Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do I tell her...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Howdy all. Since last developments, no longer do I believe I'm "completely unfanciable", as I finally pulled and am now dating the girl. Not all's perfect though, my insecurity now is that I can't get anyone my own age - I'm a 23 year old grad working in the City, she's 16 and still at school. So not exactly ideal, I can't exactly bring her to any gatherings with my mates or colleagues or I'll be a laughing stock, but I think it's essential at this age I have some experience of dating, having a girlfriend etc, as advised here: "You just need practice, don't be too picky about what type of woman you practice with".

Anyway, a few small issues. Not too pleasant but...how do I tell her nicely...
- Her breath always stinks? I've tried offering mints but she refuses. Not nice.
- Her hair is greasy and smells of dandruff..
- She can't kiss properly, keeps kissing my bottom lip and chin leaving a blubbery mess on my chin I always have to wipe off.

Apologies in advance, as I await getting flamed for something or another as per usual.

Comments

• Options
    Is there anything you actually do like about this girl?!
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »

took the words right out of my mouth.

Do you enjoy being with her? Or are you just with her to have a girlfriend? Because tbh, I wouldn't count that as 'practice', unless you really like the girl.

Sorry, that doesn't really answer your question, I'm just intrigued
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think you're a 14 year old that posts here for fun. Please tell me this is a joke? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    She's OK. Not exactly crazy about her but she's a nice girl, 6/10 lookswise, a bit shy so when we have dinner dates there's a lot of awkward silence and stuff (that and we have very little in common to talk about). If she was at least 3-4 years older I'd have no problems, the current age gap and importance of how I'm viewed by peers means it'll have to remain behind closed doors and won't last long.
  • Options
    It doesnt sound like you really like her at all, and its more about having someone rather than not, which is really unfair on her, and considering the age gap i think you should be honest with her. And also hold out for what you really want, but i think you need to think about whats important to you, rather than 'your peers'
  • Options
    To hell with being tactful. You sound like a complete and utter twat.

I cannot believe that you are seeing a 16 year old girl, who you can barely tolerate, simply to get 'practise'. Fuck practise! Women aren't there to be practised on like some kind of sport.
    Whatever drivvle you've been reading, I suggest you burn it.

If you had a single shred of compassion you'd nip this 'relationship' in the bud before she gets completely humiliated and hurt and scarred for the rest of her teenage life. You don't deserve her. You don't deserve anyone. :impissed:
  • Options
    Jomery wrote: »
    She's OK. Not exactly crazy about her but she's a nice girl, 6/10 lookswise, a bit shy so when we have dinner dates there's a lot of awkward silence and stuff (that and we have very little in common to talk about). If she was at least 3-4 years older I'd have no problems, the current age gap and importance of how I'm viewed by peers means it'll have to remain behind closed doors and won't last long.

Seriously, dude, break up already. Congrats on feeling not "completely unfanciable" or whatever, but don't be with a girl just for "practice". Ilora-Danon has a point. How would you like it if the girl said "actually I'm only with you for practice, but you're boring & crap, so bye now"? Just tell her you don't think its gonna work out & leave, before screwing her over any more than you already have!
  • Options
    Are Mowbray & Jomery the same person or something?

Why bother going out with someone you don't fancy and you just want for the sake of having a girlfriend?

IMO, she's too young for you and you should be going out with girls your own age.
    importance of how I'm viewed by peers means it'll have to remain behind closed doors and won't last long.

Why does what everyone else think matter to you so much?

How would YOU feel if it was the other way around?
  • Options
    silverhalo wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think you're a 14 year old that posts here for fun. Please tell me this is a joke? :crazyeyes

Hahahaha I'm with silverhalo on this ...

I take it Jomery is Mowbray(sp) ?

Sorry Jomery/Mowbray I always seem to give you a hard time when you post but you never seem to take any of the advice people have given to you ! So i appologize for what im going to say next but ...

I think you should pull your head out of your backside and realise that seeing as she is your first kiss, that you're not all that amazing either. Also you should really finish with her as the only reason you appear to be with her is to boost your ego.

Either that or you are just some crazy fourteen-year-old who is doing this for kicks like silverhalo suggested
  • Options
    I agree with xjust-thinkingx & silverhalo.

Don't be with someone for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Ha i just have to say it's hilarious that someone with two different names has cocked up and posted in the wrong name :lol:

I've been waiting 5 years for this :D
  • Options
    Why would any one have two different names ? Its actually quite sneaky !
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Ha i just have to say it's hilarious that someone with two different names has cocked up and posted in the wrong name :lol:

I've been waiting 5 years for this :D

You need to get out more :D:p
  • Options
    If I had an ounce of respect for what you are jom, then I lost it now completely. If you ever be in a relationship with a girl, just be very sure she's there for the money and the glam and not for your your wankery personality.
    In fact, I rather be piss poor living on the street giving handjobs for bread crusts, before I am rich and anything remotely like you.

