Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Something that just crossed my mind...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Every now and again you here of cases where a human has been living with say a pack of wolves or dogs and the animals are treating the human has one of them and the human either thinks he's a dog or wolf or does a good impression. Also, you here cases like this from Africa with people living with lions, monkeys, etc and almost becoming one of them.

Now, my question is, humans are the most advanced species on his planet, if we were to watch a certain type of animal for a while and practice it's calls, movements, etc. Do you think we could ever trick the animal we were one of them?

Obviously, the movements would have to be humanly possible.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I've seen cases of humans living with primates and getting along, however I don't think we'd survive. With wolves for example, we're not built to cope if an alpha male were to attack... With apes, again if the alpha wanted to assert dominance we'd be as good as dead.

Intellectually, humans are strong, we learn fast, our intelligence makes us adaptable to al sorts of environments.

Physically we're weak.
  • Options
    very true. Even the strongest man on earth would have his ass whooped by a an adult gorilla.

arguably though, one man could beat one wolf if he brokek its neck, though a pack vs a human would be game over unless the human had some form of weapon or deterrant.
  • Options
    if you have a dog then it will consider you to be part of its pack, like you consider it to be part of your family. i think the animals will understand you're different - they're not stupid afterall, but they might accept you anyway.

physical strength is all relative anyway, some animals would crush us, some we would crush them.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    this thread is funny - reminds me of tim and gareth in the office, "can i kill a tiger armed only with a biro?" next we'll be talking about who'd win in a fight between a badger and a ferret :p

the badger, quite obviously.

there is a wolf man somewhere that lives with wolves. America I think. Tigers have been brought up with humans to think of them as 'family'.
  • Options
    Who do you reckon would win a fight between a really really big mouse, and a really really small dog?

My friend used that as a chat up line once.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    The dog unless it was like seriously...land of the giants small!

Real question is what would win in a fight between a pack of snakes and single mongoose?
  • Options
    I've seen cases of humans living with primates and getting along,
    down at weatherspoons in wrexham?

me tarzan ...you jane!
  • Options
    Do you think we could ever trick the animal we were one of them?

No.

It goes against basic principles of nature, speices know where they belong and know who does or does not belong to them.
  • Options
    Unless they're kinda blind. They recently tricked a cockroach into thinking a robot was a cockroach, it was programmed to move like a cockroach and they put pheremones on it. But that's a whole different ball park. Animals have very acute senses when it comes to their own kind. Look at ten different monkeys, and you'll be hard pressed to recognise different faces. Ten different people and you'll have no prob. And we're closely related to monkeys! Its the same for most animals, they're familiar with their own.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    down at weatherspoons in wrexham?

me tarzan ...you jane!
    :lol:

Really, we couldn't "trick" them. Animals are mostly afraid of us, for a good reason! We treat them like shit.

But when you grow up with them... animals help you, trust you... you often dont even see humans doing that with other humans! And we treat the planet with no respect... animals don't do that, they live at one with it!

Then tell me who is most advanced?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol:

Really, we couldn't "trick" them. Animals are mostly afraid of us, for a good reason! We treat them like shit.

But when you grow up with them... animals help you, trust you... you often dont even see humans doing that with other humans! And we treat the planet with no respect... animals don't do that, they live at one with it!

Then tell me who is most advanced?

Animals can damage the environment as well, just we've got a nice system of systematic destruction and pollution.
  • Options
    this thread is funny - reminds me of tim and gareth in the office, "can i kill a tiger armed only with a biro?" next we'll be talking about who'd win in a fight between a badger and a ferret :p
    Badger
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Animals can damage the environment as well, just we've got a nice system of systematic destruction and pollution.

Yes... but they don't to the degree we do. Cows pollute more than cars... but before WE started our mass pollution and destruction... it was balanced out by other things.

We can't seemingly live at one with nature, we seem to oppose it's flow.