Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I tell her...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Sure. Ain't that expensive to do once in a while though, Eurostar/RyanAir/EasyJet + 3* hotel for 2 ppl for 2 nights = £100-150.

Thats just over half my weekly wage. I haven't been on holiday since 2002! Its not as easy as you'd like to think.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Thats just over half my weekly wage. I haven't been on holiday since 2002! Its not as easy as you'd like to think.
    £250/wk = £1083/mth. £300 rent, £50 bills, £100 transport, £200 food, £250 drink, £50 extras = £130/mth saved, or am I completely off?

What are your guys attitude towards money, if your incoming equals your outgoing, or you end up with a little bit of debt/overdraft each month, how much does that affect you? I'm asking cos apparantly debt is the number one source of depression in the country, but having money definitely doesn't bring much happiness!
  • Options
    £250/wk = £1083/mth. £300 rent, £50 bills, £100 transport, £200 food, £250 drink, £50 extras = £130/mth saved, or am I completely off?

What are your guys attitude towards money, if your incoming equals your outgoing, or you end up with a little bit of debt/overdraft each month, how much does that affect you? I'm asking cos apparantly debt is the number one source of depression in the country, but having money definitely doesn't bring much happiness!

Lol i pay over £400 a month on bills. I save £10 a week! And yes having no money does make me depressed.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I save £10 a week! And yes having no money does make me depressed.
    Well if it makes you feel better I save more than £10 an hour (10 x 24 x 365) and I'm sure you're happier in life than I am :)
  • Options
    Well if it makes you feel better I save more than £10 an hour (10 x 24 x 365) and I'm sure you're happier in life than I am :)

Well i was until you said that :lol:
  • Options

But it doesn't have to be that way mate. Lose the snobby and ignorant attitude and treat people with respect and you'll find it takes you a long way.
  • Options
    This guy's a fraud. Mowbray/Jomery whatever. I don't care if the mods lynch me either for accusing him of it.

He's fucked up his age (23/24) thing. His excuse doesn't wash with me. Just seems like a lazy troll.

He apparently got sacked from his last job for stalking a colleague in the city, yet he's worried about his reputation with his peers? Surely if that story had an ounce of truth his reputation would already be in tatters.

He claims to want to keep anonymity through his multiple accounts, yet he was quite happy to post a photo (!) and tell us about a Guardian article which featured him. However g_angel was unable to track such a article, suggesting that was probably bullshit too.

In the slightest chance this is genuine, the guy's a total cockmaster. The level of disrespect he shows to people is unfathomable. I think his inability to get laid is some divine intervention ensuring that such a specimen should not be allowed to pro-create.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    He's fucked up his age (23/24) thing.
    And I said why. "Oh, is this about __?" "No, it's 24 and he's 23".
    He apparently got sacked from his last job for stalking a colleague in the city, yet he's worried about his reputation with his peers? Surely if that story had an ounce of truth his reputation would already be in tatters.
    Managed to make it look like she was the deluded one, and she was fairly quiet about the whole thing, so only really lost a couple of acquaintances - close friends of hers.
    he was quite happy to post a photo (!)
    Only after quite a bit of persuasion, which I promptly removed 10 mins later.
    and tell us about a Guardian article which featured him. However g_angel was unable to track such a article, suggesting that was probably bullshit too.
    Most of Guardian's "Rise" column does not go up online. There was a weekly article called "CV to die for". It's not online.
    I think his inability to get laid is some divine intervention ensuring that such a specimen should not be allowed to pro-create.
    Yeah, someone like me who'd be able to afford his children the best education possible shouldn't be allowed to procreate, but Shaznay's able to have 3 kids age 17 on a council estate, spending all her dole and child benefits on crack. Logical.

Fuck you all.
  • Options
    Yeah, someone like me who'd be able to afford his children the best education possible shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Sometimes the best education isn't always the most expensive. You said it yourself earlier money doesn't buy happiness.
    having money definitely doesn't bring much happiness!

