Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Legalisation

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    read her other posts in other threads.

fiend, they want to know your other proposals as with regards to sorting the drug problem.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    no, it's not because i know her. we don't tend to have this type of discussion that often so i don't know her opinions.

it is because i read "and maybe they'd turn up within a week" that i understood it. if someone was committing a crime, you'd expect the police to turn up instantly, wouldn't you?

it's like burglary in progress and they get there 3 days later.

No, its because you know her. It doesn't matter whether you specifically discuss this subject or not. As her friend, you're likely to know her general views on life and you know how she communicates.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. Don't argue with her about her perception of my opinon, you said yourself, she knows me better.

I wasn't arguing about her perception of your opinion.
  • Options
    it is not, it is fact. Whether you have had a similar experience or not has zero bearing on it.

Smoking cannabis doesn't cause people to become loud and offensive. If the people behind your garden loud are becoming loud and offensive, it ain't because of cannabis.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta

So you support an unregulated black market run by gangsters then?

My response was that if people didn't insist on breaking the current laws there wouldn't really be a market to be run by the gangsters.
  • Options
    no, seriously if that had come from any one of you, i would have thought that you were commenting about the police's lack of concern.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    Smoking cannabis doesn't cause people to become loud and offensive. If the people behind your garden loud are becoming loud and offensive, it ain't because of cannabis.

Then be more expressive in your responses. It doesn't really gain you much respect by just stating 'bullshit'.
  • Options
    My response was that if people didn't insist on breaking the current laws there wouldn't really be a market to be run by the gangsters.

And I told you that you're living in a fantasy land. Human beings like drugs. Always have done always will. Given that piece of hardly earth shattering news, I'll ask you again. What do you think is better? A properly legal and controlled market or an illegal uncontrolled market run by gangsters?
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    no, seriously if that had come from any one of you, i would have thought that you were commenting about the police's lack of concern.

Yes of course you would.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    And I told you that you're living in a fantasy land. Human beings like drugs. Always have done always will. Given that piece of hardly earth shattering news, I'll ask you again. What do you think is better? A properly legal and controlled market or an illegal uncontrolled market run by gangsters?

I'm not living in a fantasy land, I said that if people didn't buy drugs there wouldn't be a problem. You're suggest that there are only two options, there are three, abstention being the third.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

And our response is that the laws at the moment don't people taking drugs and actaully do more harm than good to those that choose to take them.

Do you think the law as it stands is working?
    Or do you have ideas of your own?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

You're living on another planet lol...no politician is going to tell me what i can and can't do in the privacy of my own home which affects no-one but myself. To try and do so is tyranny.
  • Options
    I'm not living in a fantasy land, I said that if people didn't buy drugs there wouldn't be a problem. You're suggest that there are only two options there are three, abstention.

You are living in a fantasy land. People do things that you might not necessarily agree with. Get over it, accept it and move on.

So I'll ask you again - given that total abstension is not an option, what is your solution?
  • Options
    don't tell me what i would and wouldn't think! maybe it is easier because i know her, but would you like to get an objective third party in to see what they make of it? am i correct in thinking you were the only one who didnt see what she was tryin to say? or did other people not comment.

this isn't really totally relevant to the topic of conversation
  • Options
    I'm not living in a fantasy land, I said that if people didn't buy drugs there wouldn't be a problem. You're suggest that there are only two options, there are three, abstention being the third.

And how exactly do you propose to make people abstain?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Oh my god. You're away with the fairies.

Think before you post eh...people like drugs, it's been said before, nothing's going to change that...taking that into account, there are only two fucking choices.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    And how exactly do you propose to make people abstain?

Abstention is an option, it's a question of choice. How you love that word, choice. It's the foundation for every arguement that you have, 'I should have the right to choose'.

I don't propose to make anyone do anything, I'm not in a position to. Why aren't people just able to abstain? It's not that hard.
  • Options
    All three of you seem to find this option of abstaining totally shocking, which is quite frankly hilarious. It's an option, you just don't like it.
  • Options
    Hello? Earth calling fiend_85! Come back to us!

People like using drugs. FACT. Now, given this fact, what do think is better? The current situation or legalisation?
  • Options
    Then be more expressive in your responses. It doesn't really gain you much respect by just stating 'bullshit'.

It is bullshit...ask anyone, scientists, pychologists whatever, they'll tell you to say cannabis causes people to be loud and offensive is utter bullshit.
  • Options
    All three of you seem to find this option of abstaining totally shocking, which is quite frankly hilarious. It's an option, you just don't like it.

Don't be daft. Plenty of people I know abstain. But you're not being realistic. Plenty of other people like taking drugs.
    So, given this, I'll ask again. What do think is better? The current situation or legalisation?
  • Options

What is frankly quite hilarious if the fact you're totally missing the point. I don't know if it can be put any simpler for you, i really don't.

If you want to abstain totally, no problem...if you want indulge, also no problem...agree?
  • Options
    Look mate. People like drugs, yeah fine, I like driving fast, I can keep to the speed limit, others can abstain. You may not like the idea, I don't really care.

It isn't a simple choice, 'do you like it or not'. Neither situation is perfect. Personally I'd prefer it if the the preparation of drugs had never been discovered.

If I can come up with option number four I'll get back to you, but til then abstaining is my favourite.
  • Options

So you think that the answer to the worlds drug problem is for people to abstain from taking them. This is crap.

We don't want to abstain and that's the point. That's why the laws we have don't work. There are people that don't find it easy to abstain - they're called addicts.

I'll ask you again do you think that the drug laws we have now work? Would you like to see them remain or do you have any better ideas.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'll ask you again do you think that the drug laws we have now work? Would you like to see them remain or do you have any better ideas.

Anwer me this time?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Look mate. People like drugs, yeah fine, I like driving fast, I can keep to the speed limit, others can abstain. You may not like the idea, I don't really care.

It isn't a simple choice, 'do you like it or not'. Neither situation is perfect. Personally I'd prefer it if the the preparation of drugs had never been discovered.

If I can come up with option number four I'll get back to you, but til then abstaining is my favourite.

I'm not asking you if you want to take drugs or not, i'm saying it's better if drugs were legalised for those who want to take them. Do you not understand?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    i'm saying it's better if drugs were legalised for those who want to take them.

And for those that don't.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    And for those that don't.

Let's not confuse her mate :D

"but i don't want to take drugs, i want to abstain" lmfao
  • Options

Why don't you start looking at the world how it actually is, not how you'd like it to be in some ideal fairyland. And stop making fatuous comparisons, like speeding.

Oh and "I'd prefer it if the the preparation of drugs had never been discovered."? So no painkillers, no anaesthetic, no medicine of any kind? Really? Is that what you want?
  • Options
    Are you gonna answer my questions?