Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Legalisation

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Look mate. People like drugs, yeah fine, I like driving fast, I can keep to the speed limit, others can abstain. You may not like the idea, I don't really care.

It isn't a simple choice, 'do you like it or not'. Neither situation is perfect. Personally I'd prefer it if the the preparation of drugs had never been discovered.

If I can come up with option number four I'll get back to you, but til then abstaining is my favourite.
  • Options
    Shall we try again?

Are you gonna answer my questions properly?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    If I can come up with option number four I'll get back to you, but til then abstaining is my favourite.

So your brainwave to solve the 'drug problem' is for people to stop taking them. Nice one! :thumb: I can't believe it's never been thought of before.

As far as I can see you are trying very badly at shooting down our argument for legalisation, you offer no alternative ideas, and you are unaware of the problems that the law is causing at the moment.

Again.
    Do you think that the laws as they stand are suitable?
    Do you agree or disagree that as they stand they are making things worse?
    If the law needs to be changed, how would you like to see it done?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fiend_85
    Do not start with me, you will not win.

(I can be bothered to back up arguements with fact)

Think your sig needs amending... :p

[edited 'cos me grammar is ill]
  • Options
    she doesn't often lose! this is the only example i've seen on here!
  • Options
    People are going to use drugs regardless. I dont really like paying for addicts or crime or cleaning up after drug abusers. So, I am in favor of treatment and harm reduction because its the best way to pay less.
  • Options
    mm, i do have to say that i agree something needs to be changed in the law. not sure i agree with total legalisation, maybe like alcohol where you're *supposed* to be 18 or something?

it's just no viable to enforce the current laws, it's impossible!
  • Options
    It comes down to whether it will be better as a legal product or an illegal one. It really has nothing to do with the product as such.
  • Options
    Vote Bongbudda! It's probably the best way of going about it at any rate. And certainly more productive that voting monster raving looney.
  • Options
    Thanks, see, its not just an arguement between all out drug give away and harsh legal penalties.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Thanks, see, its not just an arguement between all out drug give away and harsh legal penalties.

I knew that anyway, I'm just concerned about the wisdom of the current or future governments in implementing a change in the law. Considering all the fart-arseing around surrounding the class change of cannabis
  • Options
    Certainly, for my plan to work it would need a total over haul of the drugs legislation and drug education. Something I dont see happening all that soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Certainly, for my plan to work it would need a total over haul of the drugs legislation and drug education. Something I dont see happening all that soon.

At least, not until you are elected president of the world...
  • Options
    Well I suggested that a while back too, but didnt get many takers.

I'll pull that up, its worth a read too, in fact if I were you I'd do a search and read most of my posts, they're all good.