In fact, I think some people should just die a virgin and yea, I'm talking about you.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    You need to get out more :D:p

It's true :(

From this day forth he shall be known as Jomow. Well by me anyway :D
  • Options
    If your going to have TWO accounts check which one your post with. :rolleyes:

I thought for a while you might be the same person.

Why go out with a 16 year old for experience? You really shouldnt just be with someone for the sake of it.
  • Options
    im 17 and i know if someone did tat to me i would devasted. dump her now she'l get over you quicker and i hope to god you havnt had sex with her.
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote: »
    im 17 and i know if someone did tat to me i would devasted. dump her now she'l get over you quicker and i hope to god you havnt had sex with her.

Lol i doubt that very much :lol:

Jomow this is just wrong. You can't use someone for your own selfish reasons.
  • Options
    dude seriusly i think you shouldnt be going out with her (soz) but like it seems like u dnt like anything bout her and its nt gonna work out if the things you don't like bout her are getting in the way if you wanted to be with her you couldnt give two flying shits bout the stuff deriusly i 15 and i cab work that out
  • Options

Jomow this is just wrong. You can't use someone for your own selfish reasons.

She does have a heart afterall. :lol:

But yeah I agree, dude you need to take a look in the mirror. You don't exactly sound like you're god's gift to women yourself so no need to use and take the piss out of a 16 year old girl who you don't even like, just to boost your false ego.
  • Options
    He can go back in time, or at least knock a year off :D

Mowbray wrote: »
    Hi all,

As the title says, I'm 24

Posted last year
    Mowbray wrote: »
    I'm a 23 year old grad working in the City

Posted this year.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    He can go back in time, or at least knock a year off :D

Posted last year

Posted this year.

The plot thickens...
  • Options
    *is now totally lost*
  • Options
    I think its a windup.

I find it hard to believe anyone can be as shallow as Jomery/Mowbray is making out.
  • Options
    Jomow

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

After being so upset about about being so completely unfaciable, I would have thought you would be totally eccstatic about finally finding someone that accepts you for who you are and wants to have a relationship with you. But no, you can't accept her for who she is, you have done nothing but complain and moan. You shouldn't go out with someone just for the sake of it and you shouldn't be ashamed of being seen with that person, simple as!
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Are Mowbray & Jomery the same person or something?
    Yes, busted. But I'm not bothered to admit that, quite amused at that cock-up myself. I have another 2 IDs as well on TheSite - basically I don't want my true identity revealed so have a few personas. Whilst some of the smaller details I give may be slightly off (eg. being 23 not 24) the stories are entirely true.
    Sofie wrote:
    Why bother going out with someone you don't fancy and you just want for the sake of having a girlfriend?
    I was recommended this by several people on this site, and when I implement what it says to do I get flamed. It's all true, I need experience, and I can't afford to be picky. And I couldn't give a **** if I'm being considered horrid/nasty/selfish or whatever, I've been the complete chump all my life, the "nice guy" who gets walked all over, does stuff for girls like walking them all the way home, paying for their drinks/dinner, getting nothing in return, whilst guys who treat their girls like **** get all the pussy.
    Sofie wrote:
    Why does what everyone else think matter to you so much?
    Because (a) I like being 'popular', I'd rather people carry on saying "that guy's a legend" rather than "that's the loser with the 16yo gf". And (b) in the job I do I'm liasing with very high-profile clients. You gain more kudos, respect and credibility, and are remembered of more highly (important when you have to compete for business against rival firms) if you bring a beautiful, sophisticated, classy lady to a dinner party rather than the opposite.

And don't tell me this is only part of my 'high society' bubble, it goes on throughout the whole country, if your mate's going out with a fit fit bird you'll be like "****ing hell mate well done, she's an absolute stunner" and if she's a minger you'll be taking the piss out of him behind his back.
  • Options
    At least he's being honest, and he does kind of have a point. I still don't agree with it though.
  • Options
    Just fuckin dump her then. Mate your giving me a right head ache with all these bloody stories about some really nasty girl that you blatantly think doesn't deserve you. Simple answer cut her loose and let her find someone that wants her for how she is. You can then go crawl back under whatever rock you came out of.
  • Options
    Jomery wrote: »
    basically I don't want my true identity revealed so have a few personas.

You are a complete numpty!
  • Options
    You can then go crawl back under whatever rock you came out of.

:yes:

Jomery, you really are so shallow.
This discussion has been closed.