Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Legalisation

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    It's still the law isn't it? If you can't keep to it, why should I cover for you?

Fuckin'ell, I bet you're a laugh at parties. :rolleyes:
    'cos its none of your damn business, thats why.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    The police have far better things to do I would think.

That's what I said...
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    yes, believe it or not that was the point she was making!

Really? Didn't look like it.
  • Options
    Fuckin'ell, I bet you're a laugh at parties. :rolleyes:
    'cos its none of your damn business, thats why.

It is, it affects me. It affects the way I can use my garden.

Whether I'm a laugh at parties or not.. What do you think roo? You'd know.
  • Options
    That's what I said...

Not really.
  • Options
    Remain has nothing to do with it, as it's not currently illegal. If people smoke a spliff in the park today I could call the police. And maybe they'd turn up within the week.

Actually, it is...
  • Options
    It is, it affects me. It affects the way I can use my garden.

How does someone having a spliff in a park affect you in your garden? :confused:
    Whether I'm a laugh at parties or not.. What do you think roo? You'd know.

You sound miserable to me. I had a good time at a party on Sat. What did you do?
  • Options
    It's still the law isn't it? If you can't keep to it, why should I cover for you?

But if it's not affecting you, why should you call the police? In another thread your talking about the need for compassion and what not, calling the police in that situation smacks of malice.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    considering if we were playing we'd try to put distance between ourselves and others.

Than smoke from a joint is hardly going to bother you is it.

Remain has nothing to do with it, as it's not currently illegal. If people smoke a spliff in the park today I could call the police. And maybe they'd turn up within the week.

And I'm saying that it wouldn't be any different after legalisation. It would still remian illegal to smoke in public. What would change.

Any ideas yet as to what to do with this 'drug problem' we have or shall we leave the laws as they are? We've got our ideas and shared them. This is the 3rd time I've asked you this question.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    How does someone having a spliff in a park affect you in your garden? :confused:

You sound miserable to me. I had a good time at a party on Sat. What did you do?

Saturday was on my way back from London. As I was the weekend before, though it was sunday I came back after having gone clubbing in camden on friday night and then celebrated my best mates b-day on saturday.

It affects my garden, because they sit, literally, over my back wall, so the smoke comes into the garden. The more stoned they are, the louder and more offensive they become, meaning that my neice and nephew can't go outside to play.
  • Options
    And to be fair, I'm not trying to be fun on this board. It's not why I'm here.
  • Options
    yes it was what she said, if you looked at it and read it properly.

as for a laugh at a party, yes you are. admittedly i doubt you'd be too happy if people came and started smoking pot right in your face, you'd tell them where to get off. but, for example, at the GCSE party you didnt go and tell off the wendy shed, you just keep out of there way.

i've been stoned through third party smoking before and that's not fair. it's my choice if i want to get stoned, so people shouldn't force it around me.

if it gets legalised, there should be potsmoke free areas. like there should be smoke free areas. and i mean large ones, not just like non-smoking tables where the smoke drifts over...
  • Options
    Saturday was on my way back from London. As I was the weekend before, though it was sunday I came back after having gone clubbing in camden on friday night and then celebrated my best mates b-day on saturday.

Glad you had a good time. :)
    It affects my garden, because they sit, literally, over my back wall, so the smoke comes into the garden. The more stoned they are, the louder and more offensive they become, meaning that my neice and nephew can't go outside to play.

Thats got nowt to do with smoking cannabis per se.
  • Options
    as for a laugh at a party, yes you are. admittedly i doubt you'd be too happy if people came and started smoking pot right in your face, you'd tell them where to get off. but, for example, at the GCSE party you didnt go and tell off the wendy shed, you just keep out of there way

Wendy shed, that was at Jess S's party no? when the potplant and the speaker it was sat on kept jumping off the wall
  • Options
    yes it was what she said, if you looked at it and read it properly.

No, you only knew that 'cos you know her.
    if it gets legalised, there should be potsmoke free areas. like there should be smoke free areas. and i mean large ones, not just like non-smoking tables where the smoke drifts over...

Yes, I agree.
  • Options
    Thats got nowt to do with smoking cannabis per se.

per se, sounds like clutching at straws to me.
  • Options
    No, you only knew that 'cos you know her.

She only knew that because she read it. How does knowing me have anything to do with it, it's not like she's sitting by my comp with me is it?
  • Options
    per se, sounds like clutching at straws to me.

Probably does to you. But you don't seem too bright.
  • Options
    She only knew that because she read it. How does knowing me have anything to do with it, it's not like she's sitting by my comp with me is it?

But she knows you, therefore knows your opinions, how you express yourself and what you were likely to mean. It reads very different when its just disembodied words on a screen.
  • Options
    Probably does to you. But you don't seem too bright.

Try not to resort to personal comments. Especially considering what you think about my intelligence has very little impact considering how intelligent I actually am.
  • Options
    But she knows you, therefore knows your opinions, how you express yourself and what you were likely to mean. It reads very different when its just disembodied words on a screen.

Try not to argue with her then.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

By avoiding my question you are now being rude and I can only take it that you don't know enough about this subject to offer a view.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    By avoiding my question you are now being rude and I can only take it that you don't know enough about this subject to offer a view.

Sorry, there are so many new posts sometimes I miss one, care to re-post it?
  • Options
    The more stoned they are, the louder and more offensive they become, meaning that my neice and nephew can't go outside to play.

Bullshit.
  • Options
    Try not to resort to personal comments.

I wasn't. I was stating my perception of you, judged on what you write.
    Especially considering what you think about my intelligence has very little impact considering how intelligent I actually am.

Of course not. But you come across to me as not very good at debate, comprehension and thinking things through. But, as I said, thats just my perception.
  • Options
    no, it's not because i know her. we don't tend to have this type of discussion that often so i don't know her opinions.

it is because i read "and maybe they'd turn up within a week" that i understood it. if someone was committing a crime, you'd expect the police to turn up instantly, wouldn't you?

it's like burglary in progress and they get there 3 days later.
  • Options
    Try not to argue with her then.

Why? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    Bullshit.

it is not, it is fact. Whether you have had a similar experience or not has zero bearing on it.
  • Options
    Sorry, there are so many new posts sometimes I miss one, care to re-post it?

I've asked you as well.

So you support an unregulated black market run by gangsters then?
  • Options
    Why? :confused:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Don't argue with her about her perception of my opinon, you said yourself, she knows me better.