Cliche but true.
  • Options
    Jomery reall do need to start thinking about other things in your life other than pulling/sleeping with girls.

You also need to stop trying to pull girls who are quite obviously too young for you and you do need to stop acting as though you're better than everyone else. You have money, so what?

I also think it's a good idea if you stop posting. I say this because you know that any topic you make involving you & girls, will turn into this again.
  • Options
    Sigh...you don't know who I am, I've been featured in the national press before. And I'm not just talking papers, someone emailing some threads/quotes to my boss or my team and I'll be the laughing stock, will hurt career prospects etc.

Whoa, hold on a minute there Mowbray, when you said you got the sack for being a creepy stalker you said that you would never be able to get another job doing whatever the hell it is you do because you can't with a criminal record, which you now have?

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?p=1874882&highlight=industry#post1874882

Oh, and I agree with Lacy, this is a girl, with feelings, not a piece of meat. You may have money and perhaps status Mowbray, but you're spiritually bankrupt.
  • Options
    Managed to make it look like she was the deluded one, and she was fairly quiet about the whole thing, so only really lost a couple of acquaintances - close friends of hers.

Only after quite a bit of persuasion, which I promptly removed 10 mins later.
    Most of Guardian's "Rise" column does not go up online. There was a weekly article called "CV to die for". It's not online.
    Yeah, someone like me who'd be able to afford his children the best education possible shouldn't be allowed to procreate, but Shaznay's able to have 3 kids age 17 on a council estate, spending all her dole and child benefits on crack. Logical.

Fuck you all.

You are, without a doubt, an absolute cock.

I have no idea how you got it into your head that you used to be a 'nice guy'.
  • Options
    TBH, I think for quite a few girls (me included) looks are more important than money. It is however nice to be with someone who has a bit of money thouh.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    TBH, I think for quite a few girls (me included) looks are more important than money. It is however nice to be with someone who has a bit of money thouh.

But not if they have the personality of a pot of cress.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote: »
    But not if they have the personality of a pot of cress.

:yes: :lol:
  • Options

Off. The. Map.
  • Options
    Managed to make it look like she was the deluded one,

Yes, cos your clearly not deluded are you? :D

You might as well have deluded tattooed on your forehead

:lol:
  • Options
    This guy's hilarious.

Honestly, he's like the posh equivalent of that bloke who won the lottery who had the crash car derby in his back garden.

More money than sense.

I would feel sorry for him but he doesn't actually deserve it anymore than all the 'money' he has.
  • Options
    If J'Mo (I've decided to call him this due to the general level of arse) is actually genuine, then I'd put money on him being a big Phil Collins fan.

Sussudio oh oh oh!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    *LOUD SIGH*

Jomery, Mowbray... :confused: Firstly, it's not on to have two accounts to post pretty much the same thing. Either you send me a PM letting me know which one you'd like to keep - or I'll choose for you.

Secondly, what exactly is this thread about? (that's a rhetorical question by the way) You told us about this 16 year old girl who you are having some kind of relationship with, but it's clear that you are not happy with her, and have no respect for her. There are things you can do to improve what you have - but going by what you've said in the rest of the thread - why would you bother?

Since you first mentioned the girl, you have just gone on to get in the same discussions that were in the other threads you started - you admitting that you're a shallow snob, and other people telling you how sad that is. So, while you continue to fail to show an ounce of humility or interest in people for more than their social status I can't honestly see how you are going to get out of this rut.

Thirdly, listen to Bri
    Get to know people. put your opinions on things across and LISTEN to other people. You'll learn a lot more about real people, and if it makes you even 0.000001% more tolerant then it'll have been worthwhile.

I really hope things improve for you soon.
  • Options

Yea, nice explanation. :yeees:

Oh, you made your stalking victim look deluded? Yet more evidence that you shouldn't be allowed to pro-create. The last thing the world needs is more people like you.

Was it something like this, or are you one of these? http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,1248007,00.html.

I typed 'guardian rise cv to die for' into google and this was first hit.

