Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Eating cannabis

12346»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been called a mug, an idiot and an objectionable arse without retaliating. I've been polite considering. My backs been against a wall all through this thread because half the users here want to argue a point no matter what it is.
    I dont think I called you either an idiot or a mug, and I didnt straight out call you an objectionable arse either. Where as to my view point you have called a friend of mine an idiot.

So dont entirely make yourself out to be the 'victim' of this.
    I'm not, just saying why I'm defending my views. I dont know the circumstances with your friend so I cant comment on that.
    Why dont u guys meet up and settle this with a good old fashion duel
    Vray-i seriously don't see why people contemplating killing themselves on shrooms are idiots, you called them idiots and i haven't seen you retract that statement, shrooms take your mind away to a diffferent place and they'll also bring forward underlying issues in your life, good and bad, now the combination of these two could possibly lead you to kill yourself on them...please retract your statement...
    turlough and wonderbra are of course right.
    psycadelics are mood altering and mind expanding.
    that is why they can be so beneficial as well as risky.
    psycadelics can be used in certain kinds of therapy ...introducing you to yourself like never before ...sometimes taking you back to the womb or so it would seem.
    psycadelics don't only alter temporarily your psyche but also your perception of the environment around you.
    these effects ...very powerful as they often are can be way to much for some people.
    yes the risks from mushies are low and i don't think they should be illegal but ...like alcohol amphetamine cocaine and cannabis ...everthing possible should be done to educate people to the DANGOURS ...that each of these substances carry.
    Retract my statement? Now you're saying I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

Another example of people here arguing with me for stupid reasons. Don't you think we'd see more shroom related deaths if you're making a valid point?
    Shrooms react differently to each and every single person, i seen someone at a festival recently take 1 30g bag of shrooms and totally freaked it, wanted to find the security men so they could take him to the hospital, he lost his shoes, actually couldn't walk because of the jelly feeling in his legs and people there not on shrooms freaking him the fuck out.

Vray, you have to remember that people who kill themselves on shrooms believe in their unstable mental mind that the best way to get out of this horrifying trip is to kill themselves.

Yes it very rarely happens but the people who do so are not idiots, they'r just mentally unstable.
    I agree we all react differently. It's an extreme if you end up killing yourself on mushrooms and I think we're all speaking hypothetically, not from cases we know of where it's happened which is one thing that bothers me about this.

In the one case I know about a guy ate some of the strongest mushrooms available not even knowing what they were, drank heavily, got into a cab without being able to pay for it, jumped out and ran home without paying then worked himself up so much he ran through a glass window and fell to his death. We can all feel sorry for him but you need to take responsibility for your own actions when you knowingly take mind altering drugs. The rest of us who do use them responsibly have to have this kind of story blown out of proportion in the media as a result which leads to things like this ban and thousands of people being made criminals if we want to carry on using them.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Again I'd just like to say that I know of three people (myslef included) who have had convulsions on shrooms.
    Weekender Offender 
    and what about poor old will haycock then?
    Convulsions are caused by activity in the brain and some shaking is common on shrooms, but it's harmless. If you didn't like it then dont take them again :confused:
    Vray wrote:
    Convulsions are caused by activity in the brain and some shaking is common on shrooms, but it's harmless. If you didn't like it then dont take them again :confused:
    are you maybe obsessed with the bloody things?
    No, but the fine contributions to this thread by you just keep coming.

Are you maybe obsessed with posting useless things here for the sake of it?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Vray wrote:
    Convulsions are caused by activity in the brain and some shaking is common on shrooms, but it's harmless.

Now I know you're an idiot.

Blacking out, cracking my head on the pavement then having convulsions whilst still out of it is not harmless.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Now I know you're an idiot.

Blacking out, cracking my head on the pavement then having convulsions whilst still out of it is not harmless.

Ah yes, I'm an idiot for not being able to read your mind and know you cracked your head open on the pavement when all you said was you had convulsions.

Of course.
    Vray wrote:
    Are you maybe obsessed with posting useless things here for the sake of it?
    do you honestly believe there is anything remotely interesting left to add to this mind numbing all been said before crap?
    Well how about not reading or posting in a thread you find mind numbingly crap?

Is that idea too 'out there' for you?
    Vray wrote:
    Well how about not reading or posting in a thread you find mind numbingly crap?

?
    one of the most sensible things you've said.
    Happy to give you a reason to have another childish dig at me.
    Artificial feeding
    Throughout the ages, when maternal milk was unavailable and wet nursing not possible, many different substances were tried in order to feed young babies. Prior to the mid 19th century most of these products resulted in the death of the infant. By the late 19th century, with the beginning of milk analysis, the first infant "formulas" were developed. Due to its availability, cow's milk, although very different to human milk, was used in the development of these "formulas." These early infant "formulas" often provided by the individual physician, involved complicated methods of modification of cow's milk. Improvement in food processing led to the development of condensed and powdered formulas which were easier to use. "Formulas" have continued to evolve and are still a "work in progress" over one hundred years later.

During the first half of the twentieth century a number of cultural changes resulted in the replacement of human milk by artificial feeding as the normal method of infant feeding. These cultural changes included medicalization of birth, changing physician and women's roles, increasing influence of science and increasing advertising of "formula." By the 1950's, most hospitals and health professionals in the developed world promoted artificial feeding as the feeding method of choice.

The marketing of artificial feeding products, begun in the late 1800's, has continued until the present day with the consistent message of physician endorsement, scientific development and good nutrition. This is the most successful marketing campaign ever undertaken resulting in the complete cultural acceptance and the perception by both the general public and many health professionals of a safe optimum product equal to or better than human milk.
    True, but lets not forget...

Wet Nursing
    The roots of donor milk banking reach back to earlier times when children were either breastfed by their mothers or breast fed by friends, relatives or strangers - a practice referred to as "wet nursing". Evidence of the support for "wet nursing" is present in the Code of Hammurabi from 2250 BC where the attributes needed for good wet nurses are described. In those early days, children were thought to inherit the physical, mental and emotional traits of their wet nurse through the breast milk so selection of the nurse was felt to be very important. In the 13th century, European women made more money working as wet nurses than any other occupation open to women. By early in the twentieth century, awareness of the possibility of disease transmission, difficulty finding wet nurse particularly in North America and an increasing number of artificial feeding products resulted in increasing interest in artificial feeding.
    Vray wrote:
    True, but lets not forget...

Wet Nursing
    The roots of donor milk banking reach back to earlier times when children were either breastfed by their mothers or breast fed by friends, relatives or strangers - a practice referred to as "wet nursing". Evidence of the support for "wet nursing" is present in the Code of Hammurabi from 2250 BC where the attributes needed for good wet nurses are described. In those early days, children were thought to inherit the physical, mental and emotional traits of their wet nurse through the breast milk so selection of the nurse was felt to be very important. In the 13th century, European women made more money working as wet nurses than any other occupation open to women. By early in the twentieth century, awareness of the possibility of disease transmission, difficulty finding wet nurse particularly in North America and an increasing number of artificial feeding products resulted in increasing interest in artificial feeding.
    i realy did laugh out loud! :thumb:
    :d