your prizemoney?

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Ed_ said:
    Did you get question 10 right @Dandelion or did you fall just short of the guaranteed £32,000? Any lifelines left? 

Etiher way, what would you do with your prizemoney?
    I got it wrong lol, so I guess I’d end up with nothing. I did have some lifelines left probably should have used them lol. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Lol this is so cool 😂. Im a bit stupid so it's a shame i didn't have a cougher in the background😂 i literally played that 1 hour video/sound clip the whole time while thinking it & reading the question in Chris Tarrents voice. The pressure nearly felt real 😂😂

Thank you for taking your time to create it! You must have a lot of it atm ahah

Ha i got up to £16,000 but got it wrong even with the 50:50

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    Honestly without cheating I got all of them right! My history knowledge and music knowledge helped me. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Kasa2103 said:
    Honestly without cheating I got all of them right! My history knowledge and music knowledge helped me. 
    Without using life lines?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Without using life lines?
    When I said no cheating I meant that I did not use Google and I only used each lifeline once. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @Ed_ You might want to check the maths for question 15. You said that you would lose £478 000 if you got the question wrong. But £500 000 - £478 000 equals £22 000. It is supposed to go down to £32 000. You would actually lose £468 000.
  • Options
    Nice spot @Kasa2103 - clearly my morning brain wasn't working too well :lol: Also well done on getting through all the questions! What would you use the money on if you won it in real life?