ETA: I notice Pete Doherty and Jimmy Carr are on that list. :lol:

Money means nothing. Some people who grow up on council estates are the salt of the earth, whereas people like you (arrogance and shallowness epitomised) are cocks of the highest order. Money doesn't guarantee your kids a successful upbringing in life. Case in point: you.
  • Options
    Sir Allan Sugar came from a less favourable background yet he's one of Britain's most rich and powerful and respected men. He didn't get where he is today by being an arrogant and judgmental prick. Take a leaf out of his book perhaps.
  • Options
    ETA: I notice Pete Doherty and Jimmy Carr are on that list. :lol:

And Joss Stone, Mike Skinner, Wayne Rooney and Scott Mills. Quite a list. Joss Stone for fuck's sake?
  • Options
    Sir Allan Sugar came from a less favourable background yet he's one of Britain's most rich and powerful and respected men. He didn't get where he is today by being an arrogant and judgmental prick. Take a leaf out of his book perhaps.
    Ah yes Alan Sugar, not arrogant or judgemental whatsoever now is he? My friends hosted him for their uni society, in the Q&A when a girl asked why he's not involved in giving anything back to society and just personal gain when he has £750m sitting in his bank account he just said "You're an idiot. Next question please?"
  • Options
    Ah yes Alan Sugar, not arrogant or judgemental whatsoever now is he? My friends hosted him for their uni society, in the Q&A when a girl asked why he's not involved in giving anything back to society and just personal gain when he has £750m sitting in his bank account he just said "You're an idiot. Next question please?"

Perhaps he was referring to her as an idiot because you would have expected her to do a little reading about Sir Alan if she was going to ask a question.

If she had done a simple google search she would have discovered Sir Alan has donated money to charities (Great Ormond Street) and the Labour party. :thumb:
  • Options

It was a bit of a daft question.

Just cause people don't go bragging about donating money to charity (as if it makes them some sort of demi-god) doesn't mean that they don't.
  • Options
    Not a great anecdote, but nonetheless don't tell me Alan Sugar's not arrogant! The overwhelming majority of successful businessmen have got where they are by being arrogant, thinking they are the sh*t and thus aggressively self-promoting themselves. Just look at the guys on Dragon's Den, Theo Philowhatshisface with his obsession with money, explicitly saying it's a pure measure of success. Down to earth types like Branson are 1 in 1000.
  • Options
    Not a great anecdote, but nonetheless don't tell me Alan Sugar's not arrogant! The overwhelming majority of successful businessmen have got where they are by being arrogant, thinking they are the sh*t and thus aggressively self-promoting themselves. Just look at the guys on Dragon's Den, Theo Philowhatshisface with his obsession with money, explicitly saying it's a pure measure of success. Down to earth types like Branson are 1 in 1000.

And that doesn't tell you how utterly fucking vile the business world is?

I guess it depends on your definition of success is. Working ridiculous hours, dealing with dirtbags who are out to screw you over, needing to keep up a bizzare level of appearance and then having a breakdown/stroke/heart attack at the age of fifty. That sounds like a swell existance.

The explicit measure of success is how happy you are with yourself as a person.
  • Options
    This person is a cunt.

However, he is lapping up all the attention he is getting from everyone.
    I vote we ignore the fucker, let him do his homework and get ready for bed - i'm convinced he's like 14.
  • Options
    Idiocracy wrote: »
    And that doesn't tell you how utterly fucking vile the business world is?

I guess it depends on your definition of success is. Working ridiculous hours, dealing with dirtbags who are out to screw you over, needing to keep up a bizzare level of appearance and then having a breakdown/stroke/heart attack at the age of fifty. That sounds like a swell existance.

The explicit measure of success is how happy you are with yourself as a person.
    Oh I agree 100% with you, hence it gets to me that most people without good educations and simple jobs are more content in life than I am. But I'm stuck in the world I am really, I'm not going to be able to get a job at Asda or Burger King cos I'll be deemed "overqualified" with a good degree but zero retail work experience.
This discussion has been closed.