Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Who wants to be a Mixillionaire?

2»

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2020
    Shaunie said:
    Lol this is so cool 😂. Im a bit stupid so it's a shame i didn't have a cougher in the background😂 i literally played that 1 hour video/sound clip the whole time while thinking it & reading the question in Chris Tarrents voice. The pressure nearly felt real 😂😂

Thank you for taking your time to create it! You must have a lot of it atm ahah

Ha i got up to £16,000 but got it wrong even with the 50:50

I wouldn't have got all these questions right either, these quizzes are always to do with general knowledge. Impressed with how all in you went, and that it came across in the Chris Tarrent voice, I tried my best with my impersonation :lol: Glad it was enjoyable, I had a lot of fun writing it, not sure why I have so much time on my hands right now  :p

Even though you missed out on the £32k, £1k is still decent, what would you do with it?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Dandelion said:
    Ed_ said:
    Did you get question 10 right @Dandelion or did you fall just short of the guaranteed £32,000? Any lifelines left? 

Etiher way, what would you do with your prizemoney?
    I got it wrong lol, so I guess I’d end up with nothing. I did have some lifelines left probably should have used them lol. 
    You still fall back to £1,000 so don't lose everything, not a bad prize :3

I would say given this is all for fun, everyone that didn't get to the end can have one free do-over to see if you can get some of the other questions (if you haven't tried already)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Ed_ said:
    Nice spot @Kasa2103 - clearly my morning brain wasn't working too well :lol: Also well done on getting through all the questions! What would you use the money on if you won it in real life?

Thank you.

Donate  £50,000 to The Mix
    Donate £50,000 to Cancer Research UK
    Donate  £50,000 to Cardiac Risk in the Young
    Donate £50,000 to RNLI 
    Donate £50,000 to Water Aid.
    Donate  £50,000 to NHS.
    Donate £50,000 to NSPCC.
    Donate £50,000 to Plan International.
    Take my family and friends on holiday all inclusive first class once lockdown ends (about  £100,000.)
    Save  £200,000 for university.
    Save the rest of it for the future (about £300,000 left.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Aidan said:
    I got nothing, used my 50:50 and I still got the Beatles question wrong :tongue:
    You reached the milestone, so you still won £32,000! What would you do with it?

edited May 2020
    Kasa2103 said:
    Ed_ said:
    Nice spot @Kasa2103 - clearly my morning brain wasn't working too well :lol: Also well done on getting through all the questions! What would you use the money on if you won it in real life?

Thank you.

Donate  £50,000 to The Mix
    Donate £50,000 to Cancer Research UK
    Donate  £50,000 to Cardiac Risk in the Young
    Donate £50,000 to RNLI 
    Donate £50,000 to Water Aid.
    Donate  £50,000 to NHS.
    Donate £50,000 to NSPCC.
    Donate £50,000 to Plan International.
    Take my family and friends on holiday all inclusive first class once lockdown ends (about  £100,000.)
    Save  £200,000 for university.
    Save the rest of it for the future (about £300,000 left.)
    That's quite the spending plan, love it! Some awesome charities there and some great investments in your and your family's future. That holiday sounds immense! 

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Love this idea! Walked away at Q12, all lifelines down :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Aidan - that's a decent spending list, could probably get a decent car too!

@Azziman - well played! I think you are the first person to walk away, to keep the realism, you will have to have a go at the answer to question 12 to see if you made a good decision to walk away...Also, what would you do with the £64,000 that you won?

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Went with C, but that's wrong so was the right shout to walk away! Those last few are really tough - thanks so much for setting this up! Wonder if people would be interested in having these set up more often? I'd probably use it on securing myself financially - paying off debt, rainy-day fund, investing in an ISA etc. And probably treat my family/close friends to a meal to celebrate :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Always satisfying when you make the right call @Azziman - glad you enjoyed it too :3 If people want, we can definitely do some more of these.

I'm impressed with how sensible everyone is being with their new fortunes!

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I had far too much fun playing this game with the music in the background. Thank you for the recommendation @Ed_, this is such a great game to have on the community :)

I'm not a Mixillionaire unfortunately, I lost out on the Beatles question too! But I won £32,000 which isn't bad. I'm taking inspiration from @Dancer and will donate most of it to The Mix of course but also treat myself to a nice holiday away somewhere sunny :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Got to question 12 and got it wrong, £32,000
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Gonna use the money to fan myself
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
    Just managed to get to the £1000 question and then lost 🤣. Oh well I tried lol 😂. I love this idea so much.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,075 Boards Champion
    I loved this! And somehow i made it all the way through without using any of the lifelines! Wow😂
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Just managed to get to the £1000 question and then lost 🤣. Oh well I tried lol 😂. I love this idea so much.

A thousand pounds is a thousand pounds! Quite possible that question shows my age as I think the original Bridget Jones is 20 odd years old now :astonished:
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I loved this! And somehow i made it all the way through without using any of the lifelines! Wow😂

Impressive! What would you spend the money on if you had won in real money?!

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
    edited August 2022
    @Ed_ Thank you :) , I will be honest I havent really watched Bridget Jones 😂, I need to put it on my watch list of films to watch. If I had won, I would have given it to my family or donate it to a charity either to The Mix or my local hub that runs social activities in my area that I go to.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,075 Boards Champion
    @Ed_ hmmm thats a good question! Quite a few things if im honest. I would probably first help my family and give them sums of it. But theres alot i would do tbh